Cycling Bosnia & Montenegro
The Great Escape Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 58:05:03
- Our saving
- US $ 1,935
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start and end in Dubrovnik! With the bicycle tour Cycling Bosnia & Montenegro, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Dubrovnik, Croatia and 9 other destinations in Europe. Cycling Bosnia & Montenegro is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
3 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on January 8, 20134.0 - GoodA recommended trip, for those who want a balance between challenging mountain biking & a historical cultural experience - enjoy soon before it gets spoiled with over development & while it still shows the battle scars of recent past!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Well we chose to drive over from the UK, & that was pretty epic! :)However, on the trip, the arrival after the (optional) climb to the old Olympic ski lift/TV station, was both a welcome relief & provided fantastic views!Inspirationally, the night we spent with the family in the mountain hut, with the food from their land & a wet wip wash, & thankfully some cold beers - was maybe the most memorable (in a good way) evening!Â Mostar was a real jewel that must be seen!Â What did you think of your group leader?Absolutely brilliant! Lorenc was polite & efficient in answering questions or delivering on anyone's needs - Â nothing was too much trouble & he was very knowledgeable, so added a lot to the trip with a wealth of information!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?You do need to be pretty fit for the climbing involved (if you dont want to spend time in the backup 4x4 vehicle).I'm actually glad I took my own full suspension MTB, if only for the comfort factor & to have decent brakes / gears - although others did manage ok with the hired bikes.Â Feel free to contact me if you'd like to know any more details.Â Is there anything else you would like to add?not wishing to end on a slightly negative note, but there could've done with being more single track riding, as a lot of it was forest track - I'm not sure if this is possible due to the terrain & miles needing to be covered.Â Oh & if you do opt to drive - be aware of the many nasty Bosnian police with speed guns, out mainly to get the tourists!
- AnonymousWritten on October 5, 20113.0 - AverageChallenging riding, some long uphill stretches and rocky descents, also a couple of fast downhill stretches on tarmac. The people on the trip were great as usual and we gelled well.
- AnonymousWritten on October 4, 20114.0 - GoodTHis holiday was a great way to see the diversity of Bosnia, some great scenery and people to travel with. The weather was interesting from Meditteranean hot to Hebridees wind and Rain but always interesting.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Downhill ride into Mostar, holding up local traffic in our peelton and concluding by wheeling the bikes over the historic bridgeWhat did you think of your group leader?Lorri was a great guy, always smiling, humerous and helpful, Do you have any advice for potential travellers?THis is a good way to sample mountain biking and a new country, get there before the place gets busy. However a good standard of fitness is recommended for those hills!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Trebinje
- Day 2: Ride through Popovo Polje, visiting the Tvrdos Monastery; enjoy a wine-tasting in Dracevo and visit the Vjetrenica Cave, the largest underground cave in Bosnia.
- Day 3: Take the back roads over the Orjen Mountain range in the Dinaric Alps into Montenegro, then descend to Herceg Novi on the Bay of Kotor.
- Day 4: Boat transfer across the bay to the Listica Peninsula; ride the olive routes, before cycling the inner bay road to Kotor via the Venetian town of Perast.
- Day 5: Climb from Kotor to Lovcen Mountain via Njegusi to try traditional cheese and smoked ham; visit the famous mausoleum on Lovcen Peak.
- Day 6: Descend to Skadar Lake via the ancient route connecting the hinterlands to the Adriatic Coast; en route stop at Cetinje, the former royal seat of Montenegro, finishing in Virpazar.
- Day 7: Transfer from Virpazar to Nevesinje, climb Mt Velez and descend into Mostar.
- Day 8: Drive to Dubrovnik via the traditional towns of Blagaj and Stolac; afternoon free to explore.
- Day 9: End Dubrovnik.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janice22nd December 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Cycling Bosnia & Montenegro
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondayMay 21, 2018to Dubrovnik8 seats left$48USD $1,935
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondayJul 23, 2018to Dubrovnik8 seats left$50USD $2,015
- SundayAug 12, 2018from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondayAug 20, 2018to Dubrovnik8 seats left$50USD $2,015
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to Dubrovnik8 seats left$48USD $1,935
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondayMay 20, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$49USD $1,965
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondayJun 24, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$51USD $2,055
- SundayJul 14, 2019from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondayJul 22, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$51USD $2,055
- SundayAug 11, 2019from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondayAug 19, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$51USD $2,055
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondaySep 9, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$51USD $2,055
- SundaySep 22, 2019from Dubrovnik9 DaysMondaySep 30, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$49USD $1,965
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bosnia and Montenegro. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Dubrovnik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 April 2018 the full payment of $1,935 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1935 for Cycling Bosnia & Montenegro, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 355 km.
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 21 km
- Trebinje (Bosnia)
- 33 km
- Herceg Novi (Montenegro)
- 16 km
- Perast (Montenegro)
- 9 km
- Kotor (Montenegro)
- 7 km
- Lovcen National Park (Montenegro)
- 6 km
- Cetinje (Montenegro)
- 22 km
- Virpazar (Montenegro)
- 161 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 11 km
- Blagaj (Bosnia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,935 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,431 tours in Europe
- covered by 184 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 17,440 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours