Cycling the Vineyards of Burgundy: Self-Guided
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,464
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Ride through wine country
- Visit the village of Chateauneuf en Auxois
- Discover the city of Dijon
- Experience the countryside of Burgundy
- Age range
- 14 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
Start and end in Beaune! With the bicycle tour Cycling the Vineyards of Burgundy: Self-Guided, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Beaune, France and 6 other destinations in France. Cycling the Vineyards of Burgundy: Self-Guided includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
5 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on August 1, 20134.0 - Goodclear directions lovely hotels generally easy cycling with one very steep hillWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?the beautiful countrysidethe old hospital in BeauneWhat did you think of your group leader?self guidedDo you have any advice for potential travellers?the hill up to Chateauneuf is a killer especially in 37 degree heat!check in times are a little later in France but gives you time to go for a beer!Is there anything else you would like to add?this was our first self-guided trip would definitely do one againwell organised, bikes good and bags always there at the end of the day
- AnonymousWritten on October 1, 20124.0 - Goodthis was a great trip especiaslly for those who are "finding their way" cycling in france.the highlights of this trip were cycling through sunny vineyards and the relaxed pace-not to forget the lunches in lovely little towns- i would recommend this even to those with minimal cycling experienceWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?arriving in the lovely city of beauneand lunch in nuits st georgeWhat did you think of your group leader?self guided-it was me and he was excellent !Do you have any advice for potential travellers?dont worry if youve not been on a bike for 20 yearsvery lesurely !Is there anything else you would like to add?i think a breif orientation with the bike renatl would have been helpful ie repairs as thankfully we had no problemsbut may have been helpful
- AnonymousWritten on August 10, 20104.0 - GoodWe enjoyed a great holiday in wonderful countryside. Relaxing and enjoyable cycling, although a few more hills than we anticipated. Very pleasantly surprised by the good standard of the well chosen hotels which were reflective of the local area. Helpful staff during booking and good overall organisation so a hassle-free holiday, expect for a few blips in the directions. English speaking backup in France provided immediate response when needed during our trip (plus all the essential tools provided for the inevitable puncture). Overall a great trip, hope to be back for more.
- AnonymousWritten on October 4, 20074.0 - GoodWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The freedom,
- AnonymousWritten on October 4, 20074.0 - GoodWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The freedom, reliance on dodgy? notes, the amazing and varied scenary, some unexpected tough cycling, no complaints, oh, and the wine tasting!What did you think of your group leader?There was no group leader, well except me as I had the notes, only got hopelessly lost once, so not bad for a beginner, any vacancies??Do you have any advice for potential travellers?This is a trip that at face value attempts to keep everyone happy: cycling, wine tasting, culture, food, sight seeing, these are the ones I can think of!! it will pay to do some research to ensure you get exactly what you want from the trip; there is so much going on. The notes are vital for going with the flow, do your homework and prepare to flex, and this trip can be as specialist or generalist as you want!Is there anything else you would like to add?If you are new to cycling, this is great, but you must be disciplined, otherwise go for a group trip! This is a varied area, helps if you like French food, and speak more than O level French.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Beaune
- Day 2: Today is free to enjoy Beaune or take an optional cycle ride
- Day 3: Cycle through some of Burgundy’s most famous vineyards to Nolay
- Day 4: Ride through the forested uplands to the hilltop village of Chateauneuf en Auxois
- Day 5: A day to relax and spend some time exploring Chateauneuf. Alternatively take in some of the pretty surrounding villages on a short cycle ride
- Day 6: Enjoy a morning descent and then cycle along the canal tow path to Dijon; afternoon free to explore
- Day 7: Leave mediaeval Dijon and pedal to Beaune via Nuits St. Georges, the capital of the Cotes de Nuits vineyards
- Day 8: End Beaune
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Cycling the Vineyards of Burgundy: Self-Guided
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Beaune8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to BeauneOnly 2 seats left$161$1,625-10%USD $1,464
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Beaune8 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Beaune6 seats left$161$1,625-10%USD $1,464
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Beaune8 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Beaune4 seats left$161$1,625-10%USD $1,464
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Beaune8 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Beaune6 seats left$161$1,625-10%USD $1,464
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Beaune8 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Beaune6 seats left$161$1,625-10%USD $1,464
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Beaune.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $1,464 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1464 for Cycling the Vineyards of Burgundy: Self-Guided, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 117 km.
- Beaune (France)
- 4 km
- Pommard (France)
- 4 km
- Meursault (France)
- 11 km
- Nolay (France)
- 30 km
- Chateauneuf en Auxois (France)
- 32 km
- Dijon (France)
- 22 km
- Nuits Saint Georges (France)
- 15 km
- Beaune (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,464 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,972 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours