Start planning your tour
- Day 1: Join Paro (2200m). Overnight Mandala Resort (or similar).
- Day 2: Paro Valley, Taktsang Monastery (3100m) & National Museum
- Day 3: Drive past Drukyel Dzong (2580m) to Shana (2860m) and commence trek to Thongo Zampa (3250m), (11kms, approx 4 hrs)
- Day 4: Trek to Soi Thangthangkha (3700m) (approx 4 hrs)
- Day 5: Trek to Jangothang (4100m) (12kms, approx 5 hours)
- Day 6: At Jangothang (acclimatisation day)
- Day 7: Cross Nye La (4850m) (18kms, approx 8 hrs)
- Day 8: Trek to Chebisa (3980m) village (14kms, approx 5/6 hrs)
- Day 9: Cross Gobu La (4450m) to Shomuthang (3990m) camp (16kms, approx 7/8 hrs)
- Day 10: Cross Jare La (4785m) to Robluthang (4165m) (18kms, approx 8/9 hrs)
- Day 11: Cross Shinge La (5005m) to Lemithang (4150m) (16kms, approx 8/9 hrs)
- Day 12: Trek to Laya village (3800m) (13kms, approx 5/6 hrs)
- Day 13: Rest day at Laya, explore local area
- Day 14: Trek to Thongchu Drak (3500m) (approx 5/6 hrs)
- Day 15: Trek to Gasa village (2770m) (approx 4/5 hrs)
- Day 16: Transfer to Punakha (drive approx. 1/2hrs)
- Day 17: Drive to Paro via Thimphu (approx 5/6hrs driving)
- Day 18: In Paro, trip concludes
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Reviews about this operator
- CarolNovember 10, 2018The tour was great but we were disappointed that the local company changed the accommodation to lower rated properties - it turned out that they had acquired a hotel chain and we were always switched to one of their hotels. This was particularly... Show more
- LeslieOctober 17, 2016My recent trip to Bhutan was great! The guide was on time and wonderful---very informative. One thing I really appreciated was the fact that the animals carrying our equipment were healthy and fat---that was very important to me.
- LesleyNovember 10, 2015An amazing experience in a wonderful and interesting country but the condition of some roads made driving an unpleasant experience.
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Bhutan High Trails via Laya
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- FridayApr 10, 2020from Paro18 DaysMondayApr 27, 2020to Paro10+ seats left$52USD $5,098Based on Twin Share
- SundaySep 27, 2020from Paro18 DaysWednesdayOct 14, 2020to Paro10+ seats left$52USD $5,098Based on Twin Share
- MondayOct 12, 2020from Paro18 DaysThursdayOct 29, 2020to Paro$52USD $5,098Based on Twin Share
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need a visa for this tour?
- Is travel insurance recommended?
- Is there a guide?
- Are meals included?
- Is transport included?
Good to know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar