Croatia: Islands & Mountains
- Our saving
- US $ 1,349
- Rather Poor
- DonWritten on September 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentOur Hiking trip along the Dalmatian coast was probably one of the nicest trips I have done in my lifetime (definitely in the top 4). Ivan, our tour guide, was knowledgeable, helpful and admirably used his great sense of humor in dealing with the swath of personalities that comprised our group. The local restaurants he recommended were outstanding. Although, it’s not possible to see all that Croatia has to offer, our hiking tour gave us a great opportunity to see a good portion of the coastal region. The only area that could be improved is the itinerary involving the Krka National Park. The waterfalls are beautiful, but the crush of humanity made the experience less than pleasurable.Show detailed ratings
- JohnWritten on October 29, 20144.0 - GoodOur guide was very caring and knowledgeable. He provided a snapshot of the history of Croatia and he gave us clear information on the next day's events and what to expect. Some of the hiking was more difficult than we expected for Level 3 moderate. Transport and accommodation were very good and better than expected. The group gelled well together and we had some excellent meals as a group in the evenings. We saw quite a lot of the beautiful countryside and the people we had contact with were very helpful and friendly. The week passed very quickly. Due to the physical nature of the trip we would recommend it to active people only. We are 70 and 75, so many of our friends would be unable to participate.Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on September 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentAnother excellent walking holiday with Exodus, with a friendly group in lovely surroundings. The leader Zeljko was an inspiring and enthusiastic guide, and the holiday exceeded my expectations. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Can't decide between walking the walls of Dubrovnik or exploring Diocletian's Palace at Split - but the waterfalls at Krka were pretty good too.What did you think of your group leader?A great friend as well as being thoroughly professional in everything he did.Â He enabled the group to come together and enjoy ourselves, even with those early starts!Â A real champion for Croatia.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?The walking is correctly graded as Moderate, since the actual distances are not that great.Â The climbs are on rougher ground than I was expecting, however, but I'm 70 and IÂ managed them all without holding the party back in any way.The final ascent of Bojin Kuk on the last day is NOT Moderate and should be offered only as an option in the Trip NotesÂ -Â as Zeljko very sensibly did.Â 5 of us out of 12, including me, elected to let the others go on at this point.
- AnonymousWritten on July 7, 20134.0 - GoodA fantastic trip with stunning scenery, amazing walks, and beautiful towns. Quite full on with the walking times not leaving loads of time to relax, but fabulous nonetheless. A really noce country.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The first mountain top with amazing views after a hot walk up (it was unusally hot even for June). The waterfalls at Krak NP. The beatiful ilsand of Brac. Dubrovnik and Split were lovely with a really noce ambience.What did you think of your group leader?He couldn't do enough to help, went out of his way to take on board any questions or comments and help everyone, and was fantastic at developing a pace and rhythm of walking and breaks which suited everyone and made sure we could all complete the walks enjoyably.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Maybe we were a slower thas usual group and maybe the very hot weather was a factor in that, but we had very little timw left for the promised relaxation. The walks are fantastic, but not strolls on open countryside - they are proper mountain walks as the title and trip note walk details suggest!Is there anything else you would like to add?A great trip.
- AnonymousWritten on July 3, 20134.0 - Goodbeautiful place,lovely people.hard walking- brochure states anyone with a reasonable level of fitness can do these walks.i thought that was me,but found it incredibly hard going up mountains every day-(and even more so descending!!)- had to have a day to chill.krka national park and waterfalls beautiful although very busyWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?views from the top of mountains for miles and miles.What did you think of your group leader?lovely informative guy.bit forgetful- we kept having to go back for things he had left!- but that added to his character.left his sandwiches and water on a wall one morning and we collected them in the evening on the way back!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?think of the walks as hard not moderate before deciding.Is there anything else you would like to add?you will enjoy the places, people and lovely food- had 1kg John Dory one night- only previously seen it on masterchef! have a day off and enjoy your surroundings rather than keep climbing mountains- then you will appreciate it when you do.
- AnonymousWritten on September 12, 20124.0 - GoodExcellent organisation, leader, food and companyWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?A real live brown bear crossing our path (while in a mini-bus !)What did you think of your group leader?First class - full of knowledgeDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Moderate it may be for time and distance but the walking is hard on the feet.Is there anything else you would like to add?Take a bath plug
- AnonymousWritten on June 13, 20123.0 - AverageI found the footpath's in Krk very stoney and rockey which was hard going for me to keep up with the younger members in the group; the cumulative effect of this was on the last day when the lip of my walking boot was making my ankle hurt and I decided not to do the walk; despite this and a previous tummy upset I enjoyed the holiday.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The stay in Trogir was inspiring..What did you think of your group leader?Edu is a good and reliableÂ leader with a sound knowledge of plant/flowers and wildlife in Croatia.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?None except the overnight stay in the mountain hut where, if the temperature drops, be prepared to go without a change of clothing for twenty four hours or so.
- AnonymousWritten on January 19, 20123.0 - AverageThe trip was a fairly relaxed yet thorough exploration of Croatian mountains along with a visit to its coastline. Its a well balanced trip that won't leave you needing extra sleep but will still let you get in some good walks and great scenery. We had two elderly people with us who were able to enjoy the more casual routes when the group decided to go for more vast inclinesWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Camping overnight in the Velabit National Park. It was in the heart of the Croatian mountains but we were high enough so that we could see the coastline. The group really got to know each other and the scenery was fantastic. The weather was great and it was a really special experienc to be able to sleep up in the heart of the mountains. Lodging was comfortable and warm, I preferred it to the hotels on the shore!What did you think of your group leader?Our group leader was enthusiastic and caring and had a lot of knowledge of the local area. A great guideDo you have any advice for potential travellers?This is a fairly standard walking trip, nothing special you need to consider or take.Is there anything else you would like to add?The food on this trip is fairly average, we bought our lunch provisions from local supermarkets. though the evening restaurant choices were quite good and seafood was fantastic
- AnonymousWritten on October 11, 20114.0 - GoodFantastic trip, fantastic walking, fantastic food, fantastic sights, fantastic country. Did I mention it was fantastic?!?What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?1 - View from summit of Velebit Zavizan2 - Trekking along the Premuziceva trail 3 - Trekking through the gorges of the Paklenica National Park.....seeing those crazy climbers half way up the rock face!Difficult to pick a highlight, loved it all.What did you think of your group leader?Edo was a great guide, funny, informative and well organised. Couldn't fault him at all, a great ambassador for his country.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?This was harder than I expected! Some stiff climbs on rocky paths followed by descents on the other! The trek to the summit of Velebit Zavizan was so much fun but also a good challenge.Is there anything else you would like to add?Do it! I had a blast! Definetely one of my favourite exodus trips.
- AnonymousWritten on October 11, 20114.0 - GoodFantastic trip, fantastic walking, fantastic food, fantastic sights, fantastic country. Did I mention it was fantastic?!?What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?1 - View from summit of Velebit Zavizan2 - Trekking along the PremuzicevaÂ trail 3 - Trekking through the gorges of the Paklenica National Park.....seeing those crazy climbers half way up the rock face!Difficult to pick a highlight, loved it all.What did you think of your group leader?Edo was a great guide, funny, informative and well organised. Couldn't fault him at all, a great ambassador for his country.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?This was harder than I expected! Some stiff climbs on rocky paths followed by descents on the other! The trek to the summit of Velebit Zavizan was so much fun but also a good challenge.Is there anything else you would like to add?Do it! I had a blast! Definetely one of my favourite exodus trips.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Dubrovnik
- Day 2: Walk from Gornji Obod to Straazisce Peak; transfer to Dubrovnik, explore the old town
- Day 3: Transfer up the coast to the Biokovo Massif; walk above the town of Makarska; transfer to Bol on the Island of Brac
- Day 4: Climb Vidova Gora for views over Bol and Zlatni Rat, the Golden Beach; afternoon to relax on the beach
- Day 5: Catch the ferry to Split and enjoy a couple of hours exploring the old town before transferring to Krka N.P.; visit the Skradinski buk waterfalls.
- Day 6: Velika Paklenica N.P. gorge walk via the Mirila Graves and Tomici Village
- Day 7: Another day in Paklenica N.P.; walk to a meadow beneath Bojin Kuk peak before returning to Starigrad Paklenica for the evening
- Day 8: The tour Ends in Zadar
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the group size for this tour?
The maximum group size on this tour is 16 people.
What style of accommodation is used on the tour?
The accommodation used on the tour is based on simple but comfortable hotels which all have ensuite bathrooms.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
As a solo traveller, you can choose to be paired with another traveller of the same gender or to ensure the privacy of your own room for the duration of the tour you can pay a single supplement which is an additional cost.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
Croatia: Islands & Mountains
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Zadar5 seats left$156$1,505-10%USD $1,349
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Zadar8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Zadar8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Zadar8 seats left$161$1,615-10%USD $1,454
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Zadar8 seats left$162$1,655-10%USD $1,493
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Zadar8 seats left$162$1,655-10%USD $1,493
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Zadar8 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayJul 27, 2019to Zadar8 seats left$167$1,785-9%USD $1,618
- SaturdayAug 17, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdayAug 24, 2019to Zadar8 seats left$165$1,735-10%USD $1,570
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Dubrovnik8 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Zadar8 seats left$162$1,655-10%USD $1,493
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Dubrovnik is the starting point and Zadar is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 November 2018 the full payment of $1,349 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1349 for Croatia: Islands & Mountains, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 38 km
- Ston (Croatia)
- 70 km
- Tucepi (Croatia)
- 4 km
- Makarska (Croatia)
- 30 km
- Bol (Croatia)
- 5 km
- Vidova Gora (Croatia)
- 28 km
- Split (Croatia)
- 55 km
- NP Krka (Croatia)
- 64 km
- Starigrad (Croatia)
- 6 km
- Paklenica National Park (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,349 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,819 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Croatia: Islands & Mountains