'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,463
- +8 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Rather Poor
- KrystleWritten on April 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Unbelievably amazing tour. Everything was extremely professional and well organized. I had the time of my life. I highly recommend this tour.
- BBrittanyWritten on October 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was everything i expected plus more our guide ed was really good at his job and raf the driver was the best bus driver iv ever experienced
- JDJackWritten on March 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My trip with Contiki was absolutely amazing! Susie and Pat are brilliant. The tour was really organised and we'll run. Definitely recommend doing a tour with Contiki.
- KBKrystalWritten on March 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Susie is f*****g amazing!!! So helpful, kind, informative and fun! She made the trip awesome!
- KHKrenWritten on March 10, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The trip was amazing. It was my first contiki so I didn't know what to expect. But our trip leader and driver were more than amazing ! They made it a trip of a life time and I've been on two contikis since and neither come close to the New Zealand. The... Read more
- DDaveWritten on March 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Trip was excellent. Exceeded expectations, and the knowledge Susie had of NZ was thorough and relevant.
- APAnthonyWritten on March 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was an awesome trip. I really don't know if there could be a better guide out there than Susie, she was great.
- ATAlvinWritten on March 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Susie Ferkins is the best tour guide for contiki ever. If you travel to New Zealand, i would recommend Susie Ferkins for the tour guide. She explains everything really clear and recommends some good places to dine and also to party/drink. Everything went... Read more
- AAlbertWritten on March 1, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Probably one of the best tour guide haha...love every bit of the trip. Who knows we may cross path again. Time will tell :). Keep up the good tour guide all the best.
- CSCarolineWritten on March 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Trip was awesome, way exceeded my expectations. Tour guide susie and driver patty made it!!!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Wellington to Christchurch via Picton and Kaikoura
- Day 2: Christchurch to Franz Josef via Arthers Pass and Hokitika
- Day 3: Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 4: Franz Josef Glacier to Queenstown
- Day 5: Queenstown
- Day 6: Queenstown
- Day 7: Queenstown
- Day 8: Queenstown to Te Anau via Milford Sound
- Day 9: Te Anau to Lake Ohau via Arrowtown
- Day 10: Lake Ohau to Christchurch via Lake Tekapo
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- New Zealand with Contiki
- In-Depth Explorer
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I am trying to book a tour to visit New Zealand 10-12 days, but can we start the tour on Oct 29th? We are also looking to visit both North and South island.
Unfortunately the only tours we have of New Zealand that depart on 29th October are on the following link - http://www.tourradar.com/d/new-zealand#when=29/10/2016,duration=10-14
As you are looking to do both the North & South Island you will generally need at least 14 days.
Are you flexible with your dates at all? If so there is a fantastic 14 day tour that departs on 30th October to see the details click the following link -
Just wondering what time does the tour finish on day 10 (looking to book flights to return to Auckland that same day).
The tour ends at 6pm, but it is advised not book flights the same day, because the last day is still a travel day and if there are any delays you might miss your flight. So, just to be on the safe side we advice to book a flight the next day, if possible.
At the beginning of the tour are we supposed to meet the group somewhere or will the tour include a hotel pick up?
Contiki includes an extra day for their North American travellers to arrive and adjust before the tour gets started so you would actually have an additional night of accommodations at the starting point hotel. You can check in any time after 2pm and enjoy Wellington at your leisure. You'll meet with your group and Trip Leader the following morning at the same hotel.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Well hello there, its so nice of you to visit my profile page. Im a double lucky guide as i get to work..."
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Deborah, 55 years old31st October 2018
'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington)
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from Wellington10 DaysSaturdayDec 8, 2018to ChristchurchOnly 1 seat left$81USD $1,625
- FridayDec 7, 2018from Wellington10 DaysSundayDec 16, 2018to Christchurch0 seats left$81USD $1,625
- SaturdayDec 15, 2018from Wellington10 DaysMondayDec 24, 2018to Christchurch7 seats left$236$1,625-10%USD $1,463
- SundayDec 23, 2018from Wellington10 DaysTuesdayJan 1, 2019to Christchurch8 seats left$81USD $1,625
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from Wellington10 DaysSaturdayJan 5, 2019to Christchurch0 seats left$81USD $1,625
- MondayDec 31, 2018from Wellington10 DaysWednesdayJan 9, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$81USD $1,625
- FridayJan 4, 2019from Wellington10 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to Christchurch0 seats left$81USD $1,625
- TuesdayJan 8, 2019from Wellington10 DaysThursdayJan 17, 2019to Christchurch0 seats left$81USD $1,625
- SaturdayJan 12, 2019from Wellington10 DaysMondayJan 21, 2019to Christchurch8 seats left$81USD $1,625Instant BookHold my
- WednesdayJan 16, 2019from Wellington10 DaysFridayJan 25, 2019to ChristchurchOnly 1 seat left$81USD $1,625Book Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Wellington is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 January 2019 the full payment of $1,463 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1463 for 'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 154 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 172 km
- Dunedin (New Zealand)
- 94 km
- Oamaru (New Zealand)
- 130 km
- Lake Ohau (New Zealand)
- 56 km
- Lake Tekapo (New Zealand)
- 182 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,463 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,049 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 73 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 112 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington)