The Overland Track
- Our saving
- US $ 1,745
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Mini-coach, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- HSHeidiWritten on October 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe 6 day Overland Track trip was my very first full pack trek and I was quite nervous before departure. The guides were absolutely fantastic and supported, encouraged and assisted our group every step of the way. Over 6 days we walked through the heart of Tasmania's most amazing untouched alpine wilderness - experiencing the highs (grazing wombats, spectacular views, walking in a silent still forest) and lows (icy wet socks in the morning) of hiking. In the end I wouldn't have changed any part of the trip - even the rain - as it was my biggest sense of achievement yet and I can't wait for the next adventures to come! Thanks to the team at Tasmanian Expeditions - I will definitely be back for more!!Show detailed ratings
- LLarissaWritten on October 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on the guided 6 day Overland Track trip with Tasmanian Expeditions and loved every minute! We went in May, so the weather was a bit rainy - but the constant encouragement and positivity of our guides made the whole trip so enjoyable - even when it was raining! Food servings were great - large portions and delicious meals, different every night. We had to borrow some gear from Tasmanian Expeditions, and it was all fantastic quality and totally appropriate for the trip. All in all - loved my experience and would definitely recommend going with Tasmanian Expeditions again - they were experienced, knowledgeable, and we felt completely safe and at ease in their capable hands. Big thanks to our guides George and Pip for making this experience unforgettable.Show detailed ratings
- SarahWritten on January 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing trek. Parts were tough, but worth it to get off the beaten track and see the sensational, breathtaking scenery. I was lucky to see a few wombats, a spotted quoll, a pink robin, and someone in the group also saw an echidna! The tour was really well run, lots of information sharing on geology, flora and fauna, the local aboriginal history and the white settler history of the area. Would love to do it again in winter.Show detailed ratings
- RSRalfWritten on November 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentI hiked the overland track on Tasmania with TE. Our two guides were experienced, knowledgeable, patient and supremely friendly. The tour was also very well prepared, and I enjoyed it immensely.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 7, 20135.0 - ExcellentI have just completed the 6 day trek, a holiday of a lifetime. I feel like it truly changed my outlook of life. I have a new sense of respect for our environment and high level of appreciation of the flora and fauna. I can truly see why it is heritage listed and why people say it is so beautiful. I have made wonderful and hilarious friends that I hope to keep for a lifetime. Our guides Nick and Darren were phenomenal, from their knowledge of the history about Tasmania to their cooking and company - I honestly couldn't fault one thing. They were extremely patient with the first time whingy back at the pack types (aka me). Thank you SO much, I hope to do the Walls of Jerusalem at some stage this year with a few of the people that were of this trip and we have collaborated and will request the same guides and see how many "man points" they can earn.
- AAnonymousWritten on December 28, 20125.0 - ExcellentThis was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a beautiful, unique place with amazing plants and animals unlike anything I have seen in the USA. The group was international and everyone had a good sense of humor and a good attitude in spite of some challenging weather, and the physical challenge of the hike. The guides were cheery and good cooks, and knowledgeable about the natural and human history of Tasmania. I had a great time!
- AAnonymousWritten on December 23, 20125.0 - ExcellentHad a fantastic trip with a wonderful group and excellent tour guides. Thanks for taking such good care of us. I can highly recommend TasEx for anyone travelling on his/her own!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Launceston to Cradle Mountain National Park, walk Waldheim to Waterfall Valley
- Day 2: Waterfall Valley to Lake Windermere
- Day 3: Lake Windermere to Pelion Plains
- Day 4: Pelion Plains to Kia Ora
- Day 5: Kia Ora to Bert Nichols
- Day 6: Bert Nichols to Lake St Clair and return to Launceston
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
- The Overland Track
- Walk Tasmania's Overland Track
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
What is the difficulty rating of this trip?
This trip is rated as moderate (5/10) difficulty in comparison to our other trips.
- February 1, 2017
We have to carry our clothes and personal items on the tour and if so what is the average weight of the backpack?
This is a full pack trip that requires you to carry a 75L backpack containing all of your clothes, camping equipment, and some food. You should expect to carry around 18-20Kgs on this trip.
15 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Tasmanian Expeditions The Overland Track tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 3rd December 20172 comments"Hello Folks My Sister Judy & I would love to hear from others who are also booked on this trip. I'm Helen, a Zoologist who now runs a B&B & my sister is a Horticulturist who runs a gardening business so we are especially keen on seeing the wildlife and plants along the way as well as the scenery :)"+1
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Paul31st August 2017
The Overland Track
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- SundayOct 29, 2017from LauncestonFridayNov 3, 2017in LauncestonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,7456 spaces left
- SundayNov 5, 2017from LauncestonFridayNov 10, 2017in LauncestonOur saving$51PriceUSD $1,9996 spaces left
- SundayNov 12, 2017from LauncestonFridayNov 17, 2017in LauncestonOur saving$51PriceUSD $1,9996 spaces left
- SundayNov 26, 2017from LauncestonFridayDec 1, 2017in LauncestonOur saving$51PriceUSD $1,9996 spaces left
- SundayDec 3, 2017from LauncestonFridayDec 8, 2017in LauncestonOur saving$51PriceUSD $1,9996 spaces left
- SundayDec 10, 2017from LauncestonFridayDec 15, 2017in LauncestonOur saving$51PriceUSD $1,9996 spaces left
- SundayDec 17, 2017from LauncestonFridayDec 22, 2017in LauncestonOur saving$51PriceUSD $1,9996 spaces left
- WednesdayDec 27, 2017from LauncestonMondayJan 1, 2018in LauncestonOur saving$51PriceUSD $1,9996 spaces left
- SundayDec 31, 2017from LauncestonFridayJan 5, 2018in LauncestonOur saving$51PriceUSD $1,9996 spaces left
- TuesdayJan 2, 2018from LauncestonSundayJan 7, 2018in LauncestonOur saving$51PriceUSD $1,9996 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Launceston.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Tasmanian Expeditions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2017 the full payment of $1,745 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1745 for The Overland Track, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tasmanian Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tasmanian Expeditions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Launceston (Australia)
- 102 km
- Cradle Mountain (Australia)
- 21 km
- Lake Windermere (Australia)
- 14 km
- Mount Ossa (Australia)
- 4 km
- Kia Ora (Australia)
- 22 km
- Lake St Clair (Australia)
- 107 km
- Launceston (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,745 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 862 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 51 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for The Overland Track via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 15 travellers have already met
before they left for The Overland Track tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Overland Track