Start planning your tour
- Explore Sarajevo's remote mountain ranges
- Snowshoe around the villages of Umoljani & Gradina
- Cross the famous old bridge in Mostar
- Follow crystal-clear streams to glacial lakes
Start and end in Sarajevo! With the hiking & trekking tour Snowshoeing & Winter Walking on Bosnia’s Olympic Mountains, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Sarajevo, Bosnia and 6 other destinations in Bosnia. Snowshoeing & Winter Walking on Bosnia’s Olympic Mountains includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Start Sarajevo.
- Day 2: Transfer 1.5 hours to Umoljani Village on the Olympic mountain of Bjelasnica. Snowshoe to Visocica Mountain and Crveni Kuk Peak (1733m).
- Day 3: Snowshoeing around the villages of Umoljani and Gradina, including the cascades of Studeni Potok, Rakitnica Canyon and Saruk Peak (1828m).
- Day 4: Ascend to a spectacular ridge with views across to Montenegro, continue to Babin Do ski resort.
- Day 5: Walk through spruce and fir forest to a mountain hut on Igman Mountain, see two 1984 Olympic sites. Overnight in Sarajevo.
- Day 6: Free day to explore the fascinating city of Sarajevo, or for an optional visit to the city of Mostar with its famous old bridge.
- Day 7: To Trebevic peak (1629m) for spectacular views of the surrounding area.
- Day 8: End Sarajevo.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AOlwen BeavenMarch 08, 2012We had a great holiday - in spite of the extreme weather conditions which meant that the itinerary had to be re-scheduled somewhat - I've never seen quite so much snow! The countryside was beautiful, the Bosnian people seem warm and friendly and with so... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARuth TollerMarch 04, 2012A week before we set out we wondered if it would happen because of too much snow, but it did and we had a great time. It wasn't possible to do the itinerary as planned because of the amount of snow but the leaders always had good alternatives to ensure... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AKaren AshMarch 03, 2012Fabulous unspoit countryside, amazing people, interesting culture and a desire to return to Bosnia to explore even more of the country. Energetic, energizing holiday and will be snow-shoeing again!What was the most inspirational moment of your... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARichard TollerFebruary 28, 2012Marvelllous adventure in a beautiful country which was under record amounts of snow at the time of our visit. This meant the itinerary had to be changed but our leaders Samer and Lorenc always had great alternatives for us to enjoy.What was the most... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ANicholas GrayMarch 25, 2011Third snowshoeing trip with Exodus and the most varied yet. A brilliant way to combine snowshoeing with ancient & modern history in a fascinating country.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Getting to the tops of well chosen peaks with... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ACatherine McErleanMarch 01, 2011A truely memorable holiday. Our guides were outstanding and so helpful throughout the week. I learnt so much about the history of Bosnia and its culture and customs. The snoe showing was exhilarating, walking through beautiful mountains and forests in... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Snowshoeing & Winter Walking on Bosnia’s Olympic Mountains
From Sarajevo to Sarajevo
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- SundayFeb 2, 2020SundayFeb 9, 2020See Similar Tours For These Dates$1,379
- SundayMar 8, 2020SundayMar 15, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,399
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar