Danube Explorer to Budapest
ends on 22 Jul 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,242
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
Start and end in Passau! With the self-guided tour Danube Explorer to Budapest, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Passau, Germany and 8 other destinations in Europe. Danube Explorer to Budapest is a small group tour that includes more.
- Age range
- 2 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Bicycle, Ship, Plane
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- ENEWritten on November 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentI booked a single cabin on the self guided Danube Explorer to Budapest in & out of Passau (Germany). It was my second experience self guided so I’d had a bit of practice, but this was different because there were a group of like minded travellers on board all cycling the same route and socialising in our free time. Evening meals were assigned seating so it meant I got familiar with my table of companions, and also had the opportunity to meet other passengers if I wanted to. I was free to choose because each cabin was provided with a roadbook and maps, which along with the detailed daily briefings from the tour leader meant we could go on our merry way with confidence. The boat was comfortable with all the amenities we needed, including ensuite cabin with some storage, and many common areas to relax in – the bar, restaurant for meals, sundeck both shaded and open – take your pick! Bikes were great quality and comfortable, suited to the mostly flat cycling with only some city traffic on unavoidable busier roads and the occasional hill in & out of towns or view points. There was also plenty of time for sightseeing in the major cities, the highlight being Budapest – we were docked directly across from Parliament House! Crew were all professional and also approachable, and food was hearty and tasty. A great week with a well balanced mix of activity and relaxation. Thanks UTracks for a great week cycling and cruising on the Danube river.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Passau, cruise to Engelhartszell
- Day 2: Cycle from Engelhartszell through the 'Great Loop' and on to Aschach (42km/26mi)
- Day 3: Cycle to Bratislava (43km/26.5mi)
- Day 4: Arrive Budapest by boat, round trip to Szentendre (54km/33.5mi) or free time
- Day 5: Cycle through the Hungarian countryside (43km/26.5mi), by boat to Vienna
- Day 6: At leisure in Vienna, optional 3 hour cycle tour of city
- Day 7: Cycle through the Wachau Valley to Melk (37km/23mi)
- Day 8: Morning cruise through the Danube valley, disembark Passau, trip concludes
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna13th June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Danube Explorer to Budapest
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$44USD $1,426
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$44USD $1,426
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,368
- SundayAug 12, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,368
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,368
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,368
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$44USD $1,426
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$44USD $1,426
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$44USD $1,426
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Passau8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to PassauOnly 2 seats left$44USD $1,426
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroGermany , Austria and Slovakia
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Slovakia and Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Slovakia and Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Passau.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 September 2018 the full payment of $1,242 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1242 for Danube Explorer to Budapest, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 904 km.
- Passau (Germany)
- 23 km
- Engelhartszell (Austria)
- 241 km
- Hainburg (Austria)
- 12 km
- Bratislava (Slovakia)
- 161 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 20 km
- Szentendre (Hungary)
- 210 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 70 km
- Wachau (Austria)
- 20 km
- Melk (Austria)
- 147 km
- Passau (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,242 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,717 tours in Europe
- covered by 242 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Danube Explorer to Budapest via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Danube Explorer to Budapest