Cycling the Dalmatian Coast
- Our saving
- US $ 1,243
- Explore the wonderful Dalmatian Coast
- Discover the beautiful islands of Hvar and Korcula
- Visit seaside villages, medieval towns and pebble bays
- Fall in love with the fascinating UNESCO city of Dubrovnik
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- AAAimeeWritten on May 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentMario was absolutely amazing!! He is so calm and collected, very informative, patient and encouraging! He is by far the best guide I have ever had on a guided tour!! He made us all feel so comfortable and took time to explain every little detail we had questions about. I would Highly recommend people to take tours guided by him!Show detailed ratings
- GMGordonWritten on April 29, 20185.0 - ExcellentOur guide was very accomadation got to all skill levels, he kept us well informed and he introduced us to authentic Croatian food. Our guide kept our group together in the evenings and this enabled us to make friends with the others in our group.Show detailed ratings
- GMGordonWritten on April 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentWell organized , our guide was able to accommodate all th e level of cyclistsShow detailed ratings
- MGMeganWritten on October 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis was a great tour! I would highly recommend it! Our guide was awesome and was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. The scenery was great and the weather perfect. I would definitely do another exodus tour again.Show detailed ratings
- SSamWritten on September 16, 20174.5 - ExcellentVery impressed with the tour. Unreal coastal views, great equipment, lovely guides.Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on November 7, 20133.0 - AverageVaried holiday spoiled somewhat by the untypical weather.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?A lot of the rides on the tour were fairly inspirational as regards scenery, although the rain did put a dampener on things.Â Food was a mixed bag and I did have a bout of gastro-enteritis on the trip.Â There was a lot of bus travel partly due to the fact that in October we were on the off season ferry schedules.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â What did you think of your group leader?The group leader arranged the rides well adapting them to the unseasonal weather.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?One might be well advised to avoid October plumping for May instead to avoid adverse weather and restricted ferry services.Is there anything else you would like to add?I shared 76 photos.Â Unfortunately only one other person appeared to share any photos with the group.
- AnonymousWritten on November 5, 20134.0 - GoodI had a fabulous trip and met some great travelling buddies. The Croatian coastline is stunning and cycling is an amazing way to experience it.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Cycling the quiet coastal roads with spectacular views.What did you think of your group leader?Ana was really great. She was experienced in organizing our tour, arranging meals together and is sociable and fun. She was also a good bike mechanic when necessary and able to adjust our itinerary to accommodate some rainy weather.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?October may not be the best month to go. We had quite a lot of rain.Is there anything else you would like to add?I was not too happy with the hotels. I thought they were below average for a trip like this.
- AnonymousWritten on October 26, 20134.0 - GoodI recommend this trip but suggest doing it outside the rainy season. The rainy season during our week was Sunday (light drizzle, just to help us acclimatise), Monday (heavy showers followed by heavy rain), Tuesday (morning downpour, afternoon showers), and Wednesday (heavy rain in between periods of torrential rain, although it did clear late in the afternoon)! Thursday and Friday were mostly dry. But the islands did look very beautiful between the clouds, we had a fun group of people and our guide did an excellent job of modifying the cycling and finding other activities to suit the weather.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Hiding in a church porch whilst the rain was completely bucketing down! Â The idea that we had tried to cycle and been caught out in those conditions was just so funny we all had to laugh. Â So we were laughing even before the wine-tasting....What did you think of your group leader?Ana was excellent - made a real effort to modify the cycle plans to suit the occasional gaps between the heavy rain, and to find alternative activities, including cave visits and wine-tastings, due to the shorter cycling programme.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?I'm sure you'll have a great time with better weather! Â There are some long hills on the trip, so if you aren't a regular cyclist, do try to do a bit of training before you go. Â Is there anything else you would like to add?I had been warned that Croatia was expensive, but on the whole found that prices for meals out were lower than, or at least comparable with, the UK.Â
- AnonymousWritten on October 13, 20135.0 - ExcellentHad a fantastic time on this trip: the group, the scenery and the leader could not be faulted. If you want an introduction to Croatia or simply see it at its best, then this trip is for you.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Great memories:-Completing the climbs on day 1 and 2.-Cycling as close as it gets along the coast line on several occassions.-An amazing Croatian lunch at a family run restaurant in what to me seemed the middle of nowhere.Â -Dubrovnik early in the morning! I will certainly come back here.Â -Last but not least: making new friends to go on more Exocus holidays with.Â What did you think of your group leader?Group leader Vlad was great, he doesn't usually does this particular trip, but much more advanced ones. By the end of the week we were all convinced he was super-human. With the patience of angels he made sure the whole group managed most of the rides. He is passionate about his country and encouraged us all to make the most of all opportunties to explore.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Make sure you understand the skill level you need to do this ride, several in the group hadn't and it made the rides a lot harder for them and slower for the overall group. Because we all got on so well, it wasn't an issue in the group I was in, but could have been in a group who were after speed. Know your gears and be aware that you will be cycling 55K, with 2 x 1000m climbs on 2 days and around 35K the other days.Â Is there anything else you would like to add?This holiday is in the top 3 of my all time holidays. The surroundings, sunshine, food, people and the feeling of getting fitter with every day, it cannot be beaten, other than by another Exodus holiday possibly....
- AnonymousWritten on October 13, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis holiday was excellent and extremely well organised. Some of the hills were tough but very enjoyable - especially the downhill ones! The guide was always on hand and very helpful in finding great places to eat. Altogether a fantastic holiday.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Split; ferry transfer to Hvar.
- Day 2: Circular ride exploring the island of Hvar, including Hvar town and a 10km climb.
- Day 3: Ride east along the island to port of Sucuraj; ferry via mainland to Korcula.
- Day 4: Free day in Lumbarda; optional visit (with bikes) to picturesque island of Mljet.
- Day 5: Scenic ride on forested island of Korcula, from Vela Luka to Korcula town and on to Lumbarda.
- Day 6: Ride through the vineyards of Peljesac Peninsula towards the mainland; transfer to Dubrovnik.
- Day 7: Free day to explore Dubrovnik.
- Day 8: End Dubrovnik.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What are the hills like for cycling?
This trip includes 90% tarmac, 10% gravel roads. We travel on quiet roads with a good mix of flat and rolling terrain.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
Does the tour price includes bike rentals?
The tour price does include bike rentals, we just require your height at the time of booking to ensure we get you the proper sized bike.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jane7th September 2018
Cycling the Dalmatian Coast
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Split8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Dubrovnik0 seats left$62USD $1,483
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Split8 DaysWednesdayOct 10, 2018to Dubrovnik4 seats left$156$1,505-10%USD $1,349
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Split8 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to DubrovnikOnly 1 seat left$152$1,395-11%USD $1,243
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Split8 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Dubrovnik0 seats left$62USD $1,483
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Split8 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Dubrovnik5 seats left$153$1,435-11%USD $1,282
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Split8 DaysSaturdayApr 6, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$154$1,455-11%USD $1,301
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Split8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$154$1,455-11%USD $1,301
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Split8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Split8 DaysSaturdayMay 4, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Split8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Dubrovnik0 seats left$61USD $1,454
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Split is the starting point and Dubrovnik is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $1,243 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1243 for Cycling the Dalmatian Coast, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Split (Croatia)
- 44 km
- Jelsa (Croatia)
- 8 km
- Stari Grad (Croatia)
- 8 km
- Jelsa (Croatia)
- 40 km
- Sucuraj (Croatia)
- 16 km
- Orebić (Croatia)
- 7 km
- Lumbarda (Croatia)
- 5 km
- korcula (Croatia)
- 26 km
- Pomena (Croatia)
- 54 km
- Vela Luka (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,243 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Cycling the Dalmatian Coast