- Our saving
- US $ 1,657
- Explore the Viking history of Norway
- Enjoy polar baths and woodfire saunas in Skibotn
- Discover the magic of Santa Land Village in Finland
- Revel in the beautiful old town of Tallinn, Estonia
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- MWMarcusWritten on December 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentGreat tour, lots of free time to exploreShow detailed ratings
- CCaraWritten on December 11, 20165.0 - ExcellentI went on the Scenic Scandi tour (a leg of the Red Star) in June. It was a great way to see Norway and Finland, as well as meeting a great group of people. The tour took us to the top of the world (well the northern most point of Norway) and even though we didn't see the midnight sun due to the weather, we still had a brilliant time! We also went to Hell, met Santa and saw some great scenery and heard about some fantastic history at the same time.Show detailed ratings
- MBMollyWritten on December 10, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip was definitely more than I expected it to be - the group, sites, food and accomodation was great and I could not recommend it enoughShow detailed ratings
- RachaelWritten on December 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis was such a fun trip, we stayed in cute little cabins and ate dinner in a camping style cooked by our amazing chefs. The places we visited in Norway were just so stunning, we did some really cool things there and in Finland. Anthony was such a great guide! He was extremely knowledgeable about everything even though we later found out he hadn't been to some of those places before you wouldn't have been able to guess that. He answered questions, kept everyone happy was just an overall amazing tour guide to have on the trip! Would 100% recommend!Show detailed ratings
- EHEricaWritten on July 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentWow! What an unforgettable experience. Such an affordable way to experience an expensive country. This tour was loads of fun. One of my fondest memories of my life.Show detailed ratings
- ChrisWritten on July 21, 20165.0 - ExcellentTrip exceeded expectations. Trip leader, driver and chef were unbelievable. The itinerary was well thought out and the type of person who travels on this trip is mature, adventurous and conscientious.Show detailed ratings
- lovetravellingWritten on October 1, 20145.0 - ExcellentEverything about this trip was awesome and some of the places we saw were incredible; Svartisan Glacier, Nordkapp and seeing 'Santa' in Lapland were my personal favourites!! Tallin was also a pretty special place to have our final night on tour. The driving days were always fun because our tour guide – Becs was enthusiastic and passionate about the places we were visiting. She always had fun ideas for games and kept everyone motivated when on the bus. I’ve been on a few tours before and sometimes the guides don’t integrate with everyone but Becs made everyone feel welcome, the only downside is that the next tour I go on won’t be as good because Becs has raised the standard too high!! The food was amazing, I have no idea how the our chef managed to come up with different ideas every night. Would definitely recommend Top Deck to anyone wishing to see this part of the world, so many great memories.Show detailed ratings
- ElizabethWritten on September 24, 20145.0 - ExcellentBec's enthusiasm for the location and event we went to was endless. She took the time to understand each travellers motivation to travel and too see the locations we were going to thus being able to taylor the information she gave to us, making it more relevant. She was passionate about her own experience of the locations which meant that you were able to be inspired by her. Her communication with the customer and her team was superb, she made you feel very safe and planned. Bec cared for her clients, talking about the level of respect she had for them often and taking care to help them when they were unwell or upset. Bec really inspired me that tours can be insertional and exceptional ways of travel.Show detailed ratings
- NicoleWritten on September 23, 20145.0 - ExcellentThe Scenic Scandi tour was truly a beautiful experience! I am so glad that I chose to go with Topdeck and was lucky enough to get such a wonderful tour guide. Bec radiates positive energy and is so good at making everyone feel welcome in the tour group. She was very knowledgeable about the history and culture of Norway, Finland, and Estonia and was more than happy to share her knowledge. She was particularly helpful when suggesting activities we could do on our free days and joining in on the fun as much as possible. Our driver and on-the-road chef were also very good! Soon into the tour our group felt like a little family, which made the experience that much better. I have so many awesome memories from the trip and I know that Bec played a big part in orchestrating them! She is very caring and supportive. I had a friend who had to leave two days into the tour because of a family emergency. Bec was there helping her every stop of the way to make that transition as smooth as possible. When I book another Topdeck tour, I hope that I can have Bec again as a tour guide!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on January 15, 2008If you're looking to do a tour of Scandinavia & prefer to travel independently i'd definitely recommend taking a TOPDECK Tour!!! I was 21 & decided to see Scandi, but didn't have the time or cash to work it out myself...what better way that to travel on a tour.... had always heard horror stories of other tour groups so decided to go with an English based group i'd never heard of...Topdeck..... they ROCKED! I've made some of the best friends in the world from this tour - some who i actually still see now and others who i've since visited overseas & who will come and visit me too! They ran the tour with a Bus Driver, a Cook & a Tour Guide....pretty much everything was included and the fact that the Cook took our diets and the local cuisine very seriously made it the best tour i'd ever been on. It was an older age-group too - 21 - 35 i think....so no kids who'd just gotten out of high school who just wanted to get pissed every night and sleep through the days - i was the youngest person there and we all had a great time, but made a concise effort NOT to waste our days being hungover. Everyone on the tour was pretty much Aussie or Kiwi bar one Canadian who was an awesome guy! - So i guess that made it easier too in that we all shared the same ideals and knew exactly what we wanted from our trip. The highlights for me were probably our "Polar Bear Jump" - into arctic waters in Finland, standing on top of the world at Nordkapp - EU's most Northerly point & actually getting to pat a Reindeer in Helsinki. (oh and i'll never forget meeting Santa in Lapland or seeing the Vaasa Viking Ship close up!) We also got to do some cool stuff too like going down the Olympic Bobsled run in Skibotn, swimming across a Fjord inlet in Andalsnes, midnight fishing in Helsinki & of course having a drink at the Ice Bar in Stockholm. We went to Christiania in Denmark (before it hit rock bottom!) & saw the Original - "The Scream" by Edvard Munch (my favourite artist) in Stockholm a WEEK before it was infamously stolen in broad daylight! I guess the best thing about this particular trip was that the group was amazing - we all clicked, no one smoked, we weren't interested in getting pissed every night and all three tour leaders were a whole heap of fun to hang out with! They really knew what they were talking about and had the compassion of Nurses when anyone was ill or upset. If you were going on a TopDeck tour i'd reccommend you travel with a backpack - suitcases and bags on wheels are just a pain in the arse. Don't take more than you need.... pack once and then halve it.......pack it again and halve it again and you should be fine. Remember that you're carrying your own crap around when ever you're not on the bus or staying put in one place! Don't forget insect repellent or sunscreen, take your hat and sunnies & of course at least one fleece or windproof jacket.... then pretty much everything else will depend on the time of year you're traveling, but you know what?....TopDeck tell you what you need for each tour anyway - so you can rely on them for the right advice! You should all try a TopDeck tour because it's not a Contiki.... i don't mean that in any other way than you getting more value for what you pay - the food is better.... fresh, amazingly cooked & VARIETY people.... seriously Jules hooked us up with a MASSIVE choice for each and every meal....and we were never hungry and having to stop off at the local Maccas to top up our tummies! Oh and the guides really know what they're talking about - the optional activites are vast and you can be guaranteed a good time! Would love to do another TopDeck Tour - just need to save up the cash now! :o) - Enjoy - Lisa xxx
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Oslo, Norway
- Day 2: Oslo
- Day 3: Oslo to Åndalsnes, via Lillehammer
- Day 4: Åndalsnes
- Day 5: Åndalsnes to Steinkjer, via Trondheim/Hell
- Day 6: Steinkjer to Bjerka
- Day 7: Bjerka to Tysfjord, via Svartisen Glacier
- Day 8: Tysfjord to Skibotn
- Day 9: Skibotn to Olderfjord
- Day 10: Olderfjord
- Day 11: Olderfjord to Rovaniemi, Finland
- Day 12: Rovaniemi to Jyvaskyla
- Day 13: Jyvaskyla to Helsinki
- Day 14: Helsinki to Tallinn, Estonia
- Day 15: Tallinn
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 18, 2016
I am 68 years old. Can I join this tour?
Topdeck operates tours for travellers between ages 18-39. They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with university students.
- February 1, 2016
What is the age range for this tour?
Topdeck operates tours for travellers between ages 18-39.
- April 23, 2015
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for Scenic Scandi covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been a tour guide since 2013. So far I've worked four summer seasons..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SundayMay 13, 2018from OsloSundayMay 27, 2018in TallinnOur saving$231Price$1,889-12%USD $1,657Only 2 spaces left
- SundayMay 20, 2018from OsloSundayJun 3, 2018in TallinnOur saving$231Price$1,889-12%USD $1,6574 spaces left
- SundayMay 27, 2018from OsloSundayJun 10, 2018in TallinnOur saving$244Price$1,989-12%USD $1,7458 spaces left
- SundayJun 3, 2018from OsloSundayJun 17, 2018in TallinnOur saving$244Price$1,989-12%USD $1,7456 spaces left
- SundayJun 10, 2018from OsloSundayJun 24, 2018in TallinnOur saving$244Price$1,989-12%USD $1,74510+ spaces left
- SundayJun 17, 2018from OsloSundayJul 1, 2018in TallinnOur saving$244Price$1,989-12%USD $1,7457 spaces left
- SundayJun 24, 2018from OsloSundayJul 8, 2018in TallinnOur saving$257Price$2,099-12%USD $1,84210+ spaces left
- SundayJul 1, 2018from OsloSundayJul 15, 2018in TallinnOur saving$257Price$2,099-12%USD $1,84210+ spaces left
- SundayJul 8, 2018from OsloSundayJul 22, 2018in TallinnOur saving$257Price$2,099-12%USD $1,84210+ spaces left
- SundayJul 15, 2018from OsloSundayJul 29, 2018in TallinnOur saving$257Price$2,099-12%USD $1,8428 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroFinland and Estonia
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Norway, Finland and Estonia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Estonia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Estonia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Oslo is the starting point and Tallinn is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Scenic Scandi.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 8 December 2017 the full payment of $1,657 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1657 for Scenic Scandi, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Oslo (Norway)
- 135 km
- Lillehammer (Norway)
- 218 km
- Andalsnes (Norway)
- 167 km
- Trondheim (Norway)
- 585 km
- Tysfjord (Norway)
- 60 km
- Narvik (Norway)
- 155 km
- Skibotn (Norway)
- 394 km
- Rovaniemi (Finland)
- 473 km
- Jyvaskyla (Finland)
- 235 km
- Helsinki (Finland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,657 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,239 tours in Europe
- covered by 166 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 56 travellers have already met
before they left for Scenic Scandi tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Scenic Scandi