Vatnajökull Glacier Expedition
- Our saving
- US $ 2,457
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start and end in Reykjavik! With the ski, snowboard & snow tour Vatnajökull Glacier Expedition, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Reykjavik, Iceland and 4 other destinations in Iceland. Vatnajökull Glacier Expedition is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Max Group Size
- Jeep & 4WD
- Physical Rating
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 0: Preparation meeting with the guide – Day before departure
- Day 1: Reykjavík – Jökulheimar
- Days 2 and 3: Ascent to Grímsvötn
- Day 4: Grímsvötn Caldera
- Days 5 to 6: Traversing to the ice cap towards Öræfajökull glacier
- Day 7: Hermannaskarð pass to Esjufjöll mountains
- Day 8: From Esjufjöll down Breiðamerkurjökull glacier
- Day 9: Return to Reykjavík
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki22nd December 2017
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Icelandic Mountain Guides booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 May 2018 the full payment of $2,457 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2457 for Vatnajökull Glacier Expedition, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Icelandic Mountain Guides will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Icelandic Mountain Guides tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 663 km.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 276 km
- Jokulsarlon (Iceland)
- 66 km
- Grimsvotn (Iceland)
- 36 km
- Esjufjoll (Iceland)
- 18 km
- Breidamerkurjokull (Iceland)
- 267 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,457 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,433 tours in Europe
- covered by 191 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Vatnajökull Glacier Expedition via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17,497 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours