Dolomites Cross-country Skills Week
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
Start and end in Versciaco di Sopra! With the ski, snowboard & snow tour Dolomites Cross-country Skills Week, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Versciaco di Sopra, Italy. Dolomites Cross-country Skills Week includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, transport.
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
3 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on March 22, 20135.0 - ExcellentA skiing holiday with the emphasis on instruction, for those who want to improve classic technique and try skating technique for the first time.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Trying out the new techniques I had learned out on the loipe on the final days.What did you think of your group leader?Eric Woolley is a highly experienced instructor. Â He is skilled at identifying problems with skiing technique and suggesting remedies and practice exercises.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?The Hotel Helm in Versciaco is of a high standard and the proprietors are welcoming and attentive. Â It is greatly superior to the hotel that Exodus use in nearby Dobbiaco where I stayed the previous year. Â The one small downside is that Versciaco is a hamlet, with limited facilites within walking distance.Is there anything else you would like to add?South Tyrol is an interesting region to visit to see two languages and cultures - German and Italian - having equal status within the same area.
- AnonymousWritten on March 26, 20123.0 - AverageShould I have received a holiday evaluation form? Sorry if I have missed it. On booking this holiday I was told a flight from Manchester could not be arranged, and yet the Thomson Fly flight from Manchester arrived at the destination at about the same time as the flight from Gatwick. Also on the return journey there was a flight returning to Manchester at about the same time as the Gatwick flight. The Manchester option would have saved me two overnight hotel stays, and will influence me with regard to future bookings. I had some problems with my room on arrival at the resort. I had specifically asked if a shared room was available when I booked as the website said 'one place available only'. Yet when I arrived I was on my own, and asked to stay in an annex room of inferior quality for one night only. On return to the hotel on the second day the hotel said there was no alternative room so I had to insist I was found a hotel room of the same quality as the other members of my group. Eric Wolley was very kind in allowing me to move to his room whilst he moved to a nearby house.Eric was a fine tutor.Holiday was good despite the poor quality of snow.Best wishes,Sue Hockland What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?On the last but one day when I started to get the hang of skating...What did you think of your group leader?Eric was a very good leader, probably one of the best for this type of holiday.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Check flight availabilty before you book inclusive with Exodus.Is there anything else you would like to add?I think Joining Instructions are best sent by post. Mine failed to arrive on the due date by e-mail, and maybe there is more chance of this happening with increased reliance on the internet.
- AnonymousWritten on March 7, 20125.0 - ExcellentI did wonder how I would get on learning a new technique like skating after years of trying to stay upright on classical skis, but with Eric and Heather's instruction they had me skating in no time! I think it really helped my balance to do 2 days of classical first and then the rest of the week skating (although there was the option of reverting to classical for the last 2 days if you wanted) What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?We had our own mini relay biathlon race, with foam pellets to shoot at a target after skating round a circuit.Â Everybodies skating improved dramatically with the competitive edge coming out in all the teams!What did you think of your group leader?Eric and Heather - absolutely brilliant instructors.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Layers is the key to wearing the rightÂ clothes for skiing.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Versciaco di Sopra.
- Day 2-4: Three days of ski tuition
- Day 5: Free day.
- Day 6-7: Two further days of skiing.
- Day 8: End Versciaco di Sopra.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Versciaco di Sopra.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Dolomites Cross-country Skills Week, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Versciaco di Sopra (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,980 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours