Lycian Activity Week
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Try scuba diving course
- Enjoy an impressive Kibris Canyon
- Spend a day sea kayaking near Kekova Island
- Explore forest and coastal roads by bike
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
Start and end in Dalaman! With the adventure tour Lycian Activity Week, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Dalaman, Turkey and 4 other destinations in Turkey. Lycian Activity Week includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
159 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on November 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentSuch a well organised week crammed with great activities in a beautiful setting with plenty of time to relax and enjoy the sunshine and KasWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?All of it in its own way. Food was great. The whole week was well organised. Each activity had its own challenges but the canyoning was particularly challenging. All made better by being fortunate to have small friendly group.What did you think of your group leader?Maho - action man himself. A legend. Well organised and knowledgeable. I felt in safe hands all of the time. We had a briefing each evening about the next day - what we were doing and where, what's was expected, what clothes to wear etc.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Definitely advise some kind of base layer for under the wetsuit when canyoning - there is quite a bit of waiting around at the beginning and it gets a bit cold until you get going again. Hiking boots definitely a good idea but they also have a few spare old boots that can be borrowed but most of them were not in a good way. Just follow the kit list particular to this holiday and listen to what Maho tells you and let him do the organising.Is there anything else you would like to add?An awesome week and such a great opportunity to try new things and meet new people. I will definitely booking a holiday with Exodus again
- AnonymousWritten on October 12, 20135.0 - ExcellentThe excitement that built prior to the holiday was far exceeded by the reality. The variety of activities was excellent and the group we were with were all great people.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Decisions, Decisions. Scuba diving was out of this world. I thought it would be simply swimming underwater with a tank on my back. Wrong. It is an experience not to be missed and the instructors are to be commended for their patience and expertise. But then there's the canyoning. For someone who was petrified of heights, this was the cure, scary but great fun all at the same time, and then there was Maho's awe inspiring abilities. Once saving a damsel in distress, and then making a zip line in 20 minutes, pure genius. Mountain biking and the meal were awesome, great views and a real test. Fair to say the whole trip was inspirational from the first minute to the last.What did you think of your group leader?There are rave reviews on here about Maho (legend is used a few times) and I thought they must be way over the top. They're not. He is an exceptionally talented man with extreme patience and an amazingly dry sense of humour. If he says it is safe, it's safe. The aforementioned saving of a damsel in distress on the 50 metre abseil was jaw droppingly awe inspiring, like something from an action movie played out for real. His evening briefings were essential listening.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?I am 50 and the oldest member of our group was 68 ( though possibly 37) but a fair level of fitness is required. I know I couldn't have completed this a year ago before I started regular exercise. Cycling gloves would be highly recommended and a waterproof digital camera should be on everyone's list of packing. If you're relatively fit and want a different challenge every day, and plenty of free time too, then don't hesitate.Is there anything else you would like to add?The town of Kas is so friendly and the people amazing. Try the Naturel Turkish Kitchen, especially the lamb stew and lamb curry. Brace yourself for the holiday of a lifetime.
- AnonymousWritten on October 7, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis is the best trip of it's kind. Something new and exciting every day as well as the chance to meet 15 other likeminded people! I've done it twice.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I can't say that there was one inspirational day or moment, it's just generally a thoroughly enjoyable week. At the end of the first day after tubing, gorge walking and hiking, we went to a beach and it was really windy but beautiful. Six of us got straight in the sea and it was an amazing end to the first day.What did you think of your group leader?Oz was organised and helpful but Yasar who was also on the trip all week is my favourite. He was on the trip I did 4 years ago and his super friendly personality couldn't fali to make you smile. He's a pleasure to be around and extremely competent in a canyon, on a bike, in a kayak and just about everything else!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?The Canyoning day is challenging, be prepared to get pretty cold at times, but there's a great sense of achievement at the end. Don't think that because this is an active holiday there's not room for partying, there certainly is! Kas is a great place for a few drinks in the evening, Red Door is opened til 3 a.m.Is there anything else you would like to add?If this is the first holiday you've done on your own, don't think about it any longer, just book it. It was the first solo holiday I ever booked and it was the best decisionÂ I ever made, I have been on many since but this was the best. Both times I've met some great people, one ofÂ whom is now a very close friend.
- AnonymousWritten on October 7, 20135.0 - Excellentgreat group, fun tour guides, different activities everyday but never felt rushed or herdedWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?abseiling and paragliding were great. Scuba diving was great once I relaxed. sea kayaking was hard workWhat did you think of your group leader?great- funny and entertaining. Knowledgable and safety conscious all at the same timeDo you have any advice for potential travellers?have fun, try it all and smile the whole wayIs there anything else you would like to add?a little more than I would usually spend on a weeks holiday in the sun but well worth it as the hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. The tour guides worked hard all week to keep us all in check and we had a really great time with outgoing and like minded people
- AnonymousWritten on September 6, 20135.0 - ExcellentA fantastic week with a good balance between activity and relaxation.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Jumping into clear rock pools and actually feeling a bit chilly at times wearing a 6 mm wetsuit in 35 degree heat while canyoning!Â Paragliding over Kas is a must and the mountain biking was great.Â Kas is beautiful and the Turkish hospitality extremely friendly.What did you think of your group leader?Maho was energetic and enthusiastic and clearly knew his stuff. He interacted fully with the group and made some great recommendations for dinner. His evening briefings became the stuff of legends...Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Padded shorts!!!Is there anything else you would like to add?A great week with great people and a diverse range of activities. You really can do as little or as much as you like (I recommend the latter)!
- AnonymousWritten on August 6, 20135.0 - ExcellentLots of fun trying out new activities.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Well, all the activities were excellent, the tubing was great and the kayaking, but even the mountain biking (lots of downhill with a late lunch at the house of a charming Turkish lady) and walking were great and the scuba diving was something I would never have done normally, but enjoyed. My daughters loved the kanyoning the best.What did you think of your group leader?Very well-organized, as is the whole trip!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Try it! ( but don't go in July and August if you can't take the heat.) A great holiday! Is there anything else you would like to add?It was a perfect holiday for me and my two daughters, as it was an active holiday but nothing too strenuous, apart from perhaps the mountain biking where the support mini-bus was there to give anyone a ride who needed a rest! There was some time to relax by the pool too. Bonding with the group was easy, even though we were all different ages as there was always a new experience to comment on. I didn't do the kanyoning as I'm afraid of heights, but I would have loved to as the rest of the group loved every minute, and the photos show that!Â Since going on this holiday I'm much more likely to Â go kayaking, white water rafting, scuba diving etc again, it's just so much better than simply sitting on a beach!Only downside were the bathrooms where the showers flooded the floor, but views from the balconies were amazing.Â
- AnonymousWritten on August 1, 20134.0 - GoodA great week of various activities around the beautiful town of Kas,meeting other travellers and making friends.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The optional paragliding is a must,flying high above Kas in the sunshine.A perfect day.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take cycling gloves with you for the day mounting biking,it is very rocky and tough on your hands,also come in handy for the sea kayaking.Is there anything else you would like to add?There are plenty of great restaurants in kas,check them out on trip advisor.Plus chillin after a meal try the hideaway bar and try there walnut vodka shots.
- AnonymousWritten on July 15, 20135.0 - ExcellentWhat a fantastic holiday - we all had a great time doing a variety of different activities. At all times we were looked after, felt safe and free to have as much fun as possible. The tour guides were so friendly, helpful and professional and we all came away having a great insight into new sports. Highly recommend this trip for all ages and fitness levels, just be prepared to try and have a good time!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?There were so many, Canyoning, abseiling 55ft, the adventure park and swinging through trees, kayaking on crystal blue waters with beautiful sunshine and scenery....I want to go back!What did you think of your group leader?Maho is a LEGEND! What a great ambassador for Exodus, he was professional, fun and his priority was to make sure we were safe and had a great holiday - Brilliant!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take the right clothes and footwear, it is hot and you will get wet - either sweating or through swimming, don't let wardrobe malfunctions hold you back from making the most of this trip.Is there anything else you would like to add?Really great fun, we had all ages from 16-54 and everyone without exception got on with each other and had a great time, let your hair down and have fun - try something different from the sun lounger!
- AnonymousWritten on June 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentOne of the best holidays which I have had for awhile and which I am still thinking about a few weeks after returning! It was the best combination of activities and relaxation with a great group and great guide.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I am a litte bit scared of heights ( maybe more than little) so the canyoning was a bit of a challenge for me but after a few jumps I really got into it - even though I landed on my bum af we times! It was amazing fun and I am looking to do it in Wales. Kayaking day was a great way to explore the bays and the trip was accommodated so that I could complete my PADI diving qualification which was great. So many great days. Can I come back?!What did you think of your group leader?Maho our leader was what can I say - just great?! He always took care explaining the safety checks but made all of the activities fun. He was very encouraging as well as patient and made me laugh a lot. One of the best group leaders I have come across compared to other group trips I have been on.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Do the trip it is amazing you won't regret it great activities, great tour leader and kas is lovely with loads of friendly people! It is one place I would love to go again.Is there anything else you would like to add?Would exodus like to pay me to go again?!
- AnonymousWritten on January 9, 20135.0 - ExcellentGreat holiday with great activities, great guide, great company and great food!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I loved the diving which I've wanted to try for years. The try-dive really is just a quick taster but we did get down to 5m which felt very deep.My partner loved the canyoning - having been very worried about the big jumps she managed to do them all. Not everyone on our trip did all the jumps (you can abseil instead) and it didn't feel pressured - you were given plenty of time and encouragement to summon your courage.What did you think of your group leader?Jeff was an excellent group leader, endlessly enthusiastic. He has a great ability to encourage people to push themselves but also knows when to stop.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?We had been worried about reviews saying hiking boots were essential for the canyoning, or that shoes would get ruined. I actually did it in brand new (quite cheap) approach shoes. Both the shoes and I coped fine - no damage to either of us. I would not have been happy in walking sandals though. The first day - featuring a walk up a canyon - was actually quite hard work. I think the web site refers to getting wet feet but we were soaked head to toe. You do need to be reasonably fit for this trip but prior experience of any of the activities is not needed. Enthusiasm and the willingness to have a go are much more important. If you are experienced in one or two of them then I think it would still be enjoyable as the locations are so beautiful. On our rest day we got a boat to the beaches across the bay. The beaches are all private so you pick which takes your fancy by which has the nicest loungers and spend the day buying a few drinks. Lovely.Is there anything else you would like to add?This is an excellent holiday for trying a few new things all in one go. You could of course organise it all yourself but will you ever get round to it?This was our first package holiday of any kind and we found it was good fun to be trying all these things with one group of people - encouraging each other along.Â The hotel was very nice - nothing fancy but friendly staff and good food.Â
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Kas.
- Day 2: Explore dramatic Saklikent Canyon with optional tubing; afternoon walk and relaxation on Patara beach.
- Day 3: SCUBA diving day; beginners get a 'Try Dive' whilst certified divers have 2 guided dives.
- Day 4: Full day canyoning; abseil, swim, climb and jump into pools of cool water in one of the various canyons around Kas.
- Day 5: Free day in Kas: optional paragliding, SCUBA diving or relaxation.
- Day 6: Full day sea kayaking; find out how the Turquoise Coast earnt its name.
- Day 7: Biking day; transfer into the hills and explore the forests and coastal roads with some great descents; night out in Kas.
- Day 8: End Kas.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Dalaman.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Lycian Activity Week, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 331 km.
- Dalaman (Turkey)
- 98 km
- Kas (Turkey)
- 37 km
- Saklikent Gorge (Turkey)
- 25 km
- Patara (Turkey)
- 52 km
- Kekova (Turkey)
- 22 km
- Kas (Turkey)
- 98 km
- Dalaman (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,972 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours