Taste of Burgundy
ends on 22 Jul 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,280
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
Start and end in Dijon! With the self-guided tour Taste of Burgundy, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Dijon, France and 7 other destinations in France. Taste of Burgundy includes more.
- Age range
- 2 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Bicycle
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- JIJaniceWritten on June 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was wonderful The guide accommodation and food were amazingShow detailed ratingsUTracks commented on this reviewThank you for your review Janice. We look forward to welcoming you on another UTracks holiday.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 4, 20171.5 - Rather poorIt was a stunning area to explore and good quality bikes were provided. Our guide Andre was fantastic. Unfortunately the experience on the barge was not the same great experience. Overall this was not a good value based on what was provided compared to other tours in europe, in my opinion. It was very basic accommodation and the food and service was very disappointing. Did not feel very welcomed aboard the boat and sort of felt like an unwanted guest that was an imposition. It made me question rather I would do a boat and bike tour again. I would rather pay less for the tour and then pay for my lunch and dinner from local patiseries and restaurants and get quality and fresh food. Also it would have been nice to have been able to do a proper visit and tasting at a few of the vineyards. We were biking thru incredible vineyards without stopping to appreciate and learn/taste the local wines. The cost to have wine on board was also a bit steep, especially given the accommodation. I had done a bike tour thru the Loire valley with G Adventures staying in hotels and it was a far better overall trip. Based on my experience, would not recommend this tour. I hate to write a negative review, but I wish I had this feedback before I booked as I may not have booked. It is a shame as it has the potential to be a really great tour, but there would need to be a lot of improvements made.Show detailed ratingsUTracks commented on this reviewDear Anonymous, Thanks for submitting your review. We would love to have the opportunity to address these comments with you directly. Please do contact your local UTracks office. The Burgundy region is undoubtedly known for its world class wines however there are many other aspects of this trip which are also of significant appeal such as the cycling through rolling vistas, historical towns such as Beaune and the experience of living aboard a canal barge in France for a week. During the trip we offer two included wine tasting opportunities, usually at the end of the day rather than during the days cycling. Other opportunities in your free time (eg Beaune) are also possible. The barge is simple but comfortable as stated in our literature and this barge is known for its friendly crew and variety of meals. This has been a popular program for over 10 years now. Other trips offered through UTracks use a range of barge categories to allow people to choose what suits their taste and budget.
- AnonymousWritten on September 20, 20085.0 - ExcellentI had a very good time in France. The trip was well organized and the scenery beautiful, we travelled through some wonderfull villages and tasted some great wines. I would certainly consider arranging another trip through UTracks and will suggest using you guys to any friends or colleagues that I can.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Dijon, embark and meet the crew
- Day 2: A short cycle in the northwest Dijon region (20km/12.5mi)
- Day 3: Cruise the Burgundy Canal then cycle to Longecourt en Plaine (45km/28mi)
- Day 4: Cycle to Auxonne on the river Saône then to St Jean de Losne (45km/28mi)
- Day 5: Visit a museum then cycle along the river Saône to Seurre (45km/28mi)
- Day 6: Cycle to Beaune and train to Chalon sur Saône (25km/15.5mi)
- Day 7: Visit wineries en route to Tournus (60km/37mi)
- Day 8: Transfer by train to Dijon, trip concludes
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Taste of Burgundy
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdayAug 18, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 15, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Dijon8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to DijonOnly 2 seats left$40USD $1,280Based on Twin Share
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Dijon.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 September 2018 the full payment of $1,280 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1280 for Taste of Burgundy, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 223 km.
- Dijon (France)
- 16 km
- Longecourt-en-Plaine (France)
- 18 km
- Auxonne (France)
- 14 km
- St Jean de Losne (France)
- 14 km
- Seurre (France)
- 23 km
- Beaune (France)
- 27 km
- Chalon sur Saone (France)
- 25 km
- Tournus (France)
- 85 km
- Dijon (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,280 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,717 tours in Europe
- covered by 242 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Taste of Burgundy via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Taste of Burgundy