High Peaks of Bulgaria
- Our saving
- US $ 1,262
- Age range
- 18 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking
- Kieron RackleyWritten on July 15, 20135.0 - Excellent
It has been three years since my last Exodus trip and this one reminded me of what I had missed. Great accomodation, lots of quality chunky walks, pleasant group and outstanding leader. Able to relax in evenings. Holiday as well as a challenge. Met friendly... Read more
- Phillip MalleryWritten on October 2, 20124.0 - Good
Great leader. Very tough walking but accomadation great, so would recommend separate gradeing of walking and accomadation.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?5 mountain tops in 7 days!What did you think of your group leader?Very good.Do you... Read more
- Andrew RitzWritten on September 17, 20125.0 - Excellent
Great views, warm people, some effort requiredWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Reaching the peaks and the views from them, taking in some of the previous days walks. The ability to relax at the end of the day, in calm surroundings.What... Read more
- Trevor WilliamsWritten on September 11, 20124.0 - Good
In my experience this holiday is right in the middle of the Challenging grading. The scenary was good without being spectacular but the accommodation and food was excellent. The highlight of the trip was the quality of the Leader. Vladimir was... Read more
- Anna CheerWritten on August 5, 20125.0 - Excellent
This was a hard-work holiday, but so worth it. It was far more varied than we'd expected. Each mountain was very different, from bare-rock splendour to a weather and military station with a kiosk serving tea! Blazing sun to hail and thunder, beech woods to... Read more
- Clare ElliottWritten on August 1, 20125.0 - Excellent
Well organised with professional and friendly staff, all in all a great trip with amazing scenery.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Reaching the sumit of Mt Vihren.What did you think of your group leader?Very professional, helpful,... Read more
- Sally LightWritten on September 19, 20114.0 - Good
This was a great trip. Excellent walking, a great tour leader and fascinating country. Highly recommended. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The walking was challenging but the views wonderful and it was great to return to a big meal and... Read more
- Anna PortaWritten on September 14, 20114.0 - Good
The perfect mountain week with several ascents in different scenaries, all of them unspoilt and a cultural break halfway through the week visiting monasteries, caves and geological features. Tough but extremely rewarding. Great weather, food and... Read more
- David ScottWritten on August 16, 20114.0 - Good
Lovely mountains with beautiful plants and wildlife. The guide and driver went out of their way to be helpful and the hotels were friendly and welcoming. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Walking through a mist shrouded forest and then... Read more
- Andrew McAlpineWritten on October 4, 20074.0 - Good
What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Alpine flowers and bird life and some great mountain scenery.What did you think of your group leader?The guide was very knowledgeable about the regions we visited, Bulgarian history and the flora and fauna... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Bansko
- Day 2: Hike across the Todrina Porta pass (2500m) via Vasilashki and Bandersihki lakes.
- Day 3: Ascent of Mt. Vihren (2914m), the highest peak in the Pirin Mountains.
- Day 4: Visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and walk in the surrounding nature reserve.
- Day 5: Panoramic hike through the heart of the Rila Mountains.
- Day 6: Ascent of Mt Malyovitsa (2729m).
- Day 7: Ascent of Mt Musala (2925m); transfer to Sofia.
- Day 8: End Sofia.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ellen22nd July 2018
High Peaks of Bulgaria
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to London7 seats left$53USD $1,282
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to London8 seats left$53USD $1,282
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to London8 seats left$55USD $1,310
- SaturdayAug 17, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 24, 2019to London8 seats left$55USD $1,310
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Sofia8 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to London8 seats left$53USD $1,262
- SaturdayJun 27, 2020from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 4, 2020to London8 seats left$54USD $1,291
- SaturdayJul 11, 2020from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayJul 18, 2020to London8 seats left$54USD $1,291
- SaturdayJul 25, 2020from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 1, 2020to London8 seats left$54USD $1,291
- SaturdayAug 15, 2020from Sofia8 DaysSaturdayAug 22, 2020to London8 seats left$54USD $1,291
- SaturdaySep 12, 2020from Sofia8 DaysSaturdaySep 19, 2020to London8 seats left$54USD $1,291
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Sofia is the starting point and London is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 February 2019 the full payment of $1,262 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1262 for High Peaks of Bulgaria, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 96 km
- Bansko (Bulgaria)
- 12 km
- Pirin National Park (Bulgaria)
- 12 km
- Bansko (Bulgaria)
- 44 km
- Rila (Bulgaria)
- 20 km
- Malyovitsa (Bulgaria)
- 18 km
- Mt Musala (Bulgaria)
- 61 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 2,015 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,262 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,734 tours in Europe
- covered by 301 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 23,703 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours