Highland Railways & Hills
- Our saving
- US $ 1,351
- Walk through the Scottish Highlands
- Transport by rail, ferries & feet
- Evening meals in local inns
- Enjoy the seafood on Isle of Skye
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- GMGlendaWritten on June 27, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe tour leaders were excellent in their knowledge and provided great support for alternative travel due to Scotrail strikes. Food and accommodation high standard. Walks were challenging for me but managed by guides. High standard.Show detailed ratingsWalkabout Scotland commented on this reviewThanks Glenda! It was great having you along. Cheers J
- AAnonymousWritten on September 7, 20125.0 - ExcellentThank you for your great oversight, planning, and leadership for our Walkabout week in July. It proved to be everything we had hoped for and much more. That week of hiking helped me be in better shape for the hikes we later took in Glacier, the longest being a 13-miler. The hardest thing about that one was a 0.6 mile ascent which came about 7 miles into the hike. It was by far the steepest incline I've ever done. We were going up to the Grinnell Glacier overlook which is a side trail off of the High Line Trail (which follows the Continental Divide). The view from the top extended for about 100 miles we were told, and the day that we made the climb was said to be "one in a million" for the clear, cloudless sky. The photos don't really do it justice, but they do help us recall all that we saw. Reminded us somewhat of the incredible view from atop Ben la Nap. All the best! --Jennie
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Sunday
- Day 2 Monday
- Day 3 Tuesday
- Day 4 Wednesday
- Day 5 Thursday
- Day 6 Friday
- Day 7 Saturday
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
How many miles will be covered for the hiking?
Please note that the distances of the hikes on this trip are listed on each day of the itinerary and do vary.
The hikes chosen will also depend on the group's ability and fitness levels.
Below you will see the average distances for each day.
Day 1- 5 or 6 mile trail.
Day 2- 8 mile and 300 ft acsent
Day 3- Coastal Walk (weather permitting)
Day 4- 6 mile 300 ft acsent
Day 5 - Activities
Day 6- 6 mile 1500 ft acsent
Day 7-End of the trip
The trails will vary and some will be round trip will others will be one way.
- May 1, 2016
Do you offer a Spanish translation guide on this tour?
Not really but someone in who can speak Spanish - either as guide or guide assistant can be hired.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tania, 37 years old16th September 2017
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Walkabout Scotland booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 December 2017 the full payment of $1,351 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1351 for Highland Railways & Hills, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Walkabout Scotland will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Walkabout Scotland tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 143 km
- Aviemore (Scotland)
- 55 km
- Pitlochry (Scotland)
- 52 km
- Cairngorm Mountains (Scotland)
- 137 km
- Kyle of Lochalsh (Scotland)
- 13 km
- Broadford (Scotland)
- 38 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 38 km
- Broadford (Scotland)
- 20 km
- Armadale (Scotland)
- 55 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,351 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,421 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Highland Railways & Hills via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 28,116 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highland Railways & Hills