Vatnajökull Glacier Expedition
- Our saving
- US $ 2,444
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- LindaGreen's review about another Icelandic Mountain Guides tour5.0 - Excellent
I have been on many tours worldwide and Jon was quite possibly the best guide I have encountered. We were a small group of 5 travelling in very difficult conditions – winds that had cause roads to close and most tours and walks to be abandoned. John was... Read more
- Susan Faughlin's review about another Icelandic Mountain Guides tour4.5 - Excellent
What a great trip! The scenery was amazing, the guides were great and it was a lovely group of people to hike with. Would definitely recommend doing this trip.
- Laura Warner's review about another Icelandic Mountain Guides tour4.0 - Good
Fun trip, but I wish I would have known that the snowpack and conditions are highly variable. My trip in March was more like spring conditions in the Rocky Mountain USA rather than powder. I would also not recommend paying the supplement for vegetarian food... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 0: Preparation meeting with the guide – Day before departure
- Day 1: Reykjavík – Jökulheimar
- Days 2 and 3: Ascent to Grímsvötn
- Day 4: Grímsvötn Caldera
- Days 5 to 6: Traversing to the ice cap towards Öræfajökull glacier
- Day 7: Hermannaskarð pass to Esjufjöll mountains
- Day 8: From Esjufjöll down Breiðamerkurjökull glacier
- Day 9: Return to Reykjavík
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janice22nd December 2017
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Icelandic Mountain Guides booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 April 2019 the full payment of $2,444 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2444 for Vatnajökull Glacier Expedition, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Icelandic Mountain Guides will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Icelandic Mountain Guides tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 276 km
- Jokulsarlon (Iceland)
- 66 km
- Grimsvotn (Iceland)
- 36 km
- Esjufjoll (Iceland)
- 18 km
- Breidamerkurjokull (Iceland)
- 267 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,444 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,023 tours in Europe
- covered by 395 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Vatnajökull Glacier Expedition via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 24,527 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours