Start planning your tour
Start and end in Covarrubias! With the hiking & trekking tour Secret Trails of Medieval Spain, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Covarrubias, Spain and 5 other destinations in Spain. Secret Trails of Medieval Spain includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Start Covarrubias.
- Day 2: Circular walk in the Valles de Ura, home to numerous species of local flora and fauna.
- Day 3: Full-day circular walk: ascend the Sierra de las Mamblas and circle the distinctive Muela mountain.
- Day 4: Beautiful walk from Rio Arlanza to Santo Domingo de Silos; visit the beautiful Benedictine monastery.
- Day 5: Walk through vineyards and beautiful valleys to the 'The Three Villages', three remote and primitive settlements.
- Day 6: Free day to relax or visit cathedral city of Burgos and its many sights.
- Day 7: Walk along the crest of the Sierra de las Mamblas for stunning panoramic views.
- Day 8: End Covarrubias.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- RDReinholdOctober 17, 2017Xavi, the trip guide, was a friendly and knowledgeable person, particularly about wildlife and plants. The walks went through some beautiful and historic areas. I expected a moderate (Level 3) experience as described, instead the experience was at Level... Show moreTrip date: October 2017
- AJanice DarchNovember 03, 2013A really lovely holiday in a beautiful little known area of Spain. The walks are between 10 and 13 miles a day with ample time take in the " Wild West" scenery, small villages and wildlife. The village of Covarrubias is a great centre for walking... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AFrancoise WalkerOctober 14, 2013Very relaxing trip in a wonderfully unspoilt region. Covarrubias is a beautiful Medieval village, full of character and charm.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Highlights of the trip include; the vultures, the visit to Saint Domingo de... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMyriam JacksonJune 18, 2013We had a wonderful week, thoroughly enjoyed the walks and visits to the various villages etc. The hotel was very comfortable and the owner could not do enough for youWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The views were magnificent, it is... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMatthias HoferJune 08, 2013Most likely I was the youngest traveler ever on that journey, but despite my age of 22 I truly enjoyed the holiday! The whole trip is so much more than "only" a walking holiday. Things like the visit to the monastery where we went to see some Gregorian... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ACarola LurtzOctober 03, 2012It was a very relaxing holiday as the walks were quite leisurely. No huffing and puffing involved. We had plenty of opportunity to chat to each other. The hotel is very cosy and welcoming, the soundproofing, however, almost non-existent. Since we were... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AJames RootOctober 01, 2012This was a walking holiday where each days walk was very differentWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Although initially the countryside looked very similar when cresting a ridge or exiting woodland the vista never ceased to... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AVirginia RosenfeldJuly 02, 2012An opportunity to stay in a mediaeval town which feels like 'real' Spain. Covarrubias is a delight and the hotel staff worked hard to make us comfortable. Nearly all meals are included in the cost of the holiday, with a choice of local wine so not many... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMarian RaffertyJuly 01, 2012This is a great trip - beautiful location with a variety of walks taking in some small villages on the way. The mountains are not very steep and the summits are inaccessible so its more of a moderate than a challenging grade. I found it a very relaxing... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AAnne-Marie MillsJune 01, 2012Interesting scenery sprinkled with a few really, truely spectacular vistas. Dry, Mediterranean forests and farmland, a little bit of fauna and tonnes of fantastic flora in all its flowery and scented glory in Spring. The remains of plenty of interesting... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Secret Trails of Medieval Spain
From Covarrubias to Covarrubias
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayMay 9, 2020SaturdayMay 16, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,399
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJun 6, 2020SaturdayJun 13, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,399
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 3, 2020SaturdayOct 10, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,399
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 10, 2020SaturdayOct 17, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,349
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayMay 8, 2021SaturdayMay 15, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,479
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayMay 15, 2021SaturdayMay 22, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,479
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJun 5, 2021SaturdayJun 12, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,479
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdaySep 25, 2021SaturdayOct 2, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,479
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 2, 2021SaturdayOct 9, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,479
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 9, 2021SaturdayOct 16, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$1,399
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar