Puglia: Self-Guided Cycling in the Heel of Italy
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,243
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Cycle through Valle d'Itria
- Discover the Adriatic sea's south coast
- Relax on the Torre dell'Orso beach
- Explore Lecce
- Age range
- 14 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Bicycle, Self-Guided
Start in Matera and end in Lecce! With the bicycle tour Puglia: Self-Guided Cycling in the Heel of Italy, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Matera, Italy and 8 other destinations in Italy. Puglia: Self-Guided Cycling in the Heel of Italy includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
3 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on October 8, 20135.0 - ExcellentA lovely holiday in this beautiful unspoilt part of Italy. The accommodation and breakfasts usually excellent.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Eating grapes donated by friendly farmers during their harvest What did you think of your group leader?Self guided tripDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Bring a phrase book as not much English spoken.Is there anything else you would like to add?My husband had a faulty cycle computer which they failed to put right. This was very much a necessity on this self guided trip.
- AnonymousWritten on May 3, 20133.0 - AverageThe hotel in Alberobello was SUBSTANDARD- BAD. Mucky, shower over the toilet, no bedside lights, bedding not clean- in fact appaling. The other accomadation very good and luggage transfer excellent,What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The wild flowere in the fields were magic - just a dream.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Do take your own map as the road book supplied has it right and left turnings muddled.Â I used my own map as often the road map didn't work as traffic lights have been replaced by roundabouts and new road replacing older ones.Is there anything else you would like to add?All in all a good trip.
- AnonymousWritten on June 12, 20125.0 - ExcellentA really lovely part of the world and even nicer to see it from a bike!Each hotel base was in an interesting town with plenty to see and lots of great restaurants.Instructions were mostly easy to follow, we only made one mistake!Bikes, hmmm if you like orange boneshakers, ok!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Cycling from Leuca to Opurto along the coast. Admittedly the bright sunshine helped!What did you think of your group leader?We were self guidedDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Arrange a private transfer before you go. We didnt realise the airport busses are few and far between and spent two hours at Bari airport when we could have been in the hotel pool.If its hot, drink water as often as you can. In England we rarely get dehydrated, so were a bit blase about drinking enough.Carry a thin long sleeved shirt in your panniers. There's no shade on many roads, and your arms get very exposed.Is there anything else you would like to add?We thoroughly enjoyed this trip. My only gripe would be the bikes were heavy and had no front suspension. I would have preferred to pay more for a better one. If this was possible, it wasnt clear.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Matera. Make your own way from Bari or Brindisi to Matera by train or bus
- Day 2: Ride through the historic ‘Sassi’ houses of Matera before heading to the town of Alberobello
- Day 3: Cycle through the lush Valle d'Itria, past the picturesque fairy-tale Trulli houses to hilltop-town of Ostuni
- Day 4: Train to Lecce; cycle through the countryside to Gallipoli on the Ionian Coast with its old town situated on a rocky island
- Day 5: Reach the most southerly point of Salento at Santa Maria di Leuca
- Day 6: Follow the south coast of the Adriatic Sea to the ancient town of Otranto
- Day 7: Continue along the shoreline through innumerable olive groves to the Baroque city of Lecce
- Day 8: End Lecce
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Puglia: Self-Guided Cycling in the Heel of Italy
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridaySep 28, 2018from Matera8 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Lecce6 seats left$157$1,515-10%USD $1,358
- SaturdaySep 29, 2018from Matera8 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to LecceOnly 2 seats left$157$1,515-10%USD $1,358
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Matera8 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Lecce0 seats left$56USD $1,339Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 13, 2018from Matera8 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Lecce6 seats left$152$1,395-11%USD $1,243
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Matera8 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Lecce8 seats left$152$1,395-11%USD $1,243
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Matera is the starting point and Lecce is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 November 2018 the full payment of $1,243 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1243 for Puglia: Self-Guided Cycling in the Heel of Italy, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 323 km.
- Matera (Italy)
- 55 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 8 km
- Locorotondo (Italy)
- 21 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 66 km
- Lecce (Italy)
- 36 km
- Gallipoli (Italy)
- 42 km
- Santa Maria di Leuca (Italy)
- 40 km
- Otranto (Italy)
- 12 km
- Santa Cesarea Terme (Italy)
- 43 km
- Lecce (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,243 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,819 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,962 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours