Japan Northern Explorer
- Our saving
- US $ 5,280
- Walking tour of the backstreets of Tokyo
- Visit World Heritage shrines & temples in Nikko
- Opt to soak in hot springs or try zen meditation
- Enjoy lake hikes and view of Mt Fuji
Other reviews about World Expeditions:Write a review
- Katherine Bryan's review about another World Expeditions tour4.0 - GoodOverall, the trip matched the itinerary well, so potential travelers have a good idea of what to expect. The rating of 5... Read more
- Alice Mitchinson's review about another World Expeditions tour4.5 - ExcellentGreat itinerary with local guides who seemed to know everything about their cities and spoke good English. Perfect way t... Read more
- Stephen Allen Goldman's review about another World Expeditions tour4.0 - GoodDissapointed in guide; reeking could have been more adventurous
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Join in Tokyo
- Day 2: Kamakura day trip
- Day 3: Sightseeing in Tokyo, train to Nikko
- Day 4: Shrines & Temples in Nikko
- Day 5: Transfer to Sado Island
- Day 6: On Sado Island
- Day 7: Transfer to Sapporo
- Day 8: Sights of Sapporo
- Day 9: Transfer to Hakodate
- Day 10: Hakodate and surrounding area
- Day 11: Transfer Hakodate to Hirosaki
- Day 12: Hirosaki
- Day 13: Transfer to Matsushima
- Day 14: Cruising Matsushima Bay
- Day 15: To Mt Fuji
- Day 16: Morning at Mt Fuji, return to Tokyo where trip concludes
- Discovers Tokyo with World Expeditions
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
Can you arrange a pre/post accommodation?
Yes, a pre/post accommodation is possible, the price would be per night for a single room. Please contact us to arrange this.
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Japan Northern Explorer
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Tokyo16 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Tokyo5 seats left$220USD $5,280
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Tokyo16 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$220USD $5,280
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Tokyo16 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$220USD $5,280
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Tokyo16 DaysSundaySep 22, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$220USD $5,280
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Tokyo16 DaysSundayOct 20, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$220USD $5,280
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this World Expeditions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 70 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 29 September 2018 the full payment of $5,280 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $5280 for Japan Northern Explorer, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and World Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for World Expeditions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 111 km
- Nikko (Japan)
- 187 km
- Sado Island (Japan)
- 58 km
- Niigata (Japan)
- 605 km
- Sapporo (Japan)
- 152 km
- Hakodate (Japan)
- 132 km
- Hirosaki (Japan)
- 250 km
- Matsushima (Japan)
- 321 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,280 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,143 tours in Asia
- covered by 238 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Japan Northern Explorer via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 27,907 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours