Tatra Winter Activity Week
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,387
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Cherish the view over the ridges of the Belianske Tatras
- Enjoy cross-country skiing at Strbske Pleso Lake
- Try out dogsledding in Zakopane
- Go for downhill sledding in Hrebienok
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
13 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on April 13, 20135.0 - ExcellentA brilliant week of varied activities, great food and drink, fantastic people and a thoroughly enjoyable and refreshing experience.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Funnily enough my personal favourite was the last day - sledging (down a ski slope)Â - although made more exciting by 5 of usÂ joining hands and going down backwards! Probably the most simple activity but due to the relationship of the group and the fact that everyone was willing to try anything fun and new it was such a good laugh and really rounded the holiday off in a way we couldn't imagine beforehand. Dog sledding was also a must not miss activity (unless it's too hot for the dogs, possibly in late Feb - March).What did you think of your group leader?Very good. Altough it was clear she was inexperienced at leading a group on thisÂ particular trip, she was very pleasant and made us all feel very welcome. Her only failing was not knowig all the locations and activities 100%, but this quickly proved not to be a huge problem. I particularly enjoyed discussing the history of Slovakia and her fascinating youth with her - a very interesting and warm person.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Yes, go on this trip! Excellent value (I spent a lot less than I budgeted for). I took EuÂ 350 with me and only spend 200. Plus the actual cost os pretty lowÂ for a trip of this kind. Food and drink is the only expense and it is very good value and a complete pleasure at that.Is there anything else you would like to add?If you have never skied and are interested or simply like the idea of a winter snow break, this is for you. My only reservation would be for seasoned downhill skiers or snowboarders, this may not be as exciting as you are used to - saying that I had been on 4 previous dedicated skiing holidays andÂ totally loved it.
- AnonymousWritten on February 17, 20134.0 - GoodThis was a great week's holiday, in the company of a group of like-minded and interesting people. The whole experience was memorable, and anyone looking for an alternative holiday playing in the snow, exerting some energy, and learning new skills, should book this trip. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The silence all around on the first day show-shoeing was unique.Â Sitting in a thermal pool, relaxing in the bubbles, whilst a blizzard of snow span around overhead!What did you think of your group leader?Very knowledgable and friendly. Always prepared to help the group in any way and joined in with everything.
- AnonymousWritten on February 15, 20135.0 - ExcellentAn excellent, action packed week in the snow. Excellent hotel and leaderWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Swimming in a blizzard in the outdoor pool in ZakopaneWhat did you think of your group leader?Marta was an excellent leader, she thought of everythingDo you have any advice for potential travellers?Make sure your downhill skis are waxed before leaving the hire shop.Is there anything else you would like to add?Make sure you are fit for the snow-shoeing day - it's quite a long trudge. I'd highly recommend this week for the variety of activities.
- AnonymousWritten on February 13, 20134.0 - GoodThis is a very speciall activity week because it involves almost all winter sports just in one week. Some trips are for skiing only which is boring.I loved and enjoyed every minute of it. It was AWESOME.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?To see people of all ages in my group.Everybody prepared to do things together,pulling towards the same direction.When one falls, others wait and helped.Â What did you think of your group leader?She was amazing, but i think the group was a bit large i think we should ve had two leaders.There was fast moving and slow moving members of the group which was making it difficult for everybody.It was unfair for fast movers to keep waiting all the time, but the group leader kept trying to satisfy everybody.At some stage there was an injured person,who needed attention and as the group leader was alone she could not leave the group yet she could not rush to hospital. Luckily the injury was minor which you cannot say its minor really because the Xray was the only solution. Anyway the problem was solved at the end of the day.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go for it its an amazing experience. Its affordable and very exciting, i might take my friends next time.Is there anything else you would like to add?I like Exodus and i would request to do some paymentsÂ maybe monthly and thenÂ choose the trip when i ve accumulated enough money for the trip.Is it possible?Â
- AnonymousWritten on January 25, 20135.0 - ExcellentA great mix of activities in the snow which allows first timers to sample and see what is worth pursuing.A very comfortable, well located hotel , and a very conscientious and hard working guide. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Most times Â in the minibus ,seeing the mix of trees covered in frost and snow, in the various lanscapes we passed throughWhat did you think of your group leader?Very knowledgeable on environment / National Park issues, Slovakian history, well organised , kind andÂ Â very thoughtful . (Also Â an expert on making a very rare Slovakian folk instrument, which he Â played for us )Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?All activities Â are at Â beginners Â level, and there is no problem in opting out Â at any point.The local tram service is Â warm , clean and very good valueIs there anything else you would like to add?Great informal atmosphere in hotel, with helpful staff who all speak English.Unlikely to be a better mix of activities to sample the delights of Â a winter Â snow holiday, with thermal pool bathing, folk museum and sleigh rides tooÂ
- AnonymousWritten on January 23, 20134.0 - GoodA damn good holiday, packed with lots of fun & laughter!!Highly reccomended.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?One of the most amazing moments for us was the absolutly fantastic views of the Tatras mountains & woodlands over the Cross Country Sking activity. Wow future fellow travellers on a sunny clear day they will truly take your breath away.The morning with the huskys sledging was awesome, so too was the afternoon relaxing in the thermal pools....Please try all three, the 3rd one has a cave feature with lighting, beautiful when the night ski appears!!!The Nordic horse carriage ride was fab too with a warm welcome awaiting us at the log cabin with roaring open fire burning.What did you think of your group leader?Peter was our guide for the week...a really, really nice fellow nothing was too much trouble for him.Very informative with his local knowledge.BUT...for complete novices like ourselves on most of the activitys his direction & instruction we found quite poor, so much so we found ourselves asking the other more experienced members of our groupÂ for their help & we also found he payed too much attention to the front of the group & not enough to the back of the group which needed his guidance much more.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?The hotel was in a very quite part of town & we really struggled to find anywhere open after 9.00pm at night, thank god for the hotel bar which stayed open untill 12.00pm each night.By the way the hotel was really comfortable with the added bonus of relaxing in the Sauna & Jaccuzi each night. Please note these do need booking each morning has they can get quite busy, but to be honest we never had any problems using them.Is there anything else you would like to add?Bloody fantastic holiday with a really good group of people...Now feel the need for another holiday just to get over this one!.
- AnonymousWritten on March 12, 20124.0 - GoodThis was my second trip with Exodus and whilst I enjoyed the itinerary and companions of the first trip the guide at times was useless. I am however glad that this didn't put me off using Exodus again as Erik, our guide for the winter activities trip, was no less than exceptional. The activities were fun and well co-ordinated and were at times juggled by Erik to ensure we had the best experience possible.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The husky dog sledding for me was by far the highlight and I just wish I could have spent more time with them. The locals were exceptionally friendly and we were still seen as a bit of a novelty.What did you think of your group leader?Out of all the tours I have done with different companies I would say that Erik ranked up there with the best, if not the best, tour leaders I've come across.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go do it, have fun.
- AnonymousWritten on March 12, 20124.0 - GoodA superb holiday, thanks to a really excellent tour leader named Erik and a really great group of fellow travellers. We all went out together for dinner most nights. It was lovely to be able to try out all these different winter activities with tuition at beginner level.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I really loved the dog sledding because the huskys are such a friendly breed. That morningÂ flew by it was just not long enough. IÂ would have likedÂ to have spent the whole day at this activity but not at the expence of the thermal baths which were lovely and relaxing.As a group we had some good laughs, myÂ funniest moment was when I took off my snow shoes andÂ tried to walk disappearing up to my thighs in the snow I just couldnt stop laughing. This was captured on cameraÂ by the rest of the group.Â I thoroughly enjoyed every day and every activity although my muscles might have told a different story!!What did you think of your group leader?Erik was our group leader and he was second to none. A great guy very helpful, pleasant and fun and nothing was too much trouble. He even carried my equipment when I was struggling and gave me a lift when it was very icy.Â He also managed to arrange a massage for me at the pension which was really good and set me up for the next days activity. I would definately consider another tour with Erik as leader.Â Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?I would say that although the pension was clean. It definately was not 5 star! The beds were incredibly hard and pillows not much better. If youÂ do not like light when trying to sleep take an eye mask as the room doors have a glass panel and a lot of them did not have curtains. I also found my ear plugs essential - I was notÂ sharing so the things that went bump in the night were not down to a room mate!Â Is there anything else you would like to add?What can I say - I had a wonderful time and wish I was back there now.
- AnonymousWritten on February 15, 20125.0 - ExcellentGreat opportunity to try out winter sports without needing any previous knowledge or experience. Lots of variety and good snowWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The dogsWhat did you think of your group leader?Peter was a fantastic guide. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he made the holiday special because of this.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take some tea bags and watch out for the tatratea! it's stronger than you think!Is there anything else you would like to add?Food requires a palate for cabbage and vegetarians will struggle to find any dish on a menu in Slovakia that doesn't come with meat. The 'pigs knee' is a good choice for meat lovers!
- AnonymousWritten on February 6, 20123.0 - AverageGreat for experiencing a variety of winter activities in one trip, also great to meet new like minded people.What did you think of your group leader?The group leader was Peter and he was very good. He couldn't do enough for you andÂ his enthusiasmÂ for the activities rubs off on everyone.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Â Most restuarants are closed by 2130hrs and although the days are tiring, it's still too early for bed so make sure you take cards or a game that everyone can participate in, as there's next to nothing to do at night. It's also advisable, if you like alcohol, to pick some up from duty free or the airport. Is there anything else you would like to add?Go with an open mind and enjoy yourself to the max!!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Smokovec.
- Day 2: A full day introduction to snowshoeing.
- Day 3: Cross-country skiing instruction followed by a guided itinerary at Strbske Pleso.
- Day 4: A trip to Zakopane for dogsledding: tour of the town, afternoon visit to the thermal pools at Bukowina Tatranska.
- Day 5: Transfer to the downhill slopes for some skiing or snowboarding (instruction available, payable locally).
- Day 6: Free day to choose from the many activities and attractions, such as the Belianska Cave.
- Day 7: Cable car ride up to Hrebienok for winter walk, afternoon horse and sleigh tour of Zdiar village and picnic in the forest.
- Day 8: End Smokovec, Tatras Mountains.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Tatra Winter Activity Week
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayDec 30, 2018from Krakow8 DaysSundayJan 6, 2019to Krakow8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
- SundayJan 20, 2019from Krakow8 DaysSundayJan 27, 2019to Krakow8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
- SundayJan 27, 2019from Krakow8 DaysSundayFeb 3, 2019to Krakow8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
- SundayFeb 3, 2019from Krakow8 DaysSundayFeb 10, 2019to Krakow8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
- SundayFeb 24, 2019from Krakow8 DaysSundayMar 3, 2019to Krakow8 seats left$158$1,545-10%USD $1,387
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Poland and Slovakia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Poland and Slovakia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Poland and Slovakia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Krakow.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 November 2018 the full payment of $1,387 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1387 for Tatra Winter Activity Week, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 328 km.
- Krakow (Poland)
- 105 km
- Stary Smokovec (Slovakia)
- 15 km
- Zdiar (Slovakia)
- 22 km
- Strbske Pleso (Slovakia)
- 21 km
- Zakopane (Poland)
- 12 km
- Bukowina Tatrzanska (Poland)
- 23 km
- Tatranska Lomnica (Slovakia)
- 13 km
- Poprad (Slovakia)
- 25 km
- Zdiar (Slovakia)
- 91 km
- Krakow (Poland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,387 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,876 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,980 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours