Stray - Ron Pass (South Island)
- US $ 613
- +15 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Free fishing gear, mountain bike to enjoy Picton
- Try wine tasting in Marlborough vineyard area
- Check out the party scene in Queensland
- Stunning coastal national park with golden sand
- Rather Poor
- KKrystiJaimsWritten on July 11, 20185.0 - Excellent
I had the best time travelling with Stray! I spent 3 weeks in the South Island on the Ron Pass and I loved every single day and place we went to. I did so many fun activities that I never thought I would do and the places we went to were breathtaking! I... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia Ora Krysti! Great to hear that you had so much fun travelling with us - sounds like you ticked a ton of amazing activities off the bucket list! Can't wait to have you on board with us in Asia and Australia one day :)
- SGSkylerWritten on May 5, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Stray overall was pretty good. The busses could have been better considering you have some long days on them. The drivers are good and usually know what they are talking about. Do your research about the hostels they stay at, some are good but others like... Read more
- JJacquelineWritten on January 30, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Everything was great. I had such a great time at the South Island.
- FLFrancescaWritten on January 7, 20173.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I really enjoyed my travelling around NZ. Stray is easy to handle and I liked the hop on-hop off system. The buses weren't that nice and WIFI wasn't available at all. Most of the accomodation were really really nice and comfortable. All in all a great... Read more
- NYNaihouWritten on December 26, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
more communication and planing with stray may bring more good experience in your journey.
- RPRobWritten on December 15, 20162.5 - Average
Compared to my experience with G-Adventures, I found my experience with Stray terrible. Our tour leader (Skins) would on occasion cook us meals but would not cook us the vegetarians on the tour a replacement meal and instead had to cook our own food. We... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHi Rob, I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your Stray experience. I will show your feedback to our Operations Manager. We would really appreciate it if you could give us more details about how we could have done better - please email email@example.com. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
- MMMariaWritten on November 29, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I cannot recommend Stray Travel enough. We were in Kaikoura when the earthquake occurred on 14/11/2016. Pickles our amazing driver kept us informed everyday on what was happening and Stray flew us out of on a chartered plane to Christchurch within 24... Read more
- KSKloeWritten on July 26, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
So much fun, fab drivers with special mention to Postie and his AMAZING bargain group meals - best way to bond with the rest of the bus! Accomodation mostly good too!
- KandraWritten on March 2, 20164.5 - Excellent
I am so glad a friend told me to check out Stray. I was researching Kiwi Experience as it was the most obvious before she suggested Stray. Stray bus gave me the New Zealand experience I wanted. I wanted to be outside, hit the highlights and be off the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewWe're stoked to hear Stray gave you the holiday experience you were after! We know the online system can be challenging and we are working on making it more user-friendly. Thanks for your review!
- FaithWritten on January 18, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We went on this trip as a couple and both really enjoyed the experience. We had four drivers, Flipper, Possum, Maverick and Moose. All were good but we enjoyed our time with Moose by far the most, he always got us involved on the bus and organised social... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Christchurch to Kaikoura
- Kaikoura to Picton
- Picton to Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman) to Franz Josef
- Free Day in Franz Josef
- Franz Josef (via Fox Glacier) to Wanaka
- Wanaka to Queenstown
- Free Day in Queenstown
- Queenstown (via Milford Sound) to Gunn's Camp
- Gunn's Camp to Invercargill/Stewart Island
- Invercargill/Stewart Island to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Mt Cook (via Tekapo) to Rangitata
- Rangitata to Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age limit for this tour?
This particular tour is suitable for anyone from 18-70 years old.
What is a hop-on,hop-off tour?
This tour is "hop-on hop-off" bus network. What does this mean? You choose a bus pass, then make your way around its travel route in the time that suits you. "Hop" off the bus anywhere at anytime, to stay longer, visit friends or even work for a while. Then "hop" back on again. It is that easy! The buses run regularly (check the timetable) and all passes are valid for 12 months from your first day of travel.
If you are short on time, you don't have to ever "hop off" - you can also use your Stray bus pass like a tour and complete the itinerary in its "Minimum Days". With this you will still enjoy outstanding locations and unique attractions around New Zealand, and we have included some non-travel days to break up your journey and allow your driver-guide to rest.
Stray is NOT an A to B bus service! We make stops along the way to show you amazing things, like a beautiful waterfall, short scenic walk, local food tasting or breathtaking views.
Is the accommodation included in the tour price?
The Ron Pass does not include accommodation, activities or boat tickets - you have the flexibility to choose what suits your budget and pay-as-you-go.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Diana14th November 2018
Stray - Ron Pass (South Island)
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Christchurch15 DaysSaturdayJan 5, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $613
- TuesdayDec 25, 2018from Christchurch15 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $613
- ThursdayDec 27, 2018from Christchurch15 DaysThursdayJan 10, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $613
- FridayDec 28, 2018from Christchurch15 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $613
- SaturdayDec 29, 2018from Christchurch15 DaysSaturdayJan 12, 2019to Christchurch4 seats leftUSD $613
- TuesdayJan 1, 2019from Christchurch15 DaysTuesdayJan 15, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $613
- ThursdayJan 3, 2019from Christchurch15 DaysThursdayJan 17, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $613
- FridayJan 4, 2019from Christchurch15 DaysFridayJan 18, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $613
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Christchurch15 DaysSaturdayJan 19, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $613
- TuesdayJan 8, 2019from Christchurch15 DaysTuesdayJan 22, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $613
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 January 2019 the full payment of $613 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $613 for Stray - Ron Pass (South Island), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 355 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 18 km
- Fox Glacier (New Zealand)
- 154 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 71 km
- Milford Sound (New Zealand)
- 21 km
- Hollyford Valley (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $613 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,284 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 81 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray - Ron Pass (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray - Ron Pass (South Island)