Cycle Southern Iceland
- Visit the Skogafoss Waterfall
- Stay overnight in a mountain hut
- Discover the famous Thingvellir
- Wander the streets of Reykjavik
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Susan AltmanWritten on August 27, 20135.0 - Excellent
This was a brilliant holiday. you see the key sites in Iceland combined with great cycling on nice bikes. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The vast waterfalls, the geysers, the trip out to the mountain lodge. but the most inspirational... Read more
- Alastair RootsWritten on August 20, 20134.0 - Good
Stunning scenery, challenging weather, friendly Icelanders.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The scenery is truly pre-historic. No wonder NASA trained for the moon landing there.The hot springs at Eldja.Â What did you think of your group... Read more
- Janene ListonWritten on October 6, 20125.0 - Excellent
This was a fantastic week full of fantastic landscapes; which highlighted a wonderful way to experience Iceland. Our tour leader was fantastic, very aware of the group capabilities and adjusting our adventure as needed if needed.What was the most... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Reykjavik.
- Day 2: Drive from Reykjavik to Krisuvik hot springs, ride the south coast of the Reykjanes Peninsula to Selfoss.
- Day 3: Drive to Seljalandsfoss Waterfall at the foothills of the Eyjafjallajokull volcano. Ride to Skogafoss Waterfall and on Solheimajokull Glacier; overnight at farmhouse.
- Day 4: Ride along south coast to Vik past sandy plains of glacial silt, to the Skafta glacial river; transfer to Fjallabak area and mountain hut.
- Day 5: Transfer to Eldgja through the spectacular Fjallabak region; ride down the Thjorsardalur valley, stopping en route at traditional 'sod' farmhouse.
- Day 6: Ride through farmland up to Gullfoss waterfall and on to Geysir and Laugarvatn.
- Day 7: Drive to Thingvellir N.P.; ride western side of Lake Thingvellir, across Mt Hengill and down to Reykjavik, stopping to visit thermal pools on the way.
- Day 8: End Reykjavik.
- Cycle Southern Iceland
- Exodus People - Kristjan's Story
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many kilometres of cycling does the tour have? Is it for beginners or intermediate?
The trip is for intermediate. Here's the Cycling profile:
Daily distance in km/miles:
Number of days cycling: 6
Pace: Approximately 4-6 hours cycling per day
Terrain: Low altitude; 90% tarmac, 10% easy gravel
Is there a fitness level requirement for this trip?
You must be moderately fit and have an interest in remote or challenging environments. Some previous experience is required for activity based trips.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 February 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Cycle Southern Iceland, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Selfoss (Iceland)
- 61 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 8 km
- Solheimajokull (Iceland)
- 22 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 64 km
- Eldgjá (Iceland)
- 83 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 13 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Laugarvatn (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,089 tours in Europe
- covered by 310 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 23,733 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours