Best of South America - Over 55's adventure
- Our saving
- US $ 4,127
- Natural wonder of Iguazu Falls
- Architectural treasures of Inca Empire's capital
- Inca trail along the sacred rivers and valleys
- Enigmatic ruins of Machu Picchu
- Cruise the highest navigable lake in the world
- Age range
- 18 to 80 year olds
- Hotel, Camping, Lodge
- Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- DDavidMottWritten on June 26, 20183.0 - AverageCommunication was a problem from start in Buenos Aires tour notes told us guide would meet us at 5.30pm for a trip briefing but no one showed up.After 6pm one of our tour participants got hotel staff to ring world expeditions where we were later told that no person would be attending to brief us of tour and that we needed to have breakfast at 0330 am and would be collected from hotel at0400 for a 6am flight to Iguazza Falls.That was the start of many conflicting communication problems we encountered until we reached Peru where our guide Tina tried valiantly to keep the tour on track.Some of the group challenged her on some information that conflicted with the tour notes we were given from Australia.This was awkward for the tour guide who tried her best.She was very knowledgeable with her information about Peru and the early Inca empire. .Unfortunately ssome of the group had a medical issue that resulted in them only compl3ting days 1and 4 of the Inca Trail.and the walks of day 2 and 3 appeared to have been altered and it was necessary to start early on day 4 in time to collect the other 2 recovered members from Ollyantambo at 6am to catch train to Aquos Cilentis. Tina the guide. Was very helpful in arranging motel hotel accommodation and medical treatment for the 2 sick tour members and checked on there welfare every day.Unfortunately the rest of the group experienced difficulties on the Inca Trail. Walk days 2and 3. Overall the Peruvian experience. Was good and provided us with amazing experiencesShow detailed ratingsWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear David, Thank you for passing on your feedback following your South America trip with World Expeditions. We are continually striving to improve the level of service and your feedback helps us put this into practice. Following your feedback we have investigated what happened on this trip with our partners in South America. Thank you for taking the time to provide even more detailed feedback on the phone as well. We trust that we were able to suitably address all matters during this conversation. We were very happy to hear that you overall had a great time in South America and thank you for choosing to travel with World Expeditions. Best regards, World Expeditions Team
- JJudyTooveyWritten on June 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe camping part wasn't enjoyable. Right by railway line to Machu Pichu so very noisy and 2nd night only 1-2 km out of town so could have stayed in hotel. 3rd night we were up at 3.30am (4th day) and trekked on a goat track along the side of a mountain with a little torch to catch a bus to go back to Ollytantambo to get the train so 3rd day awatste of time as nothing to really see. Also having someone pick you up from the airport, some else be your guide and still some else take you back or the airport. Each person had no idea about any other part of the journey which was frustrating when there were things you wanted to know. Also the intinerary said repack for the Amazon. What does that mean. No one to ask so had to wait till we arrived to find out what that meant. Could say many more things about mainly the Perivan leg but will just say wouldn't recommend this company for this tour.Show detailed ratingsWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear Judy, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent trip to South America with World Expeditions. We are always interested to know what our travellers think of their experiences with us so that we can refine and improve our trips. We deeply regret that your experience was not as enjoyable as it should have been. We are currently investigating the matters you have raised and will reply to you as soon as possible. Best regards, World Expeditions Team
- AAlexiaMBrowneWritten on June 13, 20183.5 - GoodThis tour did not deliver the promised trek to Machu Picchu. Instead they focused on a compilation of treks on local Inca routes close to Cuszo that lead to nowhere in particular. The camp sites were close to the rail lines and thus very noisy at night . The sites were pitch dark at night making it difficult to find the bathrooms etc. (and being an over 55 person, night time trips to bathrooms are inevitable). The guide kept up a very fast pace and did not factor in photographs stops. Example, on the second trek day, a planned 2.5 hr trek was completed in 1 hr 20 mins. On 2 of the days, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner were in very close succession 4.00pm for lunch, afternoon tea at 5.30 and dinner by 6.30!Show detailed ratingsWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear Alexia, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent trip to South America with World Expeditions. We are always interested to know what our travellers think of their experiences with us so that we can refine and improve our trips. We deeply regret that your experience was not as enjoyable as it should have been. We are currently investigating the matters you have raised and will reply to you as soon as possible. Best regards, World Expeditions Team
- AnonymousWritten on June 15, 20124.0 - GoodThe organisation of the trip was excellent; the trek was great - all travel connections ran smoothly.
- AnonymousWritten on June 11, 20124.0 - GoodThe guides in Argentina and Peru looked after us very well!
- AnonymousWritten on January 5, 20125.0 - ExcellentGuide Leon was excellent - he had an outstanding knowledge of the flora & Fauna and was a very good communicator with a good sence of humor.
- AnonymousWritten on October 12, 20114.0 - GoodOverall a fabulous trip! was impressed with WE environmental policies and practices
- AnonymousWritten on February 9, 20115.0 - ExcellentThe accommodation was excellent!
- AnonymousWritten on January 7, 20115.0 - ExcellentOur guide, Leon, was excellent - he had an outstanding knowledge of the flora and fauna, and was a very good communicator with a great sense of humour.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- Day 2: Fly to Iguazu Falls
- Day 3: Fly to Lima
- Day 4: In Lima - city tour
- Day 5: Fly to Puerto Maldonado – Jungle Lodge
- Day 6: Jungle Lodge
- Day 7: Fly to Cusco
- Day 8: Tour of Cusco and the nearby ruins
- Day 9: Drive and walk down into the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Day 10: Second day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Day 11: Alternative Inca trail trek commences
- Day 12: Trek to Cachicata (2700m)
- Day 13: Continue trek along Urubamba River
- Day 14: Train to KM 104 and complete trek, arrive at Aguas Calientes
- Day 15: Explore Machu Picchu and return to Cusco
- Day 16: Cusco - free day
- Day 17: To Puno and Lake Titicaca
- Day 18: Lake Titicaca - the Uros Islands
- Day 19: Drive from Puno to Copacabana
- Day 20: Drive from Copacabana to La Paz
- Day 21: Morning walking tour of the city of La Paz
- Day 22: Free day in La Paz
- Day 23: Trip concludes in La Paz
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Would you be able to give me an idea of what price we are looking at for twin share, flying from perth WA with all internal flights and allowing money for meals that are not supplied; also any other fees that are not included, please. What is the best time to go, weather wise? Do you have to be really fit to do this trip ? Is there another option if you do not want to trek for the couple of days ?
Thank you for your interest in TouRadar and in this amazing trip with World Expeditions.
Unfortunately we at TourRadar do not handle any flights and so we would not be able to help you with this.
With regards to the trekking please read this the following:
Introductory adventures are designed with the first time trekker in mind. They are challenging enough to make it a real adventure holiday, however the daily physical exercise is limited to around six hours and altitudes generally less than 4100m. Introductory adventures are not necessarily easy. There will be some long steep ascents and some rough ground to cover. Remember trekking rarely involves flat terrain. *Two to three months prior to departure you should spend thirty minutes to one hour exercising, three or four times per week eg. Hard walking, jogging or cycling. To prepare for a walking holiday we recommend you take every opportunity to walk up and down stairs and/or hills, for leg strengthening and aerobic fitness. Please remember the fitter you are the more you will enjoy your holiday.
Would you be able to give me an idea of what price we are looking at for the airfare from Perth WA (with all internal flights included)?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
How safe is this trip?
Our expert tour guides are fully equipped with a first aid kit, carrying a range of medical equipment as well as a sound knowledge of varying first aid procedures. Additionally, the comfortable and secure transport, accommodation and plethora of activities make for a fun, adventurous but very safe tour!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
Best of South America - Over 55's adventure
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- October 2018
- December 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- October 2019
- December 2019
- WednesdayAug 8, 2018from Buenos Aires23 DaysThursdayAug 30, 2018to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayAug 29, 2018from Buenos Aires23 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Buenos Aires23 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Buenos Aires23 DaysThursdayNov 22, 2018to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayDec 13, 2018from Buenos Aires23 DaysFridayJan 4, 2019to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayMar 20, 2019from Buenos Aires23 DaysThursdayApr 11, 2019to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayApr 17, 2019from Buenos Aires23 DaysThursdayMay 9, 2019to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayMay 8, 2019from Buenos Aires23 DaysThursdayMay 30, 2019to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Buenos Aires23 DaysMondayJul 8, 2019to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayJul 10, 2019from Buenos Aires23 DaysThursdayAug 1, 2019to La Paz10+ seats left$172USD $4,127Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Argentina, Peru and Bolivia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Argentina, Peru and Bolivia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Argentina, Peru and Bolivia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Argentina, Peru and Bolivia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Recommended for Argentina, Peru and Bolivia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Recommended for Peru and Bolivia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Buenos Aires is the starting point and La Paz is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this World Expeditions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 70 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 October 2018 the full payment of $4,127 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4127 for Best of South America - Over 55's adventure, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and World Expeditions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for World Expeditions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- 1,071 km
- Iguazu Falls (Argentina)
- 2,794 km
- Lima (Peru)
- 856 km
- Puerto Maldonado (Peru)
- 317 km
- Cusco (Peru)
- 24 km
- Sacred Valley (Peru)
- 47 km
- Machu Picchu (Peru)
- 67 km
- Cuzco (Peru)
- 333 km
- Puno (Peru)
- 63 km
- Lake Titicaca (Peru)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,127 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,420 tours in Latin America
- covered by 120 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Best of South America - Over 55's adventure via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of South America - Over 55's adventure