Backroads to Venice
Beyond the Horizon Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 16:27:53
- Our saving
- US $ 989
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Bolzano and end in Mestre! With the self-guided tour Backroads to Venice, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Bolzano, Italy and 6 other destinations in Italy. Backroads to Venice includes more.
- Age range
- 2 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Bicycle, Ship, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- ENEWritten on November 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe Backroads to Venice is self guided and I travelled on my own, but because it has set departures it meant that I had others travelling on the same date who I bumped into during the daily cycles. I first arrived into Bolzano by train (own expense) and WOW - not only the approach but the first view of this town at the base of the Dolomites is impressive! I loved this itinerary cycling from the north of Italy down to & across Lake Garda then east into Mestre (Venice) for a spectacular finish. The paths are very well marked, so together with the provided roadbook I never got lost – and always had something of interest to see or learn thanks to the handy info booklet provided. A very well organised tour with smooth daily luggage transfers, good quality bikes & helmets, and friendly hotel staff who all spoke good English. The 2 & 3 star hotels I stayed in were all good, the one in Bolzano was a highlight for its beautiful architecture and easy walk to the main square. Some hotels were a little walk out of town centres, which suited me for the quiet locations. I liked that only breakfasts are included which left me free to sample the many lunch and dinner options available locally, including the gelato :) I wasn’t too challenged by the mostly flat terrain mixed with some easy hills, there was really only one strenuous part in the Berici Hills. I was mostly following paved cycle paths or low traffic roads, there were some lovely stretches alongside rivers. Most days also had the option to shorten or skip by train, which I tested when I caught a cold! I was also lucky to visit local markets in Bolzano, Desenzano and Vicenza. A jam-packed itinerary that left me wanting more – thanks UTracks!Show detailed ratings
- PhilWritten on September 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentRiding bikes through Italy is always going to be great, yet this trip exceeded our expectations. The scenery changed daily and provided hotels comfortable. The bikes were well maintained and perfect for touring. The luggage transfers worked perfectly and had always arrived before we had. The navigation was tricky at times yet mostly very good. It helped to have a couple of people keep an eye on things and not just rely on one person. Self guided travel is one of my favourite ways to see a place.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Bolzano
- Day 2: Cycle to Trento (Trient) along the Adige (65 or 70km/40 or 43.5mi)
- Day 3: Cycle and boat to Lake Garda South (50km/31mi)
- Day 4: Cycle to historical Verona (35 or 60km/21.5 or 37mi)
- Day 5: Cycle to Vicenza via Monti Berici (40 or 75km/25 or 46.5mi)
- Day 6: Cycle past Palladian villas to Padova (45km/28mi)
- Day 7: Cycle along the Brenta Canal to Mestre (40km/25mi)
- Day 8: Trip concludes
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jefferey24th January 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Backroads to Venice
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$41USD $989Based on Twin Share
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysSundayMay 6, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$41USD $989Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$41USD $989Based on Twin Share
- SundayMay 6, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysSundayMay 13, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$41USD $989Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$41USD $989Based on Twin Share
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysSundayMay 20, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$41USD $989Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysTuesdayMay 22, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$41USD $989Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayMay 16, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysWednesdayMay 23, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$41USD $989Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$48USD $1,162Based on Twin Share
- SundayMay 20, 2018from Bolzano8 DaysSundayMay 27, 2018to MestreOnly 2 seats left$48USD $1,162Based on Twin Share
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Bolzano is the starting point and Mestre is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 June 2018 the full payment of $989 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $989 for Backroads to Venice, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 255 km.
- Bolzano (Italy)
- 50 km
- Trento (Italy)
- 67 km
- Lake Garda (Italy)
- 33 km
- Verona (Italy)
- 44 km
- Vicenza (Italy)
- 31 km
- Padova (Italy)
- 30 km
- Mestre (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $989 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,733 tours in Europe
- covered by 202 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Backroads to Venice via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Backroads to Venice