Walking in Iceland
- Discover Vatnajökull National Park
- Wander through the village of Vík
- Visit the craters of Laki
- Experience the Skaftafell area
- Age range
- 2 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Jeep & 4WD
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, Attraction-Based Hikes
- Ron Hankins's review about another UTracks tour4.5 - Excellent
We were not given a GPS as advrtised and had to rely on printed maps and directions which were confusing. I had to use my cell for map assistance at additional expense for me. The wrong maps were provided for the last 2 days and we had to have hotel staff... Read more
- Janice Tedstone's review about another UTracks tour4.5 - Excellent
This trip was very, very good. The bikes were of very good quality anf were weel-maintained. All the equipment provided was superior to what we've had on similar trips elsewhere. We did not rate the Accommodation as being overall excellent because the... Read more
- Janice Tedstone's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent
We couldn't have ask for a better self-guided walking tour. Our taxi for our transfer from Oviedo train station to Arenas de Cabrales was waiting for us when we arrived and all other taxi transfers were always on time or early when we were ready to go.... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Join Reykjavik, drive via the Great Geysir area to our base for the trip (2-3hrs)
- Day 2: Vatnajökull National Park - Skaftafell (4-5hrs)
- Day 3: Visit the craters of Laki * (3-4hrs)
- Day 4: Transfer to Jökulsárlón Lagoon, walk to the foot of the Öræfajökull Glacier (4-5hrs)
- Day 5: Return to Reykjavik via Vík and a walk over the geothermal area of Reykjadalur (3-4hrs)
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Heather, 57 years old23rd September 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 January 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Walking in Iceland, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 178 km
- Laki (Iceland)
- 61 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon (Iceland)
- 156 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 163 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,465 tours in Europe
- covered by 274 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Walking in Iceland via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 23,458 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours