Cycling in Sardinia
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,685
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start and end in Cagliari! With the bicycle tour Cycling in Sardinia, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Cagliari, Italy and 15 other destinations in Italy. Cycling in Sardinia is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
21 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on October 7, 20134.0 - GoodGreat way to see the countryside. Fantastic views along the coastline. A holiday with like minded people.The only downside was the lack of choice for restaurants due to being out in the country most nights - but what was available served good food. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Getting to the top of the long climbs on days 3 and 4.The views. Â Not missing a photo opportunity due to sitting on the wrong side of a coach. Snack stops - just what you need to keep you going until lunchtime.What did you think of your group leader?Very professional.Â Took time to check everything was ok before, during and after the days cycling.Â Local staff also very helpful and informative.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?This trip was classed as moderate and that you should be of average fitness.Â If you are not fit, or used to cycling distances, then you may find some of the days not so enjoyable.Â Â Don't worry about being left behind - you won't be.Â The group always re-groups at a junction so no-one gets lost.Take as long as you like - stop for a photo whenever you want.Be organised for a beach stop every day.Â If you don't like the beach, take a book with you or do a bit of extra cycling. Is there anything else you would like to add?Just enjoy it.Â The hard work pays off when you get to the top of the climbs.Â Don't count on losing weight.Â You eat what you have just worked off, plus more.
- AnonymousWritten on September 16, 20134.0 - GoodThis was another great cycling tour, It is my 4th cycling tour with Exodus and was again well organised with some fantastic cycling and great fun with a nice group of people and some great swimming spots every day.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?For me, Day 3 which was challenging with the hills but just so beautiful that I was distracted from the burning thighs! Michele the leader was fantastic at encouraging us forward through the rain- the only day it rained but was a great day and ended at a fantastic hotel and view. Day 6 was cycling mostly along the southern coast and again was a beautiful cycle with a great beach and made for some great photos of the Sardinian coast.What did you think of your group leader?Alessandro and Michele were both great, the tour was well organised and the fruit and snacks they had for us on some days was a brilliant idea.Michele was an exceptional leader as he was excellent at checking on us at the back of the group and had a great sense of humour with a very caring nature. He should be voted one of the top tour leaders as he really is a fantastic guide. We may do the dolomites next year if he is leading it.....Thank You guys for a great tripDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Try a cycling tour, if you have not done one before. They are really great fun and you get a great sense of achievement. I would recommend doing some hill training before you go and if you have a reasonable level of fitness you can do it.Â My mum is 67 and she managed this tour and loved it, with some summer training before. I do hope to be doing the same when I am her age. Go for it if you are fit and have a bike to practice before......It is the only way to travelIs there anything else you would like to add?Excellent tour and guides again, the hotels were all clean and fine, the cycling was great. I was a little dissapointed in the food in Sardinia not as good as we have had in other parts of Italy but of course there is plenty of it and as you are cycling, you can have pizza and pasta!!!!!
- AnonymousWritten on June 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentBrilliant holiday, two great guides, fantastic scenery, superb food including two lunchtime picnics. Hotels were good, opportunities to visit archeological sites and swim in the sea.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Going off road and across the river on our sturdy yellow bikes. Watching the flamingos fly on the salt lakes.What did you think of your group leader?Absolutely brilliant, they could not have done more for us. Very friendly, helpful and informative. They worked very hard behind the scenes to make sure everything ran smoothly - which it did !Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Bring some Â spring cycling kit, the weather generally was warmer than UK but not always. It did rain really heavily once but we were in the bar at the time !Don't expect to loose any weight on the tripÂ Is there anything else you would like to add?Up there with the best cycling trips I've ever done. A really great Island, fantastic guides, wonderful food and drink, friendly locals and stunning scenery. Oh and a great group of guests too !
- AnonymousWritten on October 23, 20124.0 - GoodAwesome trip to Sardinia's west coast. Cycling in the hills was really nice and the scenery was fantastic.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The hills to reach the destination for a picnic lunch! The weather was spectacular every day for us.What did you think of your group leader?LOVED the group leader, Michele. Very attentive, speaks English well and cares about every individual in the group. Enrico was also with us and cared about everyone, attentive as well. The two of them were great and I would have them again on the next trip.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Practice hills. It is not a race so you do not have to practice riding fast. It is not a difficult vacation of hills (Amalfi Coast is harder) but you do need to know how to climb 10% grade hills for several Kms. Just practice them and you will do well on this vacation. It is for every age and size, as long as you practice.
- AnonymousWritten on October 11, 20125.0 - ExcellentWow, it is a must to do this trip. Not only is the scenery really great, the weather in October was also fantastic. Michele and Enrico were the most hospitable hosts, knowledgeable and a lot of fun to be with. We had some amazing food, stayed in great places that were clean. We slept like champs each night after cycling. I'm a road cyclist and found the hills challenging but I will say that if you ride often, you will find this fun and challenging and easy on the flat days.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Enrico's picnics! They were made with love. The weather! But the hosts were awesome - Michele and Enrico.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Make sure you practice some hills before you come. Have an open-mind about the day - some long days but enjoyable, some shorter days. Bring a bathing suit as you will be in the beach almost every day. Just enjoy and relax. There is WiFi at every hotel, but take a break from the news and have a vacation.
- AnonymousWritten on October 1, 20123.0 - AverageVery enjoyable trip although more challenging than last year's Dolomites trip. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The amazing views over the emerald coloured sea.What did you think of your group leader?He was friendly and attentive but his English was rusty and we had to keep asking him for information.
- AnonymousWritten on May 29, 20125.0 - ExcellentA brilliant trip lead by brilliant guides! This is my first Exodus trip and I was thoroughly impressed with the organisation, the standard of accommodation and the guides.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Lots! Reaching the top of a hill climb, seeing crystal clear sea, quatrz sand beaches, drinking Ichnusa while watching the sunset.What did you think of your group leader?Michele and Roberto were amazing, a great double act. Michele was always smiling, cracking jokes and was really enthuisiastic about the plans for the next days adventure. He looked out for everybody in the group whether they were the fastest or the slowest in the group. And Roberto (the tallest Sardinian in the world) was great too, sorting out some great picnics on the beach for us and really looking after everybody.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go for it!!
- AnonymousWritten on May 29, 20125.0 - ExcellentAn exhilarating trip zipping along coastal roads gazing at plunging cliffs dipping into turquoise waters and pretty bays .Glimpses of ancient Phoenician cities, Spanish Towers and ancient mines enhance the views . Plenty of time to relax on a beach, enjoy the ferry and savour the delicious food and wine all in good company after a hard days cycle.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The coastal scenery and a wow moment at every bend.Flamingoes flying .Â Festival procession we were lucky to witness that happens once a year in a small village.What did you think of your group leader?Excellent--attentive and fun. He worked well with Roberto who drove the van and acted as back up.Michelae was aware of the diffferent needs of the group and organised us well.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Relax and enjoy. The hills are quite challenging but in small bite size chunks.Remember low gear when cycling through a ford !!I went in May which is a good time to avoid the crowds and hot weather but enough to enjoy the beach.Is there anything else you would like to add?A great balanced trip for someone seeking a week away from it all.
- AnonymousWritten on May 11, 20125.0 - ExcellentI would very much recommend this trip; we had lovely scenery - a nice mix of coast, hills and islands; good standard of accommodation throughout; excellent leaders (Michele and Roberto), and a really good group of people on the trip. There may not be quite enough cycling for really keen cyclists; another 10k or so could have been added each day (except for the second day's cycling which finished with a serious hill) whilst still giving this trip a 'moderate' grading. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?It's difficult to choose - perhaps the afternoon spent cycling on the island of San Pietro, with the combination of viewing flamingo, visiting beaches and relaxing in the very pleasant town of Carloforte.What did you think of your group leader?Both Michele and Roberto were excellent; probably the best leadership team I've come across on any Exodus trip.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?No, apart from go and enjoy it if you like a good mix of cycling and holiday. Â The only significant diadvantage of this trip was the very late return flight to Stansted.Is there anything else you would like to add?If this trip is being modified in future, it would be nice to have an overnight stay in Carloforte, taking the first morning ferry to Sant' Antioco rather than moving on from Carloforte, which was the nicest town we visited on the trip, in late afternoon. Â Also the first day's cycling could be extended quite a bit, particularly as it was on flat terrain, to help occasional cyclists get their cycling legs back at the start of the holiday.
- AnonymousWritten on May 10, 20125.0 - ExcellentCarol(my partner) and I thoroughly enjoyed this trip, which proved to live up to the 5star ratings given by previous exodus cyclists. The scenery is magnificent, the food brilliant, and the organisation by our group leaders Michelle, and Roberto was inspired. The trip is properly graded at moderate, and all in our group managed all of the climbs. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Cycling in the hills of south west sardinia, with sunshine at 25 degrees, and coming across beaches that are pretty much empty at this time of year.Eating sardinian food, with a bottle of Ichnusa...does it get any better!Crossing a 20 metre stream about 30cm deep over pebbles, and being the only one in the group not to get wet feet.....definitely deserved a beer!Watching my partner beat me by about 5minutes on the longest and steepest climb of the week....I've got to get some calf muscles to match!What did you think of your group leader?Michelle and Roberto were brilliant, very attentive to any needs, and total fun for the whole week. We have done numerous trips with you, and these two were among the best we have evr had.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Do the trip!Is there anything else you would like to add?Possibly my only wish would have been for slightly better bikes, these were a little 'sit up and beg' style, did the job, but something like a trek hybrid would have been better.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Cabras.
- Day 2: Circular ride through the Sinis wetlands to the white quartz beach of Is Arutas and the Phoenician site of Tharros.
- Day 3: Short transfer to Arborea; cycle along the Costa Verde and on to Piscinas beach.
- Day 4: Cycle past abandoned mines, the golden beach of Portixeddu and the white sea stack of Pan di Zucchero; continue to the former mining village of Nebida.
- Day 5: Descend to Fontanamare; board the ferry to the fishing village of Carloforte.
- Day 6: Cycle through the meadows of Sant'Antioco; visit the Romanesque Pisan sanctuary and ride along the quiet country lanes of Sulcis.
- Day 7: Pedal across the rolling hills of the Costa del Sud; climb up to the high point of Cape Malfatano for views of the coast; transfer and overnight in Cagliari.
- Day 8: End Cagliari.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Cycling in Sardinia
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Cagliari0 seats left$77USD $1,858Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Cagliari6 seats left$175$1,965-9%USD $1,790
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Cagliari6 seats left$170$1,855-9%USD $1,685
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to Cagliari8 seats left$173$1,935-9%USD $1,762
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Cagliari8 seats left$175$1,985-9%USD $1,810
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Cagliari8 seats left$175$1,985-9%USD $1,810
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Cagliari8 seats left$175$1,985-9%USD $1,810
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Cagliari8 seats left$177$2,015-9%USD $1,838
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Cagliari8 seats left$177$2,015-9%USD $1,838
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Cagliari8 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Cagliari8 seats left$177$2,015-9%USD $1,838
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Cagliari.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 November 2018 the full payment of $1,685 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1685 for Cycling in Sardinia, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 296 km.
- Cagliari (Italy)
- 96 km
- San Salvatore (Italy)
- 5 km
- San Giovanni di Sinis (Italy)
- 1 km
- Tharros (Italy)
- 17 km
- Arborea (Italy)
- 9 km
- Marceddi (Italy)
- 21 km
- Spiaggia di Piscinas (Italy)
- 11 km
- Portixeddu (Italy)
- 15 km
- Nebida (Italy)
- 3 km
- Fontanamare (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,685 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,819 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,962 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours