Western Lochs and Highlands
- Our saving
- US $ 1,281
- Take in the beauty of Loch Lomond
- Walk along the West Highland Way
- Conquer Ben Nevis
- Discover the Hidden Glen of Glencoe
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- JJoWritten on July 9, 20144.5 - ExcellentI did the Western Lochs & Highlands Tour at the end of June and what an amazing week it turned out to be! We were a small and fantastic group of seven plus our very experienced guide Jon. We set off early Sunday morning from Edinburgh and spent the first three nights in a lovely hotel in Drymen from where we did three hikes (Ben A’an, Ben Lochmond and the Cobbler). Although one day was a bit overcast and rainy the hikes were a blast with some incredible scenery. After walking a part of the West Highland Road we spent the next three nights in a quaint hotel in Glencoe (directly over the pub). The next day was the ascent of Ben Nevis which was quite a challenging hike but worth every single minute! The week ended far too quickly with a short hike to the hidden Glen of Glencoe. Choosing Walkabout Scotland is for sure one of the best decisions I’ve (ever) made! The trip was well planned and organized, accommodation was very good and our tour guide looked after us, told tons of stories about the local history and at all times made sure the whole experience was safe. I can definitely recommend Walkabout Scotland to anyone in search for a great experience.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 (Sunday): Trossachs
- Day 2 (Monday): Ascent of Ben Lomond "I'll take the High Road .."
- Day 3 (Tuesday): Ascent of the Cobbler
- Day 4 (Wednesday): West Highland Way
- Day 5: Ben Nevis
- Day 6 (Friday): Hidden Glen of Glencoe
- Day 7: Return to Edinburgh
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
What age is considered to be acceptable for this hike? I am 69, but also healthy and fit.
The tour operator has an open age policy, so anyone that is fit to join, can join their tours.
- September 1, 2016
Are there any surcharges for single travellers?
There are no additional surcharges for single travellers, but should you wish to request your own room while on the tour this would incur an additional fee.
- April 1, 2016
If I book end August-early Sept, will I see heather, muirs and glens?
If you book any of our tours end of August - early September you will get to see the heather in bloom - usually about a 3 week period when it is at its most purple.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Walkabout Scotland booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 December 2017 the full payment of $1,281 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1281 for Western Lochs and Highlands, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Walkabout Scotland will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Walkabout Scotland tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 89 km
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park (Scotland)
- 72 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- 146 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,281 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,421 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Western Lochs and Highlands via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 28,116 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Western Lochs and Highlands