5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 39
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Loch Ness
- Isle of Skye
- Fort William
- Hunt for Nessie and get your first glance of Highland life
- Head to Isle of Skye and hike to amazing rock formations
- Learn all about the fight for independence
- Admire the scenic beauty of remarkable Glen Coe
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
Where You'll Stay
Operated by MacBackpackers
MacBackpackers has been running fun filled, fully guided adventures around Scotland for almost 20 years. Created for young travellers and backpackers aged between 18 and 39, our tours give an entertaining, informative and utterly unique view of Scotland. Our guides, patriotic and passionate, will open up our amazing country to you, weaving together the rich fabric of Scottish history and culture as we travel along some of the most picturesque routes in Scotland. We are an energetic bunch and always aim to spend as much time off the bus as possible. Whether it’s exploring a castle, climbing to the top of a mountain or swimming in legendary Loch Ness, we like to get up close and personal with our country. We take you to all the hidden gems that you won’t find in the guidebooks to give you a feel of the real Scotland. In the evenings, we'll welcome you to our award-winning hostels, giving you the opportunity to socialise and make friends with fellow travellers over a meal or a pint at the local pub. Unlike many of our competitors, we are 100% Scottish and independent - so you can be sure you'll have an authentically Scottish and genuinely unforgettable experience with us. Please note: During the Winter months all of our tours depart at 8am.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- Teesta· January 16th, 2023Words cannot explain what a phenomenal trip this was. I'd been dreaming of visiting Scotland and the Isle of Skye in particular since I was about 6 years old and to finally have got there was surreal. Unreal locations, stunning scenery, all made... Show moreMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Teesta! Thank you so much for the absolutely lovely review, we're so glad you enjoyed your trip so much. Neil is absolutely brilliant and we love him to bits. We'll be sure to pass your comments on to him! We hope to see you around these parts... Show moreTrip date: July 2022
- Shannon· November 7th, 2022Mark was an excellent tour guide and the tour itself was amazing. Highly recommend the 5 day tour to get a great overview of the Highlands and Scottish history.MacBackpackers commented on this reviewThank you for the review Shannon! We're so glad you enjoyed your tour and that we were able to be a part of your Scottish Adventure!Trip date: October 2022
- GRGrace· October 14th, 2022If you're looking to have the time of your life in Scotland THIS IS THE TOUR!!! I will be highly recommending Macbackpackers to anyone and everyone that ever wants to visit Scotland. Neil was an absolutely incredible tour guide who truly treated us like... Show moreMacBackpackers commented on this reviewThank you so much Grace! We are so happy that you enjoyed your tour so much! Reviews like this are really why we're in the business. We hope to see you in Bonnie Scotland again one day!Trip date: October 2022
- RRoshanAgrawal· October 14th, 2022I had the most amazing 5 days on this tour! Our guide Mark was amazing - he had the best stories and was super kind and flexible. All of the places you stop are amazing and we even squeezed in a couple of great hikes.Trip date: August 2022
- RMRoxane Aleda· October 12th, 2022Better than my wildest dreamsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewThank you Roxane! We're so happy you enjoyed your trip so much!Trip date: August 2022
- Hema M· October 10th, 2022The best decision that we made was to travel with you guys. It was an amazing experience. I feel I missed booking with you for 5 days never the less will be back soon : )MacBackpackers commented on this reviewThank you so so much Hema! It was a pleasure having you on the bus and we hope to see you again someday!Trip date: September 2022
- Linda· October 4th, 2022Do it, it's a bit short and rushed but still worth it!MacBackpackers commented on this reviewThank you for the review Linda!Trip date: September 2022
- CMChani· October 3rd, 2022This tour was amazing! Neil is an amazing guide, with great character and personality. He finds a way to weave fact with folk-lore, telling a story along the journey. I felt very well-looked after in all the hostels with good facilities, hot showers... Show moreMacBackpackers commented on this reviewThank you so much for the review Chani! We're so glad you enjoyed your tour with us and that we could be a part of your big trip! We'd love to see you again somedayTrip date: September 2022
- EDElla· October 2nd, 2022I had an amazing time. Scotland is incredibly beautiful with a rich and interesting history. Our tour guide Neil was fantastic and a brilliant storyteller. I would definitely recommend this trip.MacBackpackers commented on this reviewThank you for the great review Ella! We'll pass on your comments to Neil :)Trip date: September 2022
- JJodi· October 1st, 2022Fantastic tour! Had such a great time, I didn't want it to end! Was a great way to get a taste of the Highlands and have fun with a bunch of strangers, soon to be friends. Our guide was Neil and he was top-notch. Friendly, hilarious, and a wonderful... Show moreTrip date: September 2022
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday27 Mar, 2023Friday31 Mar, 2023English$436
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday10 Apr, 2023Friday14 Apr, 2023English$436
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday24 Apr, 2023Friday28 Apr, 2023English$436
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday8 May, 2023Friday12 May, 2023English$4360% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday22 May, 2023Friday26 May, 2023English$4360% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday5 Jun, 2023Friday9 Jun, 2023English$4360% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday19 Jun, 2023Friday23 Jun, 2023English$4360% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday3 Jul, 2023Friday7 Jul, 2023English$4480% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday17 Jul, 2023Friday21 Jul, 2023English$4480% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday31 Jul, 2023Friday4 Aug, 2023English$4480% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
- What are the optional excursions?
- Do I need a visa?
- Is there a hotel list available?
- What does the tour price include?
- What is the age range?
- Are the flights included?
- Is there any available luggage stores with this tour?
- What can I expect from the coaches?
- Do you have guaranteed departures?
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- People also viewed
Keep Exploring Scotland
- Scotland Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Best 3 Weeks Europe Itineraries 2023/2024 (with Reviews)
- Discover the Best Explorer Trips 2023/2024
- Scotland from Edinburgh
- Scotland Explorer
- 5 days Scotland
- Operators in Europe
- 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling Tours in Scotland
- Explorer Tours
- Scotland Tours
- Europe Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Historical Tours
- Scotland tours