Isle of Skye Discovery
- Our saving
- US $ 1,272
- Take a coastal walk through villages
- Learn about Scotland's rich history
- Go on a boat ride to Loch Coruisk
- Explore the rugged Cuillin mountains
- Age range
- 16 to 100 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse, Apartment, Cottage
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle, Mini-coach
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- CeciWritten on September 3, 20184.0 - Goodso it was announced the trip to be for younge people, but it wasn't ; out group was mainly elder people and I mean I don't really care about it but what I need to point the fact that the group was too big for just one guide, we as group had different skills ,James really tried his best , but in order to please both parts (the more skill and the ones that go to their own rhythm) I would have put at least two guides.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 23, 20185.0 - ExcellentI enjoyed every single aspect of this tour! Of course, it helped that we had the best of luck with the weather but independently of that, the walks took us to the most amazing places with breathtaking sceneries and our guide, James, was very professional, thoughtful and friendly and did his best to give us a memorable experience. And it worked! I'd recommend this tour to anyone who likes discovering natural landscapes while moving and taking in the fresh and reviving air of Scotland. In fact, I'm quite tempted to go back ;-) In terms of accommodation, I especially liked the B&B we stayed at the first two nights (at Dorothy's). Thank you Walkabout Scotland for designing these great tours! And thank you James for making this holiday such a happy and unforgettable adventure!Show detailed ratings
- AmyWritten on April 28, 20145.0 - ExcellentWow! I was nervous having to spend a week with people I didn't know. But it turned out to be one of the best weeks of my life. We were a small group and we became a family by the end of huge week. The hikes were challenging, but great exercise and confidence building. If you get Andy and/or Eric as your guide, you are literally the luckiest people on the planet! They will look after you and make it fun. Seriously enjoyed my week and wished it to never end. Skye is so beautiful that I definitely want to come back. There are animals and beautiful landscapes and you learn about the history of Skye and the geological history about the glaciers and lava and how it is forever changing. You should definitely do this... It will change you... Yearning for the freedom and beauty nature has to offer.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 (Sunday): Travel to Skye
- Day 2 (Monday): Boreraig and Suisnish.
- Day 3 (Tuesday): Boat trip from Elgol to Loch Coruisk and walk to Camasunary Bay
- Day 4 (Wednesday): Coire Lagan
- Day 5 (Thursday): The Quirang and Meall na Suiramach
- Day 6 (Friday): Macleod’s Maidens
- Day 7 (Saturday): Return to Edinburgh
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends on Day 7, upon your return to Edinburgh. Return time is approx 2 - 3 pm.
When and where does this tour start?
This tour will depart from the Edinburgh designated meeting point at 9 am, the details of which can be found in your final trip documents.
What is the age range?
The age range for this tour is 16 and above, therefore under 16's will be unable to participate. There are no strict upper age limits so as long as you're fit enough to participate in the itinerary you're welcome to join this tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
Isle of Skye Discovery
- SundayApr 21, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$141$1,413-10%USD $1,272
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$141$1,413-10%USD $1,272
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$141$1,413-10%USD $1,272
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$141$1,413-10%USD $1,272
- SundayJul 28, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$141$1,413-10%USD $1,272
- SundayAug 25, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdayAug 31, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$141$1,413-10%USD $1,272
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Edinburgh7 DaysSaturdaySep 7, 2019to Edinburgh4 seats left$141$1,413-10%USD $1,272
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Walkabout Scotland booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 November 2018 the full payment of $1,272 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1272 for Isle of Skye Discovery, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Walkabout Scotland will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Walkabout Scotland tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 255 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 44 km
- Elgol (Scotland)
- 8 km
- Loch Coruisk (Scotland)
- 230 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,272 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Isle of Skye Discovery via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Isle of Skye Discovery