Engadin Ski Marathon
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 46:48:14
- Our saving
- US $ 2,386
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
- Ski the picturesque slopes surrounding Zernez
- Go for a half or full ski marathon
- Discover the snow-capped mountains
- Enjoy the challenging race day
- Age range
- 18 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
6 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on March 18, 20135.0 - ExcellentWhat an amazing even to take part in! It was a great week of excellent tuition culminating in an awesome day at the ski marathon. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The excited masses at the start line, in the sunshine, in a lovely valley, set to dramatic music, about to do something that most people back in the UK think is a bit mental. And they didn't even see the skiers with trailers of beer.... Being cheered on by spectators calling out your name (it's on your race number).The warm congratulations from Eric at the finish line!What did you think of your group leader?Brilliant - as usual. Eric is really patient and relaxed with the group and has a good knack of getting the technique through to people. I've seen a real improvement in my skiing with his assistance.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Do it - it is so much fun!Â But don't forget your suncream...Is there anything else you would like to add?Don't be put off by the fact that it is a marathon - there are all sorts of shapes, sizes, skiing abilitiesÂ and fancy dress outfits taking part. It's worth it.
- AnonymousWritten on March 12, 20135.0 - ExcellentA fantastic experience!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Waiting on the starting line surrounded by 13,000 competitors and bright blue skies - awesome!What did you think of your group leader?Eric Woolley was fantastic - excellent instruction meant that all the group completed the race in really good times. He made sure the week ran smoothly and everyone had a great holiday.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?If you are looking for a challenge with a difference then this is the trip for you!Is there anything else you would like to add?The hotel in Zernez is great. The food served is more like you would find in a four or five star hotel and the bircher museli served and breakfast was amazing!
- AnonymousWritten on March 12, 20135.0 - ExcellentFirst timer - but possibly not the last...What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I'd never entered a marathon distance of any sport, let alone cross-country skiing (I'd previously done an intro week wth Exodus at Seefeld, Austria) - so the elation of finishing AND well under my expected time was a bit overwhelming and many thousands of people saw me cry like a baby (with joy!) at the finish line.What did you think of your group leader?Eric is a one-off - his leaderships skills, knowledge of the sport and keeness to help others reach their best is inspiring - and the fact it's all rolled up in a package of good fun is a bonus.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Don't be put off by the daunting word 'marathon' - I know it sounds scary BUT the lead-up days of prep and the groupÂ camaraderie takes the stress out of it, and, with the festival atmosphere of the day coupled with the adrenaline, you'll get through it. I'm not saying it's not a challenge - you will need to be fit and you will need grit determination but without the rest of the group I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much. Â Is there anything else you would like to add?Take travel wash with you - because this is a week of sweat (but no tears!)
- AnonymousWritten on March 22, 20125.0 - ExcellentFantastic holiday, leaving me with a real sense of achivement on completing the Engadin ski marathon. The race itself was the pinnacle of a very enjoyable week - good hotel, good crowd of people, and a nice mix of tuition and preparation in skiing the race course over two days.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Finishing the Engadin ski marathon after not having been on cross-country skis in 20 years! And getting down Mattress Alley in one piece...What did you think of your group leader?Eric and Heather Woolley were superb instructors and looked after us brilliantly, whether it be organising transport, ski preparation, or simply the menu for that night's dinner. They planned the week to perfection to give us all the skills and confidence required to complete the race, and made the trip a lot of fun - the 'biathalon' with toy guns and foam pellets certainly brought out the competitive side of our team, with two of us falling in our haste to get around the course as quickly as we could.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Make sure you're reasonably fit beforehand - in particular, I found double poling for 13 or so miles to put quite a strain on my back, & was glad that I do a lot of back strengthening exercises in the gym. If I went again I'd seriously consider taking some skate skiing lessons on roller skis with the view to being able to skate, rather than classic ski - skating takes more skill, but is far more efficient.Is there anything else you would like to add?Switzerland is an expensive country, but very pleasant - the trains were a lovely way to travel along the valley to access different parts of the course. However, if you're looking for a lively nightlife, you've probably picked the wrong holiday... Lastly, if you're thinking of booking this trip, have done some skiing, and have reasonable fitness then go for it. All our group completed the course & went home happy! And if you want a taste of what you're letting yourself in for, check out the videos on YouTube.
- AnonymousWritten on June 23, 20115.0 - ExcellentWhat can I say, an amazing experience, fantastic challenge and superb leader.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?This was my first cross-country ski marathon and I now can't wait to do another. In my opinion I think it is physically easier than a running marathon but that is not to underestimate it. You still have to have experience in cross-country skiing and going to the gym beforehand definitely pays off come race day! The whole atmosphere on race day was fantastic and there was a great camaraderie amongst the group. Everyone in the group finished the race and received a medal before having a well deserved beer and hotdog!What did you think of your group leader?Eric really helped to make this week. He ensured everything ran like clockwork and helped us to all be prepared come race day.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go for it!
- AnonymousWritten on March 21, 20115.0 - ExcellentA superb week. Great skiing on lovely tracks, a great crowd, and all culminating in the buzz of completing my first cross-country ski marathon. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Signing on for the ski marathon and exploring the marathon village the day beforeÂ the race was great. ItÂ made me feel IÂ was part of a huge event. The countdown to the start of the marathon wasÂ really exciting, knowing that I was about to doÂ this with 13,000 other people. But I'll never forget the thrill of hearing the crowds lining the route shouting out my name as I wentÂ up a hill (our race bibs had our name on them), accompanined by a 'hup hup hup' and the sound of Swiss cow bells.What did you think of your group leader?Eric is a hero. His teaching, constant encouragement and great sense of humour are legendary. Everybody's skiing improved as a result of Eric's coaching, which helped no end when it came to the marathon.Â He covered all aspects of the event in the days leading up to the marathon so we wereÂ fully prepared, and the whole whole week ran as smoothly as, well, a Swiss train.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?You get aÂ real buzzÂ taking part in a great mass-participation event, and a huge sense of achievement at the end. It's good to take thin layers of clothing as you can getÂ quite hot while skiing.Â
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Zernez.
- Day 2: Warm up day
- Day 3: Skiing part of the marathon course
- Day 4: Taking to the higher routes.
- Day 5: Final day of training.
- Day 6: Pre-race preperation
- Day 7: Race day
- Day 8: End Zernez
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Shereen22nd June 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Engadin Ski Marathon
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- MondayMar 4, 2019from Zernez8 DaysMondayMar 11, 2019to Zernez7 seats left$199$2,585-8%USD $2,386Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Zernez.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $2,386 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2386 for Engadin Ski Marathon, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Zernez (Switzerland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,386 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,853 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 22,220 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours