European Whirl (18 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,157
- Cobble stone streets and red light district of Amsterdam
- Experience the old charm of Prague
- Drink a stein of Beer in Munich
- City of Lights and Love, Paris
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse, Chalet
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- CCWritten on November 9, 20173.0 - AverageWarning: there's a a lot of hidden cost for this tour. If you want to do anything fun and not be left behind - you will have to pay another $1000. This tour is very rushed and you barely have time for yourself to take a look at these fabulous cities. My tour manager was Anne-Elyse Gauthier and she was below average. She was very pushy and disrespectful. She was sometimes late for the morning pick up times because she had a hang over. Anne-Elyse was very crazy about the review surveys; she will tell you to put 5 star for her and if you put 3 or 4 stars that's not good enough. The survey suppose to be private; however, she will look at your survey in front of you. She was a bully when it came to the survey time. I couldn't write honest feedbacks because she will check and confront you. She is the worst tour manager on the planet!Show detailed ratings
- MMitchWritten on July 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentIv taken time to read some of the reviews .. Gotta say if I was a tour guide of 50 people aged 18-25 I'd wana cry as well Especially if there was a kid on the tour like my self frannyShow detailed ratings
- JBJamesWritten on July 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentAwesome trip! Had a blast, TM was a legend! Always willing to go the extra mile for everyone on the coach! Full of interesting facts and info on all the places we visited. Accommodation was great the onsite teams looked after us well and food was great!Show detailed ratings
- NCNathanWritten on July 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was everything l expected and more, \ being a small town kid from Australia as well as my two mates Europe was a huge eye opener, in the 18 days we were on tour its unbelivable the things we done and seen, however l would have to give all the credit to our guide, Analise. the knowledge, enthusiam, energy, fun and compassion she gave on the tour truly did make the trip, from caring to us when were hungover or showing us the best downtown pizza in Rome is, the crazy underground bar in Prague to taking us paragliding in Austria she made the trip what it was, without her l can't imagine what we would of missed out on the trip. And once the trip was finished she continued to share her knowledge and advice on where to go, travel and best ways and what to see in other parts of Europe, which again we would of been a deer in the headlights without her.Show detailed ratings
- ..Written on July 26, 20173.0 - AverageWhilst I loved the tour overall, especially the transportation and cities and sights, I did have some issues. Firstly I found the accomodation bellow par, but that was to be expected for a cheap hostel tour and thus wasn't a huge problem. But several people on our tour did get bedbugs from multiple places, so the cleanliness at the least needs to be improved. As for Anne-elyse, I found her to be fairly well organised, well informed and enthusiastic enough. However, I did find her to be very pushy and this was highly unappealing and made me uncomfortable at times. She was very pushy trying to get everyone to do every single optional acitivity - something that not everyone wants to or can afford to do! And made people feel bad for not doing so. She was also very very pushy about review. When we gave our reviews at the end of the trip she essentially bullied people to leave 5 star glowing reviews or to not write anything at all. She tried to intimidate people into not leaving honest or thoughtful reviews about what they actually thought - which might have included constructive criticism or some real negative feedback that would be useful for contiki to use to improve their company. Even this review that I am writing now - she pressured everyone to only say absolutely super positive things otherwise to not leave one at all. This isn't honest and she made people feel bad for having potentially negative opinions that they maybe wanted to share. This isn't to be a personal attack on her. I do think she does a good job and can run a tour effective. However I think it needs to be said that people should be encouraged to leave honest feedback - not pressured to just fake 5 stars so a tour guide can get a promotion. However, I wish to note that overall I did have a great experience with contiki.Show detailed ratings
- NNikkiWritten on July 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentAnne-Elyse was the best tour manager I could've dreamed off for my first contiki and European trip. She helped relieve my anxiety and made me feel safe. She holds so much information and is organized. I really recommend her as a TM... you'll make memories to last a lifetime! Good chat xxShow detailed ratings
- HHannahWritten on July 25, 20174.0 - GoodI had a great trip, however I don't think our tour manager is ready for my complex trips. She got quite stressed out and cried at times.Show detailed ratings
- CPCameronWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentI spent 18 days with Anne-Elyse and they were unforgettable. She was incredibly knowledgeable of the cities we visited, she was funny, she was easy going, and most importantly she cared about every single person on the tour. She was constantly checking in with people to make sure they were enjoying their time and getting the best experience possible. She was incredibly knowledgeable of the cities we visited, logistically and historically. Anne-Elyse is a fantastic tour leader and will make sure you and the group you're traveling with have an incredible time.Show detailed ratings
- NNickWritten on October 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentTrip was amazing and sian contributed to this all the way. She was always friendly and very approachable. Tim kept the bus clean and was also great to have as our bus driverShow detailed ratings
- PPhilippeWritten on October 19, 20165.0 - ExcellentOne of the best tour guides, full of energyShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam
- Day 3: Amsterdam to Berlin
- Day 4: Berlin
- Day 5: Berlin to Prague
- Day 6: Prague
- Day 7: Prague to Munich
- Day 8: Munich to Austrian Tyrol
- Day 9: Austrian Tyrol to Venice
- Day 10: Venice
- Day 11: Venice to Rome
- Day 12: Rome
- Day 13: Rome to Florence
- Day 14: Florence to Swiss Alps
- Day 15: Swiss Alps
- Day 16: Swiss Alps to Paris
- Day 17: Paris
- Day 18: Depart Paris
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Hight Energy: culture packed days & party filled nights with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer
- Contiki High Energy
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 23, 2018
Are the final travel documents sent by email or are they sent in the mail?
The travel documents will be sent to you via email approximately 3- 4 weeks prior to the tour departing, provided we have all the required details from you for Contiki to release them.
- November 1, 2016
Are the listed prices per person?
Yes all prices are listed per person on a multi share basis for this tour. If you wanted to travel with someone but book separately please get in contact with us or our customer service so we can link your bookings together for you.
- July 18, 2016
How many people travel on this tour?
Contiki coaches can carry up to 53 passengers
Guides who have led this tour
- "So when I moved to Switzerland to study in 2006 - little did I know it would end up changing every plan..."
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "Hippy poet turned European tour guide. 24/7 bubble of energy guaranteed!!"
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
- "Hi I am Chloe. I packed my suitcase two years ago to lead a life on the road and two years later here..."
- "Hi Guys, thanks for taking the time to help me in my quest to become the Tour Guide of the year! woohoo!!..."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
- "Australian working as a tour guide around Europe for the love of the people, food, music and art it shows..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Daniel6th February 2018
European Whirl (18 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from London19 DaysWednesdayJun 20, 2018to London8 seats left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from London19 DaysWednesdayJun 20, 2018to Paris8 seats left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from London19 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from London19 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to ParisOnly 1 seat left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
- FridayJun 8, 2018from London19 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to London10+ seats left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
- FridayJun 8, 2018from London19 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to Paris10+ seats left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London19 DaysWednesdayJun 27, 2018to London0 seats left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from London19 DaysWednesdayJun 27, 2018to Paris0 seats left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
- WednesdayJun 13, 2018from London19 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to London0 seats left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
- WednesdayJun 13, 2018from London19 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Paris0 seats left$110USD $2,645+ $400 Food Fund European Whirl
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Germany , Italy and France
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Czech Republic and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 July 2018 the full payment of $2,157 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2157 for European Whirl (18 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 283 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 577 km
- Berlin (Germany)
- 165 km
- Dresden (Germany)
- 118 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 300 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 394 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,157 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 107 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Whirl (18 Days)