Mont Blanc Classic
- Our saving
- US $ 1,305
- Rather Poor
- SASaskiaWritten on September 18, 20184.5 - Excellentwe did the 8 days counter clockwise, self-guided tour. the information provided by tour radar / Renee has been excellent. transportation of the bags went smoothly. the day hikes have been fantastic, yet some days have been rather long (day 3 (33km) & 4) whereas day 5 and 6 have been really short. Accommodation could sometimes have been better (e.g. 1* Hotel Venezia in Courmayeur or Col de la Forclaz (12 person dormitory in the attic)); food was ok (day 4-6) to excellent (days 1-3)Show detailed ratingsUTracks commented on this reviewThanks Saskia for taking the time to provide a review of your Mont Blanc Walk - great to read that you enjoyed the walking.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Le Tour begin walk to Trient (6-7hrs, +700m, -900m)
- Day 2: Walk to Champex (5.5 or 6.5hrs, +900m, -650m or +1300m, -1000m)
- Day 3: Bus to Ferret and cross the Grand Col Ferret to Elena (4hrs, +830m)
- Day 4: To Courmayeur (5 to 6hrs, +800m, -1600m)
- Day 5: Walk to Les Chapieux (8-9hrs, +1800m,-1490m, or 6hrs walk/bus +950m, -1004m)
- Day 6: Cross the Col du Bonhomme (2329m) to the Contamines Valley (5hrs, +930, -1300m)
- Day 7: Walk to Les Houches (5 or 7hrs, +700m, -800m)
- Day 8: Walk to Chamonix by the South Balcony (5hrs or 6.5hrs, +1500m), trip concludes
- Mont Blanc
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I enjoy running for about 20-30 mins every few days and walk quite a bit (but nothing excessive). Am I physically suitable for this trip? What if I get too exhausted?
I think that this tour will be manageable for you as long as you are fit and determined. This is a hike with a lot of ups and downs. You can possibly get a ride with the luggage transfer company or local transportation from one cabin to another, if you need a rest day. This tour is self -guided so you do have more flexibility.
I enjoy running for about 20-30 mins every few days and walk quite a bit (but nothing excessive). Am I physically suitable for this trip?
This tour will be manageable for you as long as you are fit and determined :). This is a hike with a lot of ups and downs.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note will be given, which contains essential information about your trip - the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc. Please contact us for this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
Mont Blanc Classic
- Upcoming departures
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- TuesdayJun 18, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysTuesdayJun 25, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
- WednesdayJun 19, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysWednesdayJun 26, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
- ThursdayJun 20, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysThursdayJun 27, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
- FridayJun 21, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysFridayJun 28, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
- MondayJun 24, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysMondayJul 1, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
- TuesdayJun 25, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysTuesdayJul 2, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
- WednesdayJun 26, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysWednesdayJul 3, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
- ThursdayJun 27, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysThursdayJul 4, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
- FridayJun 28, 2019from Chamonix8 DaysFridayJul 5, 2019to Les HouchesOnly 2 seats left$54USD $1,305
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Chamonix is the starting point and Les Houches is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $1,305 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1305 for Mont Blanc Classic, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Chamonix (France)
- 17 km
- Trient (Switzerland)
- 9 km
- Champex (Switzerland)
- 11 km
- La Fouly (Switzerland)
- 9 km
- Col de Grand Ferret (Switzerland)
- 34 km
- Col de la Seigne (France)
- 5 km
- Contamines Natural Reserve (France)
- 12 km
- Les Houches (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,305 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Mont Blanc Classic via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mont Blanc Classic