- Our saving
- US $ 4,135
- Experience camping through Europe
- Take a selfie beside the Eiffel Tower
- Enjoy the latin party vibes of Barcelona
- Explore the wonders of Athens
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- AAnkuikWritten on August 13, 20163.0 - Averagefg d h fghggggggggggggggggggggj hjfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgShow detailed ratings
- DCDanWritten on May 13, 20164.0 - GoodA very good tripShow detailed ratings
- PZPettraWritten on May 11, 20165.0 - ExcellentEllie was very amazing. Polite and just fun all round. I got sick on my tour she even came to a little dr on the trip with me. She knew alot about all the places we went too and joined in on all activities.Show detailed ratings
- RRebeccaWritten on November 24, 20154.0 - GoodI had the best time!! Camping is definately the way to go. You meet friends for life!! And the experience is incredibleShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on February 28, 2008Camping Europe 45 Days! So I admit I had never even put up a tent before let alone camped and I was a bit nervous about the 45 days ahead of me. However,this trip ended up being one of the highlights of my travels to date. The staff were wonderful and helpful ( such as breaking into tents that a certain novice had managed to lock herself out of, lol). The food was amazing too. I can't believe that you would be able to have such a great feed in any hotel for the price we paid. The camping allowed everyone on the tour to get to know each other so much better and we had great fun thinking of ways and games to entertain ourselves. The destinations were great and I never felt too rushed, which is saying something when you cram 17 countries into 45 days. We were able to immerce ourselves into so many different cultures and the optional exra tours had someting to suit most tastes. I would reccommend this tour to most people, even if you do have the money to splash out on hotels. Sometimes you are going to have to pack up in the rain or go without blow drying your hair, but the friends that you make and the amazing things you get to experience are well worth it.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 1 - 3: Paris
- Day 4: Paris to Beaujolais Wine Region
- Day 5: Beaujolais Wine Region to Barcelona
- Day 6: Barcelona
- Day 7: Barcelona to The Riviera
- Day 8: The Riviera
- Day 9: The Riviera to Venice
- Day 10: Venice
- Day 11: Venice to Florence
- Day 12: Florence
- Day 13: Florence to Rome
- Day 14: Rome
- Day 15: Rome to Sorrento
- Day 16: Sorrento to Corfu
- Day 16 - 19: Corfu
- Day 20: Corfu to Athens
- Day 21: Athens
- Day 22: Athens to Kavala
- Day 23: Kavala to Gallipoli
- Day 24: Gallipoli to Istanbul
- Day 25: Istanbul
- Day 26: Istanbul to Sofia
- Day 27: Sofia to Struga
- Day 28: Struga to Tirana
- Day 29: Tirana to Dubrovnik
- Day 29 - 31: Dubrovnik
- Day 32: Dubrovnik to Seline
- Day 33: Seline to Budapest
- Day 34: Budapest
- Day 35: Budapest to Vienna
- Day 36: Vienna
- Day 37: Vienna to Prague
- Day 38: Prague
- Day 39: Prague to Munich
- Day 40: Munich
- Day 41: Munich to Swiss Alps
- Day 42: Swiss Alps
- Day 43: Swiss Alps to Heidelberg
- Day 44: Heidelberg to Amsterdam
- Day 45: Amsterdam
- Day 46: Depart Amsterdam
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Freestyle Camping: sleep under the stars with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Would I need to purchase the single supplement if i wanted my own tent for the camping portion but was happy to share for the hotel portions?
Yes the single supplement upgrade for this trip is to have your own tent. Otherwise, if you don't mind sharing, you'd be automatically paired with another same sex, solo traveller.
- June 20, 2016
Will I be sleeping in tents on this trip?
Yes you will be sleeping in tents on this trip with Contiki.
You can either share with someone else on the trip of the same gender, unless you are in a relationship, or you can have a tent on your own.
Please note that you will be responsible for setting up your own tent and helping with setting up the kitchen tent where all of your included breakfasts and some of your included dinners will be made.
- April 23, 2015
What does the food fund cover?
The food fund covers the included meals listed in the what's included section. On these tours you will have food prepared by on-site chefs or your onboard cook. Some meals may also be at local restaurants.
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "Grew up on a banana farm in Tropical North QLD, Australia. Now I'm blessed at being a part of travellers..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tom, 72 years old20th April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- TuesdayApr 24, 2018from LondonFridayJun 8, 2018in LondonOur saving$103PriceUSD $4,135+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 8, 2018from LondonFridayJun 22, 2018in LondonOur saving$107PriceUSD $4,285+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 22, 2018from LondonFridayJul 6, 2018in LondonOur saving$110PriceUSD $4,389+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from LondonFridayJul 20, 2018in LondonOur saving$110PriceUSD $4,389+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room0 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from LondonFridayJul 27, 2018in LondonOur saving$110PriceUSD $4,389+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from LondonFridayAug 10, 2018in LondonOur saving$116PriceUSD $4,645+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJul 3, 2018from LondonFridayAug 17, 2018in LondonOur saving$116PriceUSD $4,645+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJul 10, 2018from LondonFridayAug 24, 2018in LondonOur saving$116PriceUSD $4,645+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room
- TuesdayJul 24, 2018from LondonFridaySep 7, 2018in LondonOur saving$116PriceUSD $4,645+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room10+ spaces left
- SundayAug 5, 2018from LondonWednesdaySep 19, 2018in LondonOur saving$116PriceUSD $4,645+ $800 Food FundBased on Twin Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Italy , Greece , Austria , Germany and Netherlands
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain, Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Croatia, Hungary and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Hungary and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Turkey and Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania, Croatia, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 December 2017 the full payment of $4,135 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4135 for The Original, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 392 km
- Lyon (France)
- 532 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 490 km
- Nice (France)
- 445 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 203 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 212 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 856 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,135 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,237 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,118 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Original