Walking in Bavaria
- Our saving
- US $ 1,348
- Michelle Burkholder's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent
I absolutely loved this tour. A great balance between hiking and climbing, amazing food, great wine, local specialties and activities, culture, history, (and more hiking!!) The airline lost my luggage, and Satva graciously handled all follow-up... Read more
- E Nikol's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent
I booked a single cabin on the self guided Danube Explorer to Budapest in & out of Passau (Germany). It was my second experience self guided so I’d had a bit of practice, but this was different because there were a group of like minded travellers on board... Read more
- Sue Boudakian's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent
Have just finished an amazing seven-day UTracks Bike & Boat journey along the Danube with my partner (aka the 'Reluctant Cyclist'). The self-guided option was perfect (and the e-bikes were awesome) allowing us to set our own pace each day, with plenty of... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Join Berchtesgaden/Schönau
- Day 2: Walk in Berchtesgaden National Park to Seisenberg Gorge and Weißbach (5.5hrs, 18.5km/11.5mi)
- Day 3: Traverse alpine pastures and descend to village of Dienten or Hintermoos (5 hrs, 12.5km/7.8mi)
- Day 4: To mountain Hotel Mühlbach (5-6hrs, 18.5km/11.5mi)
- Day 5: Rest Day
- Day 6: Walk to Salzach Valley, visit "Hohenwerfen", train to Golling (4.5hrs, 13.5km/7.8mi)
- Day 7: Ascend alpine pastures to Obersalzberg, bus to Berchtesgaden (6.5hrs, 15km/9.3mi)
- Day 8: Trip Concludes
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the difficulty level (terrain) of your hikes?
We grade this walk a 3 out of a possible 5 - moderate. The kms walked each day range 12.5km - 18.5km. It is a hilly, alpine environment with ascents up to 1300m & descents of up to 950m. Walking in alps will always provide a mix of terrain underfoot including grassy or rocky and dependent on the time of year some snow is possible. As with any outdoor activity you will need to be ready for all types of weather and we do provide a suggested packing list upon booking
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Karina13th October 2018
Walking in Bavaria
- Upcoming departures
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- FridayJun 7, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysFridayJun 14, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysSundayJun 16, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
- FridayJun 14, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysFridayJun 21, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
- FridayJun 21, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysFridayJun 28, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysSundayJun 30, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
- FridayJun 28, 2019from Berchtesgaden8 DaysFridayJul 5, 2019to Lake KonigseeOnly 2 seats left$42USD $1,348Based on Twin
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Austria. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Berchtesgaden is the starting point and Lake Konigsee is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 February 2019 the full payment of $1,348 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1348 for Walking in Bavaria, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Berchtesgaden (Germany)
- 23 km
- Weißbach bei Lofer (Austria)
- 33 km
- Golling (Austria)
- 15 km
- Lake Konigsee (Austria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,348 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,106 tours in Europe
- covered by 311 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Walking in Bavaria via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 23,733 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours