Japan Northern Explorer
- Our saving
- US $ 5,241
- Walking tour of the backstreets of Tokyo
- Visit World Heritage shrines & temples in Nikko
- Opt to soak in hot springs or try zen meditation
- Enjoy lake hikes and view of Mt Fuji
- Carol Perry's review about another World Expeditions tour4.0 - Good
The tour was great but we were disappointed that the local company changed the accommodation to lower rated properties - it turned out that they had acquired a hotel chain and we were always switched to one of their hotels. This was particularly irritating... Read more
- Andrew Cliffe's review about another World Expeditions tour4.0 - Good
Great itinerary! Tour Guide Jack (Shangra La) was great & cared about our group and made sure a horse was avail for one in our party that needed some help to the next peak. Beautiful Monastery, and Tiger Leaping Gorge was fantastic (need more than an hour... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Join in Tokyo
- Day 2: Kamakura day trip
- Day 3: Sightseeing in Tokyo, train to Nikko
- Day 4: Shrines & Temples in Nikko
- Day 5: Transfer to Sado Island
- Day 6: On Sado Island
- Day 7: Transfer to Sapporo
- Day 8: Sights of Sapporo
- Day 9: Transfer to Hakodate
- Day 10: Hakodate and surrounding area
- Day 11: Transfer Hakodate to Hirosaki
- Day 12: Hirosaki
- Day 13: Transfer to Matsushima
- Day 14: Cruising Matsushima Bay
- Day 15: To Mt Fuji
- Day 16: Morning at Mt Fuji, return to Tokyo where trip concludes
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Discovers Tokyo with World Expeditions
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
Can you arrange a pre/post accommodation?
Yes, a pre/post accommodation is possible, the price would be per night for a single room. Please contact us to arrange this.
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
Japan Northern Explorer
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Tokyo16 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$218USD $5,241Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Tokyo16 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$218USD $5,241Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Tokyo16 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$218USD $5,241Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Tokyo16 DaysSundaySep 22, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$218USD $5,241Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Tokyo16 DaysSundayOct 20, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$218USD $5,241Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayApr 11, 2020from Tokyo16 DaysSundayApr 26, 2020to Tokyo10+ seats left$225USD $5,395Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Tokyo16 DaysSundayMay 24, 2020to Tokyo10+ seats left$225USD $5,395Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Tokyo16 DaysSundayJun 21, 2020to Tokyo10+ seats left$225USD $5,395Based on Twin Share
- SaturdaySep 5, 2020from Tokyo16 DaysSundaySep 20, 2020to Tokyo10+ seats left$225USD $5,395Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayOct 3, 2020from Tokyo16 DaysSundayOct 18, 2020to Tokyo10+ seats left$225USD $5,395Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this World Expeditions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 70 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 January 2019 the full payment of $5,241 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $5241 for Japan Northern Explorer, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and World Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for World Expeditions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 111 km
- Nikko (Japan)
- 187 km
- Sado Island (Japan)
- 58 km
- Niigata (Japan)
- 605 km
- Sapporo (Japan)
- 152 km
- Hakodate (Japan)
- 132 km
- Hirosaki (Japan)
- 250 km
- Matsushima (Japan)
- 321 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,241 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,370 tours in Asia
- covered by 341 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Japan Northern Explorer via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 34,544 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours