Maldives Dhoni Cruise
- Our saving
- US $ 1,106
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- World Expeditions
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Transfer to dhoni. Cruise to Waagali
- Day 2: Cruise to Fulidhoo
- Day 3: Cruise to Bodumohoraa
- Day 4: Cruise to Felihoo or Keyodu
- Day 5: Cruise to Male Atoll
- Day 6: In Male, trip concludes
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- TJThomasWritten on March 5, 20194.0 - Good
1. There was no orientation of any kind when we boarded the Dhoni. There should have been a safety orientation covering information such as the location of life jackets on the Dhoni, walking safely on the boat in rough waters, emergency procedures. 2. The... Read moreShow detailed ratingsWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear Thomas, Thank you for joining us in the Maldives. It has taken a little more time than expected to research the matters raised with our local partner and the dhoni captain in the Maldives as well as some of your fellow group members. This has allowed us to appraise the circumstances from as many angles as possible. With this, we are now in an appropriate position to address the issues raised in your feedback. • We utilise several different dhonis on this trip and the captain/crew for each dhoni is different. A standard orientation and safety briefing should be mandatory at the start of each trip. We thank you for bringing this to our attention; we have reiterated to our local operator that this briefing must always be undertaken by the dhoni captain/crew at the start of each trip. • This trip is usually unescorted and does not have a separate guide; generally the Captain or a Crew member will act as the guide. Trip descriptions can always be improved upon, and this is something that we are continuously endeavoring to achieve. Our trip literature has now been amended. • We were surprised about your comment about diesel fumes as this has not been brought to our attention previously nor mentioned by any of your fellow group members. The boat owners have been notified and will take any necessary action required. • We do mention in our trip literature that the cruising routine will vary from day to day, and the itinerary is subject to change due to any natural circumstances beyond our control. Unfortunately the beach barbeque could not be held due to bad weather, and the crew had to make an alternative plan by arranging to have a special barbecue dinner on board instead. We have requested our local operator to ensure that the dhoni captain/crew communicate any changes in itinerary and the reasons why to our travellers. • Your itinerary visited the local islands of Fulidhoo and Felidhoo, with local music (bodu beru) arranged at Fulidhoo. • Garbage in the Maldives, as well as the world’s waterways and beaches, is an ongoing environmental concern. With over 1.4 million visitor arrivals, the Maldives government is struggling with this problem, in addition to rising ocean levels inundating the archipelago. Government authorities, resort operators and dhoni boats are trying to do their bit by using reusable bottles instead of plastic bottles and implementing environmental initiatives. It is disappointing that your enjoyment of the uninhabited islands was marred by this. We are continually working on initiatives to do our part to combat this issue, with our local operator and Responsible Tourism Manager engaging in frequent dialogue and action. • Finally at USD1290 (or CAD1590) per person for a 6-day fully inclusive trip on a traditional dhoni, we believe that this trip represents excellent value for money. • We are pleased to hear that overall you graded the trip 4 out of 5 and thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts following the trip. Kind regards - the team @ World Expeditions
- KTKylieWritten on November 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The stunningly beautiful Maldives really can be affordable for anyone. A week spent on a traditional Dhoni, snorkeling on 2 reefs each day, sunbathing on the deck, relaxing - pure bliss. The water is turquoise and crystal clear. The sea life is abundant,... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the average size of group and age range of the travellers?
The average age is around 50 years old. The minimum amount of passengers on this trip would be 4 with the maximum being 10.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
I'll be travelling alone, will I get my own room, or will I be sharing?
You must be willing to share with another traveller of the same gender and no single supplement is applicable.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Valentina19th April 2019
Maldives Dhoni Cruise
- Upcoming departures
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- May 2021
- SundayAug 25, 2019from Male6 DaysFridayAug 30, 2019to Male10+ seats left$187$1,370-14%USD $1,183
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Male6 DaysThursdaySep 26, 2019to Male10+ seats left$184$1,290-14%USD $1,106
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Male6 DaysThursdayOct 24, 2019to Male10+ seats left$184$1,290-14%USD $1,106
- TuesdayNov 5, 2019from Male6 DaysSundayNov 10, 2019to Male10+ seats left$184$1,290-14%USD $1,106
- SaturdayNov 16, 2019from Male6 DaysThursdayNov 21, 2019to Male5 seats left$184$1,290-14%USD $1,106
- TuesdayDec 3, 2019from Male6 DaysSundayDec 8, 2019to Male6 seats left$184$1,290-14%USD $1,106
- TuesdayDec 31, 2019from Male6 DaysSundayJan 5, 2020to Male10+ seats left$189$1,440-13%USD $1,251
- MondayJan 6, 2020from Male6 DaysSaturdayJan 11, 2020to MaleOnly 2 seats left$148$1,440-10%USD $1,292
- MondayFeb 10, 2020from Male6 DaysSaturdayFeb 15, 2020to Male4 seats left$148$1,440-10%USD $1,292
- MondayMar 23, 2020from Male6 DaysSaturdayMar 28, 2020to Male8 seats left$148$1,440-10%USD $1,292
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Maldives. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Maldives. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Maldives. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Maldives. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Maldives. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Male.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 29 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 29 October 2019, a minimum payment of $500 is required to confirm your booking with World Expeditions. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 70 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of World Expeditions. Please familiarise yourself with the World Expeditions payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and World Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for World Expeditions tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Male (Maldives)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,106 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,008 tours in Asia
- covered by 861 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Maldives Dhoni Cruise via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Maldives Dhoni Cruise