European Escapade (25 Days)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,947
- Stroll through La Rambla in Barcelona
- Feel the might of the Roman Empire
- Bike and hike the Tyrol mountains
- Enjoy the glamour of Monaco
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse, Chalet
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach/Bus
- Rather Poor
- SSamWritten on December 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was the absolute BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!! Anne-Elyse was the greatest tour guide!! The banter was unreal, her knowledge of each place we went was virtually limitless, AND she was the greatest to party with!! Could not recommend this trip or our tour guide more, it's worth every penny! (and to people who are complaining about 'hidden costs,' they're clearly stated before you even book your trip so inform yourself and then try and save the extra money because every optional activity makes the trip 10x better, you're only in Europe once and you want to leave with #noregrets remember!!!Show detailed ratings
- DRDesiraeWritten on September 29, 20174.0 - GoodIt was incredible, amazing group, leader, buss driver, and location. Exhausting but so much fun from the first day to the last.Show detailed ratings
- SBSamWritten on May 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentTrip of a lifetime!! Tammy was amazing, super informative, heaps of fun, highly recommend herShow detailed ratings
- GSGlennWritten on October 15, 20165.0 - ExcellentEuropean escapade! Was my most amazing experience yet! Sian the TM was amazing!!! so much local knowledge and history of every town we stopped!Show detailed ratings
- ChristopherWritten on October 15, 20165.0 - ExcellentAmazing experience! Had a blast the whole time, day and night. Sian was amazingly knowledgable, kind, and kept us on schedule. Transportation was always easy, clean, and relaxing. Accommodations were also what to be expected and clean.Show detailed ratings
- MMakaylaWritten on October 15, 20165.0 - ExcellentSian is an awesome tour guide who is extremely informative! She's is a lot of fun and goes above and beyond.Show detailed ratings
- SSamanthaWritten on August 29, 20164.0 - GoodIn terms of a tour guide, Anne-Elyse was everything I could've asked for and more. She was always organised, thorough and full of knowledge and words of wisdom. Wouldn't want anyone else to have to deal with my crazy shenanigans for a month, she made it the best trip ever!Show detailed ratings
- BGBecWritten on August 29, 20164.0 - GoodAnne-Elyse was the greatest tour guide ever! She had so much information and was always willing to answer any questions! She was a lot of fun to be around and helped everyone in any way she could! So so amazing and a genuinely lovely person!Show detailed ratings
- PMPrueWritten on August 27, 20164.0 - GoodWith Contiki I had the time of my life. When I booked the trip I had never gone overseas and I was incredibly nervous. European Escapade was the best time of my life. I saw so many beautiful sights and had so many incredible experiences that I went home having no regrets. Having Anne-Elyse as a tour guide was one of the reasons that I loved my trip as much as I did. She brought everyone together and made us all feel like one big family. She looked after us and ensured that we were having fun and did so much work to take care of everything behind the scenes. She had so many stories to share and knew so much information about the places we went. In Barcelona and Amsterdam she took us to these little bars, she knew where the best food was and especially in France and Paris she made us feel like we were locals. Met so many amazing people on my trip and would definitely recommend a contiki, especially with Anne-Elyse!Show detailed ratings
- LSLilyWritten on August 27, 20165.0 - ExcellentI got to experience the European Escapade tour this summer, and it was hands down the best thing I have ever done. I had the most amazing experience of my life and met some people who I know will be my lifelong friends. The places we got to explore were nothing short of incredible - that "am I actually looking at this right now?!" feeling is unbeatable. Our tour guide, Anne-Elyse was the coolest chick ever! (Seriously though). She had hundreds of stories to tell with a passion for travel so obvious that it practically oozed from her every time she opened her mouth. Anne-Elyse knew about every cool little bar that you would never have known to visit, where you should go for the yummiest food in town and the historical aspects of every country we visited. There was never a dull moment when she was around, whether it be listening to her stories on the bus or having a dance with her! I will never forget the memories I made on this tour and I have absolutely no regrets. For anyone trying to decide whether to pick Contiki for their holiday - what are you waiting for?! Lily, Newcastle AUS.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Beaujolais Wine Region via Fontainebleau
- Day 4: Beaujolais Wine Region
- Day 5: Beaujolais Wine Region to Barcelona
- Day 6: Barcelona
- Day 7: Barcelona to French Riviera via Arles
- Day 8: French Riviera incl Monaco
- Day 9: French Riviera to Florence via Pisa
- Day 10: Florence
- Day 11: Florence to Rome
- Day 12: Rome
- Day 13: Rome to Venice
- Day 14: Venice
- Day 15: Venice to Vienna
- Day 16: Vienna
- Day 17: Vienna to Munich
- Day 18: Munich to Austrian Tyrol via Dachau
- Day 19: Austrian Tyrol
- Day 20: Austrian Tyrol to Swiss Alps via Liechtenstein and Lucerne
- Day 21: Swiss Alps
- Day 22: Swiss Alps to Rhine Valley via Heidelberg
- Day 23: Rhine Valley to Amsterdam via Edam
- Day 24: Amsterdam
- Day 25: Amsterdam to London
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki Discoverer Trips
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 18, 2016
How many people travel on this tour?
Contiki coaches carry up to 53 passengers.
- June 20, 2016
What time does the tour depart from London?
This tour has an early morning departure out of London on Day 1. We recommend arriving into London the night before so you can make your kickstart meeting with Contiki which is optional to attend, however gives you an opportunity to meet your fellow travellers before the tour starts!
- April 23, 2015
What does the food fund cover?
The food fund covers the included meals listed in the what's included section. On these tours you will have food prepared by on-site chefs or your onboard cook. Some meals may also be at local restaurants.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "Hippy poet turned European tour guide. 24/7 bubble of energy guaranteed!!"
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
- "Hey everyone, I have been working for Contiki for 7 years as a tour manager and also briefly as a driver...."
- "From what started out as a short 2 month trip back in 2010, has now turned into a lifestyle for me. Before..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
- "Australian working as a tour guide around Europe for the love of the people, food, music and art it shows..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
European Escapade (25 Days)
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from London26 DaysWednesdayJul 25, 2018to London8 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European Escapade
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from London26 DaysWednesdayJul 25, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European Escapade
- TuesdayJul 3, 2018from London26 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to London0 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European EscapadeSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayJul 3, 2018from London26 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Amsterdam0 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European EscapadeSold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayJul 6, 2018from London26 DaysTuesdayJul 31, 2018to London8 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European Escapade
- FridayJul 6, 2018from London26 DaysTuesdayJul 31, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European Escapade
- ThursdayJul 12, 2018from London26 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to London9 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European Escapade
- ThursdayJul 12, 2018from London26 DaysMondayAug 6, 2018to Amsterdam9 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European Escapade
- WednesdayJul 18, 2018from London26 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to London8 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European Escapade
- WednesdayJul 18, 2018from London26 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Amsterdam8 seats left$97USD $3,865+ $590 Food Fund European Escapade
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Spain , Italy , Austria , Germany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Austria and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 August 2018 the full payment of $2,947 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2947 for European Escapade (25 Days), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 349 km
- Beaujolais (France)
- 562 km
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 722 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 394 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 436 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 355 km
- Munich (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,947 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,628 tours in Europe
- covered by 223 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 88 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Escapade (25 Days)