Travel, Your Way
Good reasons for travelling privately:
Personalise your trip
Make changes to the itinerary, accommodation, or transport method
Increased safety during COVID
Spend the majority of time amongst your group to reduce exposure to others
Travel more exclusively
Your tour guide can focus all their attention on your group
Travel for a special occasion
Celebrate an important event by only travelling with your friends or family
- Day 1: Start Covarrubias.
- Day 2: Circular walk in the Valles de Ura, home to numerous species of local flora and fauna.
- Day 3: Walk the GR82 from Retuerta to Santo Domingo, stopping at an iconic filming location from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly".
- Day 4: Walk from San Juan de Ortega to Burgos on the world-renowned Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route.
- Day 5: Walk through vineyards and beautiful valleys to 'The Three Villages', three remote and primitive settlements.
- Day 6: Free day to relax or visit the cathedral city of Burgos and its many attractions.
- Day 7: Walk along the crest of the Sierra de las Mamblas for stunning panoramic views.
- Day 8: End Covarrubias.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- RDReinhold· October 17th, 2017Xavi, the trip guide, was a friendly and knowledgeable person, particularly about wildlife and plants. The walks went through some beautiful and historic areas. I expected a moderate (Level 3) experience as described, instead the experience was at Level... Show moreTrip date: October 2017
- AJanice Darch· November 3rd, 2013A really lovely holiday in a beautiful little known area of Spain. The walks are between 10 and 13 miles a day with ample time take in the " Wild West" scenery, small villages and wildlife. The village of Covarrubias is a great centre for walking... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AFrancoise Walker· October 14th, 2013Very relaxing trip in a wonderfully unspoilt region. Covarrubias is a beautiful Medieval village, full of character and charm.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Highlights of the trip include; the vultures, the visit to Saint Domingo de... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMyriam Jackson· June 18th, 2013We had a wonderful week, thoroughly enjoyed the walks and visits to the various villages etc. The hotel was very comfortable and the owner could not do enough for youWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The views were magnificent, it is... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMatthias Hofer· June 8th, 2013Most likely I was the youngest traveler ever on that journey, but despite my age of 22 I truly enjoyed the holiday! The whole trip is so much more than "only" a walking holiday. Things like the visit to the monastery where we went to see some Gregorian... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ACarola Lurtz· October 3rd, 2012It was a very relaxing holiday as the walks were quite leisurely. No huffing and puffing involved. We had plenty of opportunity to chat to each other. The hotel is very cosy and welcoming, the soundproofing, however, almost non-existent. Since we were... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AJames Root· October 1st, 2012This was a walking holiday where each days walk was very differentWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Although initially the countryside looked very similar when cresting a ridge or exiting woodland the vista never ceased to... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AVirginia Rosenfeld· July 2nd, 2012An opportunity to stay in a mediaeval town which feels like 'real' Spain. Covarrubias is a delight and the hotel staff worked hard to make us comfortable. Nearly all meals are included in the cost of the holiday, with a choice of local wine so not many... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMarian Rafferty· July 1st, 2012This is a great trip - beautiful location with a variety of walks taking in some small villages on the way. The mountains are not very steep and the summits are inaccessible so its more of a moderate than a challenging grade. I found it a very relaxing... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AAnne-Marie Mills· June 1st, 2012Interesting scenery sprinkled with a few really, truely spectacular vistas. Dry, Mediterranean forests and farmland, a little bit of fauna and tonnes of fantastic flora in all its flowery and scented glory in Spring. The remains of plenty of interesting... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Discover TourRadar