Start planning your tour
Start and end in Ajaccio! With the hiking & trekking tour Mountains & Villages of Corsica, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Ajaccio, France and 6 other destinations in France. Mountains & Villages of Corsica includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Start Bocognano.
- Day 2: Train to Tavera; Woodland walk to ancient menhir (standing stone). Train back to Bocognano; Circular walk to Cascade du Voile de la Mariee.
- Day 3: Train journey to Vivario; walk to Tattone and onto the Vecchio River where it may be possible to swim. Ascend to Vizzavona and train to Bocognano.
- Day 4: Train to Corte; walk along the rugged Tavignano valley and back to the historic town of Corte. Return by train to Bocognano
- Day 5: Free day for an optional trip by train to Ajaccio and its beaches, or to relax in Bocognano.
- Day 6: Train to Vizzavona from where we enjoy a walk along the famous GR20 to Bocca Palmente.
- Day 7: Walk directly from the hotel to the Gravona River; walk along the Gorge of Richjusa and back to Bocognano.
- Day 8: End Bocognano.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AInge Muller· October 04, 2013Fabulous scenery, great walks, beautiful scents of the maquis, excellent guide (Rudi) etc. etc. Everything I had hoped Corsica would be, and so much more. The trip has inspired me to dot THE big one next year, the GR20. Can't wait !!!What was the most... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARosemary Anne Abrey· September 17, 2013Overall a very good trip, dramatic mountain scenery with a good friendly guide called Suzie. Enjoyed using the local trains to get to starts of some of the walks, and particularly enjoyed the welcome breaks she gave us for bathing/paddling in the... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARoger Rosewarne· July 31, 2013A good week of walking in a mountain landscape using the scenic mountain railway to access most walks. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The view from my hotel window and fromÂ theÂ train windows.Walking in the mountains and river... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARonald Powell· July 02, 2013A very good week of walking on a beautiful, and to us, surprisingly green, island.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The views of the snow-capped peaks and rocky outcrops, sometimes glimpsed through trees, theÂ beautiful natural rock... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARuth Thomas· January 20, 2013A most enjoyable holiday: wonderful scenery, good variety of walks, excellent leader, great company and lovely sunny hot weather most of the time. Comfortable hotel, within easy walking distance of the village bakery and a good bar, as well as being... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ADuncan Brice· January 06, 2013An excellent walking holiday the tone of which was set on the first afternoon when we all went for 'trial' walk to assess our abilities - a sound idea. We got to know the group from the very start which set the scene for the rest of the week. What was... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AGwen Higgins· January 06, 2013Satisfies the desire to climb mountains on an island with a colourful history of bandits especially before the rule of its most famous son, Napoleon, without sacrificing the comforts of a family run hotel or the pleasures of the local village bar and... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AJohn Rhodes· January 02, 2013Excellent hotel with great food. Atmospheric village in a remote spot. Great scenery. Very friendly people in the group, we all got on well.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The beautiful woods and views from the mountains sides.... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AColin Read· October 01, 2012This was well up there with the best walking holidays I have been on. There really was nothing to criticise and even the weather was as close to perfect as you are ever likely to get in the mountains.What was the most inspirational moment of your... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AStephen Bamford· September 19, 2012Excellent holiday - spectacular scenery, good company, friendly welcoming hotel with good food, skilled group leader.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The view from the top of the hill on the last day - and sense of achievement in... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Mountains & Villages of Corsica
From Ajaccio to Ajaccio
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayAug 30, 2020SundaySep 6, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,399
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 6, 2020SundaySep 13, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,399
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 13, 2020SundaySep 20, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,399
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 20, 2020SundaySep 27, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,399
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar