'Sweet As' South
- Our saving
- US $ 1,157
- +4 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Rather Poor
- SKStephanieWritten on December 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Met some amazing people and loved Rae and Josh on the trip who were our guides. Definitely would go back with them again! Had so much fun!
- KrystleWritten on April 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Unbelievably amazing tour. Everything was extremely professional and well organized. I had the time of my life. I highly recommend this tour.
- BBrittanyWritten on October 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was everything i expected plus more our guide ed was really good at his job and raf the driver was the best bus driver iv ever experienced
- JDJackWritten on March 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My trip with Contiki was absolutely amazing! Susie and Pat are brilliant. The tour was really organised and we'll run. Definitely recommend doing a tour with Contiki.
- KBKrystalWritten on March 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Susie is f*****g amazing!!! So helpful, kind, informative and fun! She made the trip awesome!
- KHKrenWritten on March 10, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The trip was amazing. It was my first contiki so I didn't know what to expect. But our trip leader and driver were more than amazing ! They made it a trip of a life time and I've been on two contikis since and neither come close to the New Zealand. The... Read more
- DDaveWritten on March 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Trip was excellent. Exceeded expectations, and the knowledge Susie had of NZ was thorough and relevant.
- APAnthonyWritten on March 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was an awesome trip. I really don't know if there could be a better guide out there than Susie, she was great.
- ATAlvinWritten on March 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Susie Ferkins is the best tour guide for contiki ever. If you travel to New Zealand, i would recommend Susie Ferkins for the tour guide. She explains everything really clear and recommends some good places to dine and also to party/drink. Everything went... Read more
- AAlbertWritten on March 1, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Probably one of the best tour guide haha...love every bit of the trip. Who knows we may cross path again. Time will tell :). Keep up the good tour guide all the best.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Christchurch to Lake Ohau via Lake Tekapo
- Day 2: Lake Ohau to Te Anau via Arrowtown
- Day 3: Te Anau to Queenstown via Milford Sound
- Day 4: Queenstown
- Day 5: Queenstown
- Day 6: Queenstown
- Day 7: Queenstown to Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 8: Franz Josef Glacier
- Day 9: Franz Josef Glacier to Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- New Zealand with Contiki
- In-Depth Explorer
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age range of this tour?
Contiki runs tours exclusively for travellers between ages 18-35 years only. They are designed and marketed towards budget-minded young travellers wanting to meet other people their age from all over the world. These tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
If you are looking for a tour better suited to your age range and travel style, please contact our Customer Support team.
Which hotels would the accommodation be made in?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
Is there a single room available for pre and post tour accommodation?
Yes, there is a single room available, but it may be cheaper to stay in a twin share option for pre and post tour accommodation. Please contact us to arrange this.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Well hello there, its so nice of you to visit my profile page. Im a double lucky guide as i get to work..."
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
- "Hey hey, I'm Hailee or Lee as I'm better known and I have been working for Contiki Asia since 2013. I..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Dennis31st October 2018
'Sweet As' South
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- FridayDec 14, 2018from Christchurch9 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to ChristchurchNot available in your region
- TuesdayDec 18, 2018from Christchurch9 DaysWednesdayDec 26, 2018to ChristchurchNot available in your region
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Christchurch9 DaysSundayDec 30, 2018to ChristchurchOnly 1 seat left$259$1,405-15%USD $1,194
- WednesdayDec 26, 2018from Christchurch9 DaysThursdayJan 3, 2019to Christchurch0 seats left$56USD $1,405
- SundayDec 30, 2018from Christchurch9 DaysMondayJan 7, 2019to Christchurch0 seats left$56USD $1,405
- ThursdayJan 3, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Christchurch0 seats left$56USD $1,405
- MondayJan 7, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysTuesdayJan 15, 2019to Christchurch0 seats left$56USD $1,405
- TuesdayJan 15, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysWednesdayJan 23, 2019to Christchurch0 seats left$56USD $1,405
- SaturdayJan 19, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysSundayJan 27, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$259$1,405-15%USD $1,194
- WednesdayJan 23, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysThursdayJan 31, 2019to Christchurch10+ seats left$259$1,405-15%USD $1,194
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 January 2019 the full payment of $1,157 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1157 for 'Sweet As' South, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 237 km
- Lake Ohau (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Dunedin (New Zealand)
- 172 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 222 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,157 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,114 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 80 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 113 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 'Sweet As' South