Arctic Watch Wilderness Lodge - 10 days
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Enjoy an included night in Yellowknife and meeting your fellow travellers.
- Day 2: We’ll meet early in the morning to board our private chartered plane to fly the 1,000 miles (1,500 km) to the Arctic Watch Lodge.
- Day 3: A typical first morning at the lodge may include receiving a hands-on introduction to driving all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) . Later, we may take a short hike to the Cunningham River estuary to watch Beluga whales frolic in the shallow water.
- Day 4: Today we travel by ATV, crossing the Cunningham River delta, and driving along the Muskox Ridge Trail, which provides a scenic overview of the entire area. It’s very likely that we’ll see Musk ox and pass by an impressive Arctic fox den.
- Day 5: Today we may attempt to kayak in Cunningham Inlet. All equipment and basic instructions are provided. Paddle among icebergs, looking out for Ring and Bearded seals as well as Beluga whales.
- Day 6: Today we’ll depart for a trip to Flatrock Falls, crossing the Cunningham River delta. There, you’ll have the option of hiking or travelling by Mercedes Unimog. We’ll visit the Somerset Island canyons, formed as the result of shifting fault lines.
- Day 7: Today we’ll set out on ATVs to Cape Anne where we’ll visit five Thule sites all along the coast and look for Polar bears. The ride includes scenic vistas, icebergs, ancient Inuit campsites and giant prehistoric whale bones.
- Day 8: Today we travel to the Arctic Watch raft and kayak launch on the Cunningham River, searching for muskox, Snow geese, Arctic foxes, sandpipers and Rough-legged hawks. Returning to the lodge, you’ll have the choice of kayaking or travelling by raft.
- Day 9: Today, you’ll bid a fond farewell to the lodge team and the High Arctic. In the late afternoon, the plane will arrive for the return flight back to Yellowknife.
- Day 10: Today you can make your way home at your leisure or spend some more time in the Yellowknife area.
- Alison Lomax's review about another Quark Expeditions tour5.0 - Excellent
A fanatstic trip. The expedition staff were without exception, excellent. We sailed North into the pack ice and were rewarded with stunning scenery, many polar bear sightings and awesome glaciers.<br /><br /><strong>What was the most inspirational moment of... Read more
- David Ord's review about another Quark Expeditions tour5.0 - Excellent
We joined this trip because we wanted to see a Polar Bear in the wild. We weren't disappointed - multiple bears on multiple occasions. The trip offered much more than that of course, everything else being a bonus.<br /><br /><strong>What was the most... Read more
- Matt Mckean's review about another Quark Expeditions tour5.0 - Excellent
My polar addiction started back in 2009 when i headed out to the Arctic with Paul, Ian Stirling and the elite of polar ships the Vavilov. We had incredible weather but lacked Bear sightings.. After exploring Georgia and Antarctica some 18 months later, i... Read more
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marc18th June 2019
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Yellowknife.
- For any tour departing before 21 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 21 October 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Quark Expeditions. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Quark Expeditions. Please familiarise yourself with the Quark Expeditions payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Quark Expeditions tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Yellowknife (Canada)
- 852 km
- Cambridge Bay (Canada)
- 616 km
- Somerset Island (Canada)
- 1,468 km
- Yellowknife (Canada)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,985 tours in North America
- covered by 112 different operators in North America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 2,706 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North America tours