- Tour Operator:
- Exodus Travels
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
- Hike up Mount Etna, Europe's highest active volcano
- See the continuous volcanic activity of Stromboli
- Discover the picturesque villages of the Aeolian Islands
- Walk around Vulcano's spectacular crater rim
Travel, Your Way
Good reasons for travelling privately:
Personalise your trip
Make changes to the itinerary, accommodation, or transport method
Increased safety during COVID
Spend the majority of time amongst your group to reduce exposure to others
Travel more exclusively
Your tour guide can focus all their attention on your group
Travel for a special occasion
Celebrate an important event by only travelling with your friends or family
- Day 1: Start Milazzo.
- Day 2: Boat to Vulcano and trek to the crater to see the famous fumaroles; free afternoon for bathing in Vulcano's hot springs, beaches and mud baths.
- Day 3: Walk along Lipari's rugged southern coast; free time to explore Lipari historic town and the archaeological museum; wine and produce tasting.
- Day 4: Boat to Stromboli; free time to explore the island before a sunset hike to the 'Sciara del Fuoco' (Stream of fire), to witness the volcanic activity.
- Day 5: Free half day in Stromboli to visit the town or relax on the island's black beaches; sunset trek to the summit of Stromboli.
- Day 6: Travel to Etna’s southern slope; stop in charming Taormina en route.
- Day 7: Walk the southern area of the Mount Etna or take an optional trek to the summit crater (3350m); transfer and overnight in Catania.
- Day 8: End Catania.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ADavid Curtis· November 7th, 2013Really enjoyed this trip, lots of variety from chaotic Catania to the tranquility and clear blue seas of the volcanic islands and the mars scape at the top of Etna. Walking was not too hard or too easy (it pays to be a bit fit though)What was the most... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AKieran Arthur· November 5th, 2013An enjoyable week spent exploring Sicily and the Aeolian islands, with tasty local food and wine and excellent company.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Undoubtedly, the climb to the top of Stromboli for sunset, and the subsequent... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AHoward Parvin· October 28th, 2013A brilliant and memorable trip to spectacular places, with comfortable accommodation, good food and good company. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The summits of the volcanoes. All were awe inspiring but all were different. Vulcano... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ASean Streets· October 16th, 2013Awesome trip - well organised from the first day to the last, so many great memories and a fantastic group of people to spend it with.Sicily is amazing!! What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Reaching the summit of Stromboli just as the... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARebecca Stamford· October 13th, 2013Amazing trip in Sicily treking the volcanos - seeing is believing! Loved every minuteWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Strombolli hike and seeing lava at night was awesome but Etna hike was superb too for different reasons - can't... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMarc Stamford· October 10th, 2013AMAZING.....!!! Loved every second of this trip - fantastic group, great walking, specatular volcanoes, brillent guide, lots of laughs. Everything you could possibly want from a holiday.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Was it the lava... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ANatalie Shenton· October 1st, 2013A fantastic week packed full of fun, fabulous food and fantastic scenery!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?For me the most inspirational moment was just as we arrived at the very top of Stromboli. It had been a challenging but... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AValerie Perry· September 16th, 2013Never having been part of a guided walking holiday but being a very experienced independent walker across the UK and Europe I wasn't sure what to expect. However, from the outset the trip exceeded my expectations with a superb guide and a fantastic... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ASusan Drake· August 9th, 2013A brilliant trip - one of the best (and believe me, I've done a few)! Really powerful experience of nature at work; extremely memorable and awe-inspiring.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?For me, climbing Etna as we were lucky enough... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMark Dimler· July 31st, 2013This is an exciting holiday that goes to a place many operators don't, that is why i chose it. I feel considering the overall cost, meals should be included every night, like most other operators. This was a trial run for this holiday at this time of... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Sunday29 Aug, 2021EnglishSunday5 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$2,0490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Sunday5 Sep, 2021EnglishSunday12 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$2,0490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Sunday12 Sep, 2021EnglishSunday19 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$2,0490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Sunday19 Sep, 2021EnglishSunday26 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,9490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Sunday10 Oct, 2021EnglishSunday17 Oct, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,9490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Sunday17 Oct, 2021EnglishSunday24 Oct, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,9490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Sunday10 Apr, 2022EnglishSunday17 Apr, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,9490% Interest Instalments
- Sunday24 Apr, 2022EnglishSunday1 May, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,9490% Interest Instalments
- Sunday8 May, 2022EnglishSunday15 May, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,9490% Interest Instalments
- Sunday15 May, 2022EnglishSunday22 May, 2022Multiple Room Types$2,0490% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Italy
- Italy Travel Guide
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies (with Reviews)
- Hiking in Europe in February
- Hiking in Europe in January
- Hiking in Europe in May
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2021 | TourRadar
- Italy from Catania
- Italy Hiking & Trekking
- 8 days Italy
- Operators in Europe
- South Italy
- Hiking & Trekking tours
- Sicily tours
- Italy tours
- Europe tours
- South Italy