Puglia Self-Guided Cycling in the Heel of Italy
- Our saving
- US $ 1,529
- +8 Destinations
- Cycle through the picturesque Valle d'Itria
- Discover the magical blue waters of the Adriatic Sea
- Relax on the pristine Torre dell' Orso beach
- Cycle through the quaint streets of Lecce
- Age range
- 14 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Self-Guided Cycling, Adventure, Bicycle, Sightseeing
- Exodus Travels
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Matera. Make your own way from Bari or Brindisi to Matera by train or bus
- Day 2: Ride through the historic ‘Sassi’ houses of Matera before heading to the town of Alberobello
- Day 3: Cycle through the lush Valle d'Itria, past the picturesque fairy-tale Trulli houses to hilltop-town of Ostuni
- Day 4: Train to Lecce; cycle through the countryside to Gallipoli on the Ionian Coast with its old town situated on a rocky island
- Day 5: Reach the most southerly point of Salento at Santa Maria di Leuca
- Day 6: Follow the south coast of the Adriatic Sea to the ancient town of Otranto
- Day 7: Continue along the shoreline through innumerable olive groves to the Baroque city of Lecce
- Day 8: End Lecce
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Rather Poor
- JLJane LoughridgeWritten on October 8, 20135.0 - Excellent
A lovely holiday in this beautiful unspoilt part of Italy. The accommodation and breakfasts usually excellent.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Eating grapes donated by friendly farmers during their harvest What did you think of your... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- EPElizabeth PalethorpeWritten on May 3, 20133.0 - Average
The hotel in Alberobello was SUBSTANDARD- BAD. Mucky, shower over the toilet, no bedside lights, bedding not clean- in fact appaling. The other accomadation very good and luggage transfer excellent,What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ADAlison DaviesWritten on June 12, 20125.0 - Excellent
A really lovely part of the world and even nicer to see it from a bike!Each hotel base was in an interesting town with plenty to see and lots of great restaurants.Instructions were mostly easy to follow, we only made one mistake!Bikes, hmmm if you like... Read moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Is there a guide?
A guide is not included unless otherwise stated on the itinerary.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Laura20th May 2019
Puglia Self-Guided Cycling in the Heel of Italy
- Upcoming departures
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayMar 21, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayMar 28, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$316$1,799-15%USD $1,529Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMar 28, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayApr 4, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$316$1,799-15%USD $1,529Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 4, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayApr 11, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$347$1,979-15%USD $1,682Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 11, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayApr 18, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$347$1,979-15%USD $1,682Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 18, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayApr 25, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$347$1,979-15%USD $1,682Sharing a twin room
- FridayApr 24, 2020from Matera8 DaysFridayMay 1, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$347$1,979-15%USD $1,682Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayApr 25, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayMay 2, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$347$1,979-15%USD $1,682Sharing a twin room
- FridayMay 1, 2020from Matera8 DaysFridayMay 8, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$365$2,079-15%USD $1,767Sharing a twin room
- SaturdayMay 2, 2020from Matera8 DaysSaturdayMay 9, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$365$2,079-15%USD $1,767Sharing a twin room
- FridayMay 8, 2020from Matera8 DaysFridayMay 15, 2020to Lecce8 seats left$365$2,079-15%USD $1,767Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Matera is the starting point and Lecce is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 6 February 2020 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 6 February 2020, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Exodus Travels. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Exodus Travels. Please familiarise yourself with the Exodus Travels payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Matera (Italy)
- 55 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 8 km
- Locorotondo (Italy)
- 21 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 66 km
- Lecce (Italy)
- 36 km
- Gallipoli (Italy)
- 42 km
- Santa Maria di Leuca (Italy)
- 40 km
- Otranto (Italy)
- 12 km
- Santa Cesarea Terme (Italy)
- 43 km
- Lecce (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,529 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,693 tours in Europe
- covered by 533 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 33,256 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours