Cross-country Skiing: Mosstrond
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 34:55:42
- Our saving
- US $ 1,618
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Explore the shores of the frozen Lake Mosvatn
- Discover new routes & trails every day
- Experience the local way of life
- Enjoy isolated off track skiing
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
3 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on February 26, 20135.0 - ExcellentYou know it is not going to be your ordinary ski holiday when you step out of your minibus in the dark, sit down on a piece of foam rubber on a trailer on the back of the skidoo and are whisked into nothingness at a temperature of around minus fifteen. Come morning, after sleep in a comfortable bunk, nothingness reveals itself as frozen lake surrounded by mountains that look like cumulous clouds, everything white apart from wavering charcoal strokes of birch trees. And it's all yours to ski - a real adventure.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The summit of Falcon's Ridge. A challenging ski up and an eye-watering ski down. Also the daily return to tea and cake. We'd ski home across the lake to 'our' island speculating what sort of cake today.What did you think of your group leader?Phillip is great, a ski enthusiast to his fingertips who knows the area practically rock by rock and tree by tree.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?You do need to be fit. Six hours a day on ski, going up or down most of the time. It is more demanding than downhill.Is there anything else you would like to add?Take a couple of books and a bottle of Scotch. You may not finish the books but (with a little help from your friends) you will probably finish the Scotch.
- AnonymousWritten on February 25, 20135.0 - ExcellentWonderful 'out of the way' location. Real sense of what cross-country skiing in Norway is aboutWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Reaching the top of a mountainWhat did you think of your group leader?GoodDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Be flexible and go with the flow.
- AnonymousWritten on February 27, 20115.0 - ExcellentClassic totally off-piste skiing, making our own tracks through the woods and up to higher open ground and summits. Great views to Gausta to the south and up Mósvatn to the north, fabulous descents in deep powder, finding our own way through the trees. Remote - saw only one other person all week!Food was excellent, especially the vegetarian meals which were the best we've had in Norway.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Sunrises over Gausta at breakfast time.Â Great last day tour up to Lacksanuten summit, sunbathing on the topÂ at lunch in spite of a cold start and a wonderful descent into the woods in the afternoon.Â What did you think of your group leader?Philip knows the area intimately and can tailor routes to the skills of all the party and the weather conditions.Â Bjorn played a major role picking the specific routes and giving technical tips.Â Optional telemarking coaching session mid-week. Leaders obviously knew exactly what they were doing.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?MÃ³sstrond is quite remote - no shop or bar at the hut (so bring your own!).Â All bedding and towels provided.Â A great centre if you enjoy the empty wide-open spaces.Â The Turisthytte has all mod cons.Lots of potential for longer days later in the season.Â All routes start with a (relatively) short ski across the lake; there can be a cool breeze.Â Make sure you take spare warm clothing for lunch stops.Â Is there anything else you would like to add?Good to see Exodus running off-track holidays again!Â The area has huge scope for touring at high grades.Â
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Mosstrond.
- Day 2: Start of six days of cross-country skiing
- Day 3: Tour to Dalstudden
- Day 4: Tour to Laksanuten
- Day 5: Tour to Tjorndalen
- Day 6: Tours similar to previous days
- Day 7: Tours similar to previous days
- Day 8: End Mosstrond
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marcia9th August 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Cross-country Skiing: Mosstrond
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from Oslo8 DaysSundayFeb 17, 2019to Oslo8 seats left$167$1,785-9%USD $1,618
- SundayFeb 17, 2019from Oslo8 DaysSundayFeb 24, 2019to Oslo8 seats left$167$1,785-9%USD $1,618
- SundayMar 3, 2019from Oslo8 DaysSundayMar 10, 2019to OsloOnly 1 seat left$167$1,785-9%USD $1,618Book Now Hold my
- SundayFeb 9, 2020from Oslo8 DaysSundayFeb 16, 2020to Oslo8 seats left$169$1,825-9%USD $1,656
- SundayFeb 16, 2020from Oslo8 DaysSundayFeb 23, 2020to Oslo8 seats left$169$1,825-9%USD $1,656
- SundayMar 1, 2020from Oslo8 DaysSundayMar 8, 2020to Oslo8 seats left$169$1,825-9%USD $1,656
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Oslo.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $1,618 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1618 for Cross-country Skiing: Mosstrond, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Oslo (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,618 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,853 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 22,216 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours