Highlights of Nicaragua
- Join a walking tour of Granada
- Take a ferry to Ometepe Island
- Visit Nicaraguan handicraft markets
- Explore the Cerro Negro Volcano
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
4 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on December 7, 20125.0 - ExcellentStunning scenery, volcanoes galore, amazing wildlife and glorious sun. A truly memorable adventure.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?It felt as if there was an inspirational moment every day. Â The walk on Maderas volcano was breathtaking (in more ways than one). Â Once we had reached the viewpoint the vista of Concepion volcano was wonderful.Seeing turtles come ashore to lay their eggs on La Flor beach will be a lasting memory of the trip. Â The starlight night, the moon slowing sinking behind the horizon and the sparkling plankton all added to the experience.Â What did you think of your group leader?Juan enthusiasm for his country was infectious. Â Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Â It anyone said "I wonder if we could do......." Juan would organise it so people could do what had been suggested if they wished. Â Throughout Juan ensured that our visit benefitted the local community whilst not having a negative impact on the environment. Â Never had a group leader who was so passionate about the environment from encouaging the group to fill up water bottles in hotels (to reduce waste generated) to picking up any litter he encountered on walks. Â On top of all this he had a cracking sense of humour.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Go now. Â Nicaragua is still developing as a tourist destination ensuring that places you visit are not over run with people. Â However there is a good infrastructure.Take a water bottle. Â Ample places to top up with purified water for free as well as reducing plastic waste. Â A headtorch also comes in handy for the turtle watching.Â Is there anything else you would like to add?This was one of the best Exodus trips I have been on for sustainability. Â We stayed in hotels where the profits were used to promote the rights and wellbeing of disadvantaged sections of the local community. Â
- AnonymousWritten on December 4, 20125.0 - ExcellentA very well organised trip. Good balance of town visits ,beach and wildlife, helped through having very knowledgable tour guide.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The most memorable part of the trip was the climb to the top of the volcano. But a close second was the beach trip at night to watch the turtles.The moonlight on the sea , the translucent waves and the star studded sky made the experience magical.What did you think of your group leader?excellent . His enthusiasm and knowledge was infectious . nothing was too much trouble for him.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?just really consider this trip. It was worth every penny and should be promoted.
- AnonymousWritten on December 3, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis was one of the best Exodus trips that I have done (and I have done a few!). Nicaragua is a beautiful country with lots to see and do
- AnonymousWritten on December 3, 20125.0 - ExcellentFantastic trip! Amazing scenery & wildlife. Volcanoes galore! So far Nicaragua isn't over-run with tourists so visit NOW before everyone else realises how great it is....What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The whole trip was fab! Every day had something memorable about it.Hiking up Maderas volcano & seeing the view of the perfect volcano, Conception (Ometepe island) was truly breathtaking.Seeing turtles laying eggs & baby turtles hatching on La Flor beach under moonlight was really special. I've never seen such a starry sky either. Hiking up (& running down) Cerro Negro volcano was so much fun - didn't mind looking like a chimney sweep afterwards! Swimming in the crater lake after Cerro Negro was delicious - we had the place to ourselves and it was so peaceful & warm. To be able to wash off all the soot from Cerro Negro made it even better!Â What did you think of your group leader?Juan is excellent - always smiling, friendly & professional. Very knowledgeable. Excellent english & good sense of humour. Everything was so well organised from transport, hotels, restaurants to options of activities. He is very passionate about his country & the environment.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Visit Nicaragua ASAP before everyone else finds out how fab it is!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Granada.
- Day 2: Granada walking tour; boat tour of Las Isletas.
- Day 3: Mombacho Volcano walk; visit Las Flores coffee plantation.
- Day 4: Visit Laguna de Apoyo.
- Day 5: To San Juan del Sur; optional visit to nesting turtles (in season).
- Day 6: Free day for optional excursions.
- Day 7: To Ometepe Island.
- Day 8: Hike to Maderas Volcano.
- Day 9: Depart Ometepe; visit Masaya market and Los Pueblos Blancos; to León.
- Day 10: Morning city tour; afternoon optional hike on Telica volcano.
- Day 11: Explore Cerro Negro Volcano; to Managua.
- Day 12: End Managua.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Are you able to book me share accommodations since I am travelling solo, or will I be required to pay a single supplement?
Yes, we will be able to match you with another solo traveler, or you have the option of arranging a single supplement. Please contact us if you'd like information about the single supplement option for this tour.
Are there transfers available on this trip?
Exodus operates a FREE transfer to / from Managua airport, if you are able to coincide your flights with the UK group flights.
Private airport transfers can be arranged for an extra cost per direction.
I'm a solo traveller and wondering if there's a chance of me not paying a single supplement?
You will be sharing a room with a same gender traveller, so you wont need to pay for the single supplement.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Nicaragua. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Managua.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Highlights of Nicaragua, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Managua (Nicaragua)
- 39 km
- Granada (Nicaragua)
- 4 km
- Isletas de Granada (Nicaragua)
- 9 km
- Reserva Nacional Volcan Mombacho (Nicaragua)
- 13 km
- Laguna de Apyo (Nicaragua)
- 8 km
- Granada (Nicaragua)
- 76 km
- San Juan Del Sur (Nicaragua)
- 15 km
- Playa La Flor (Nicaragua)
- 33 km
- Rivas (Nicaragua)
- 24 km
- Ometepe Island (Nicaragua)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,724 tours in Latin America
- covered by 144 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 4,150 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Latin America tours