Highlights of Holland by Barge
- Our saving
- US $ 1,142
- Age range
- 2 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- ENEWritten on November 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentI travelled solo on the guided cycling tour Highlights of Holland by Barge. I booked as twinshare to be paired up with a same sex traveller but ended up having the cabin to myself, as the barge was only half full for this week. The food was always plentiful and tasty, perfect to fuel and refuel for a day out & about cycling. The crew were friendly and the Category B+ barge was comfortable while cozy with ensuite cabins. The guide, Koen, cycled with us each day and had good local knowledge with always a story to share. The cycling was leisurely and peaceful through typical flat Dutch countryside on dedicated cycle paths or quiet roads via quaint towns and villages. Vehicles were always courteous to us so safety was never an issue. Keep an eye on those headwinds though as they can sure add a little more fun to the cycling! Rain is also a possibility in Holland, so best to be prepared with the right gear. The bikes were comfortable and well maintained, with the crew helping out for any adjustments. It was interesting sailing through locks and learning about the mechanisms. The evenings were well spent wandering around town with free time – and the opportunity to eat more well-deserved apple pie! Thanks UTracks for a great week in Holland.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Amsterdam, short cycle along Amstel River (20km / 12.5mi)
- Day 2: Cycle through lake areas to Leiden, the birth place of Rembrandt (55km / 34mi)
- Day 3: Cycle past the seaside and dunes to Zandvoort ending at Haarlem (50km / 31mi)
- Day 4: Cross North Sea canal by ferry, cycle to cheese town Alkmaar (50km / 31mi)
- Day 5: Cycle to unique wood and dune area, or optional rest day (55km / 34mi)
- Day 6: Cycle past windmills of Schermerhorn to Hoorn and Purmerend (45km / 28mi)
- Day 7: Cycle along IJssel Lake en route to Amsterdam (50km / 31mi)
- Day 8: Trip concludes Amsterdam
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
How much cycling is there per day?
Below you will find a summary of the ride distances:
Day 1 Arrive Amsterdam, short cycle along Amstel River (20km)
Day 2 Cycle through lake areas to Leiden (55km)
Day 3 Cycle past Zandvoort ending at Haarlem (50km )
Day 4 Cross North Sea canal by ferry, cycle to Alkmaar (50km)
Day 5 Cycle or optional rest day (55km)
Day 6 Cycle past windmills to Hoorn and Purmerend (45km)
Day 7 Cycle along IJssel Lake en route to Amsterdam (50km)
Day 8 Trip concludes Amsterdam
- March 1, 2016
Can we bike half the daily recommended km (20 km a day instead of 40 km). Or do we have to decide in the morning that we will bike the whole day, the full 40 km?
If you decide not to cycle the distance laid out for the day, you can hop in a cab (with bikes) and transport yourself to the meeting point with the barge, the cost for this will be your own. Another alternative would be to consider an e-bike, get the 40 Km done quicker.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
Highlights of Holland by Barge
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Amsterdam8 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Amsterdam6 seats left$48USD $1,142Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Amsterdam8 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to Amsterdam6 seats left$48USD $1,142Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Amsterdam8 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Amsterdam6 seats left$48USD $1,142Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Amsterdam8 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to Amsterdam6 seats left$48USD $1,142Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Amsterdam8 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to Amsterdam6 seats left$48USD $1,142Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Amsterdam8 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Amsterdam0 seats left$48USD $1,142Based on Twin ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Amsterdam.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 August 2018 the full payment of $1,142 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1142 for Highlights of Holland by Barge, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 36 km
- Leiden (Netherlands)
- 24 km
- Zandvoort (Netherlands)
- 7 km
- Haarlem (Netherlands)
- 29 km
- Alkmaar (Netherlands)
- 10 km
- Schermerhorn (Netherlands)
- 12 km
- Hoorn (Netherlands)
- 32 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,142 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,653 tours in Europe
- covered by 225 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Highlights of Holland by Barge via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Holland by Barge