Spitsbergen in Depth
- Our saving
- US $ 7,658
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Longyearbyen; board ship and embark.
- Day 2-12: Exploring Spitsbergen and the Svalbard Archipelago.
- Day 13: Disembark and end in Longyearbyen.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Quark Expeditions Ship
- Rather Poor
- ALAlison LomaxWritten on August 16, 20135.0 - Excellent
A fanatstic trip. The expedition staff were without exception, excellent. We sailed North into the pack ice and were rewarded with stunning scenery, many polar bear sightings and awesome glaciers.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Has to be... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- DODavid OrdWritten on August 14, 20135.0 - Excellent
We joined this trip because we wanted to see a Polar Bear in the wild. We weren't disappointed - multiple bears on multiple occasions. The trip offered much more than that of course, everything else being a bonus.What was the most inspirational moment of... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- MMMatt MckeanWritten on August 7, 20135.0 - Excellent
My polar addiction started back in 2009 when i headed out to the Arctic with Paul, Ian Stirling and the elite of polar ships the Vavilov. We had incredible weather but lacked Bear sightings.. After exploring Georgia and Antarctica some 18 months later, i... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- AHAndrew HollimanWritten on August 5, 20135.0 - Excellent
A Fantastic trip, excellent guides, support team and ship.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Seeing Polar Bears in their environment close-up.What did you think of your group leader?Hard to fault, inspirational, enthusiastic, knowledgable -... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- BCBenjamin CarrickWritten on August 2, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was an exhilarating and awe-inspiring trip where we really got to experience and feel the magic of Spitzbergen and its wildlife. The ship, the crew and all of the inspirational expedition team made the experience more than just a sight-seeing tour and... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- SCSarah ChurchWritten on August 2, 20135.0 - Excellent
To summarise such a monumental experience is impossible. Although I had read all about it, the reality was far beyond words. The scenery, the wildlife and sheer magnificence of the Arctic was mind blowing. Our trip was not a "Cruise on a Boat" it was an... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- HRHelena RoweWritten on August 1, 20135.0 - Excellent
Bears on cliffs, bears on ice, walrus, ivory gulls and so much more... The trip far exceeded all expectations (and they were set pretty high from the outset). Spitsbergen in depth certainly lived up to its name: in-depth knowledge from all our guides,... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- EGEvelyn GrantWritten on August 1, 20135.0 - Excellent
Ever since reading about Fridtjof Nansen as a youngster I've wanted to head to the Arctic. Sometimes following dreams doesn't work out but this trip was everything I could have hoped for and much more.What was the most inspirational moment of your... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- DWDawn WattsWritten on January 6, 20135.0 - Excellent
In 2009 I booked on the Arctic trip in search of Polar Bears and surprisingly found myself literally overwhelmed by the scenery. The sea ice was thick and the Polar Bears were being shy! I returned with no expectations and almost witnessed the Arctic... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
- AMAurelio MarteganiWritten on January 2, 20135.0 - Excellent
An exciting and adventurous trip on a comfortable boat! Despite the lack of ice at sea the team and crew put extra effort to find the polar bears, which were on everyone's wish list. The chefs accommodated for the dietary needs of my partner and the Exodus... Read moreReview collected by Quark Expeditions
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Svetlana17th February 2019
Spitsbergen in Depth
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Longyearbyen13 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to Longyearbyen8 seats left$237USD $7,658
- TuesdayJul 23, 2019from Longyearbyen13 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Longyearbyen8 seats left$237USD $7,658
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Longyearbyen.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Quark Expeditions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 August 2019 the full payment of $7,658 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $7658 for Spitsbergen in Depth, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Quark Expeditions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Longyearbyen (Svalbard)
- 113 km
- Ny Aalesund (Svalbard)
- 134 km
- Moffen Island (Svalbard)
- 140 km
- Phippsoya (Svalbard)
- 143 km
- Alkefjellet (Svalbard)
- 170 km
- Alkhornet (Svalbard)
- 41 km
- Longyearbyen (Svalbard)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $7,658 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,601 tours in Europe
- covered by 552 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,047 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours