Salzburg to Vienna Cycle
- Our saving
- US $ 1,142
- Michelle Burkholder's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent
I absolutely loved this tour. A great balance between hiking and climbing, amazing food, great wine, local specialties and activities, culture, history, (and more hiking!!) The airline lost my luggage, and Satva graciously handled all follow-up... Read more
- Ron Hankins's review about another UTracks tour4.5 - Excellent
We were not given a GPS as advrtised and had to rely on printed maps and directions which were confusing. I had to use my cell for map assistance at additional expense for me. The wrong maps were provided for the last 2 days and we had to have hotel staff... Read more
- Janice Tedstone's review about another UTracks tour4.5 - Excellent
This trip was very, very good. The bikes were of very good quality anf were weel-maintained. All the equipment provided was superior to what we've had on similar trips elsewhere. We did not rate the Accommodation as being overall excellent because the... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Salzburg
- Day 2: Cycle to Attersee via an old railroad track (60km/37mi)
- Day 3: Cycle the Weissenbachtal Valley to Traunsee, then by train or ship to Ebensee (55km/34mi)
- Day 4: Cycle to Lambach, by train to Linz (31km/19mi)
- Day 5: To Grein and Strudengau via the Monastery of Florian (60km/37mi)
- Day 6: Cycle through the Wachau valley visiting Melk (63km/39mi)
- Day 7: Pass through Krems to Tulln, by train to Vienna (65km/40.5mi)
- Day 8: Trip concludes
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How hilly is the terrain?
The terrain is not mountainous, but can be hilly at times as you cycle through the valleys. When you are along the lakefronts or along the danube the terrain is relatively flat, heading into villages and through the valleys it is a bit more undulating, but not overly steep.
What level of fitness is required?
The Salzburg to Vienna cycle is graded as moderate which is up to 65kms of cyclying per day at a steady pace and a good level of fitness is recommended.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Dennis31st October 2018
Salzburg to Vienna Cycle
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysSundayMay 5, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
- MondayApr 29, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysMondayMay 6, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
- TuesdayApr 30, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysTuesdayMay 7, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysWednesdayMay 8, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
- ThursdayMay 2, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysThursdayMay 9, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
- FridayMay 3, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysFridayMay 10, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
- MondayMay 6, 2019from Salzburg8 DaysMondayMay 13, 2019to ViennaOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,296Based on Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Salzburg is the starting point and Vienna is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 February 2019 the full payment of $1,142 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1142 for Salzburg to Vienna Cycle, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 37 km
- Lake Attersee (Austria)
- 19 km
- Ebensee (Austria)
- 32 km
- Lambach (Austria)
- 39 km
- Linz (Austria)
- 43 km
- Grein (Austria)
- 48 km
- Wachau (Austria)
- 20 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 28 km
- Krems an der Donau (Austria)
- 35 km
- Tulln (Austria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,142 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,734 tours in Europe
- covered by 301 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Salzburg to Vienna Cycle via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 23,692 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours