'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,512
- +8 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Cruise through gorgeous Marlborough Sounds
- Ice climbing at Franz Joseph Glacier
- Speed down Shotover River on a jetboat
- Unforgetable night life in Queenstown
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KrystleWritten on April 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentUnbelievably amazing tour. Everything was extremely professional and well organized. I had the time of my life. I highly recommend this tour.Show detailed ratings
- BBrittanyWritten on October 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt was everything i expected plus more our guide ed was really good at his job and raf the driver was the best bus driver iv ever experiencedShow detailed ratings
- JDJackWritten on March 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentMy trip with Contiki was absolutely amazing! Susie and Pat are brilliant. The tour was really organised and we'll run. Definitely recommend doing a tour with Contiki.Show detailed ratings
- KHKrenWritten on March 10, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was amazing. It was my first contiki so I didn't know what to expect. But our trip leader and driver were more than amazing ! They made it a trip of a life time and I've been on two contikis since and neither come close to the New Zealand. The accommodations were wonderful, and the coach we had was more than great to travel the country in.Show detailed ratings
- DDaveWritten on March 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentTrip was excellent. Exceeded expectations, and the knowledge Susie had of NZ was thorough and relevant.Show detailed ratings
- APAnthonyWritten on March 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was an awesome trip. I really don't know if there could be a better guide out there than Susie, she was great.Show detailed ratings
- ATAlvinWritten on March 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentSusie Ferkins is the best tour guide for contiki ever. If you travel to New Zealand, i would recommend Susie Ferkins for the tour guide. She explains everything really clear and recommends some good places to dine and also to party/drink. Everything went smooth and all activities went smooth. The accommodations were really great and Queenstown is one of the best town and have the best accommodation. I would also recommend Pat as the best bus driver for driving Point A to B. Best driving skills. Remember Susie, Never forget the Asian twins and no one can replace them! hahahShow detailed ratings
- AAlbertWritten on March 1, 20174.5 - ExcellentProbably one of the best tour guide haha...love every bit of the trip. Who knows we may cross path again. Time will tell :). Keep up the good tour guide all the best.Show detailed ratings
- CSCarolineWritten on March 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentTrip was awesome, way exceeded my expectations. Tour guide susie and driver patty made it!!!Show detailed ratings
- AJAlexWritten on March 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentBest tour guide on the planet!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Wellington to Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch to Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 3: Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 4: Franz Josef Glacier to Queenstown
- Day 5: Queenstown
- Day 6 - 8: Queenstown
- Day 8: Queenstown to Dunedin
- Day 9: Dunedin to Lake Ohau
- Day 10: Lake Ohau to Christchurch
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 21, 2016
I am trying to book a tour to visit New Zealand 10-12 days, but can we start the tour on Oct 29th? We are also looking to visit both North and South island.
Unfortunately the only tours we have of New Zealand that depart on 29th October are on the following link - http://www.tourradar.com/d/new-zealand#when=29/10/2016,duration=10-14
As you are looking to do both the North & South Island you will generally need at least 14 days.
Are you flexible with your dates at all? If so there is a fantastic 14 day tour that departs on 30th October to see the details click the following link -
- September 1, 2016
Just wondering what time does the tour finish on day 10 (looking to book flights to return to Auckland that same day).
The tour ends at 6pm, but it is advised not book flights the same day, because the last day is still a travel day and if there are any delays you might miss your flight. So, just to be on the safe side we advice to book a flight the next day, if possible.
- June 1, 2016
At the beginning of the tour are we supposed to meet the group somewhere or will the tour include a hotel pick up?
Contiki includes an extra day for their North American travellers to arrive and adjust before the tour gets started so you would actually have an additional night of accommodations at the starting point hotel. You can check in any time after 2pm and enjoy Wellington at your leisure. You'll meet with your group and Trip Leader the following morning at the same hotel.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Well hello there, its so nice of you to visit my profile page. Im a double lucky guide as i get to work..."
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sandra9th January 2018
'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Wellington10 DaysTuesdayMay 8, 2018to ChristchurchNot available in your region
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from Wellington10 DaysThursdayMay 24, 2018to Christchurch8 seats left$64USD $1,525
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Wellington10 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$64USD $1,525
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Wellington10 DaysWednesdayJul 11, 2018to Christchurch9 seats left$63USD $1,512
- WednesdayJul 18, 2018from Wellington10 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to Christchurch8 seats left$63USD $1,512
- ThursdayJul 26, 2018from Wellington10 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$63USD $1,512
- FridayAug 3, 2018from Wellington10 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$63USD $1,512
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Wellington10 DaysMondayAug 20, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$63USD $1,512
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Wellington10 DaysTuesdayAug 28, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$63USD $1,512
- TuesdaySep 4, 2018from Wellington10 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Christchurch10+ seats left$63USD $1,512
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Wellington is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 June 2018 the full payment of $1,512 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1512 for 'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 154 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 172 km
- Dunedin (New Zealand)
- 94 km
- Oamaru (New Zealand)
- 130 km
- Lake Ohau (New Zealand)
- 56 km
- Lake Tekapo (New Zealand)
- 182 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,512 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 800 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 53 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 108 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 'Sweet As' South (Start Wellington)