Backpacking along the Vatnajökull Glacier
ends on 21 Jul 2018
Ask a question about this tour
24/7 Customer Support
Start and end in Reykjavik! With the hiking & trekking tour Backpacking along the Vatnajökull Glacier, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Reykjavik, Iceland and 5 other destinations in Iceland. Backpacking along the Vatnajökull Glacier is a small group tour that includes an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 16 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking
Other reviews about Icelandic Mountain Guides:Write a review
- Laura Warner's review about another Icelandic Mountain Guides tour4.0 - GoodFun trip, but I wish I would have known that the snowpack and conditions are highly variable. My trip in March was more ... Read more
- Diane's review about another Icelandic Mountain Guides tour5.0 - ExcellentGreat small group tour! Wonderful guide, amazing experience!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavík - Dalshöfði - Hverfisfljót
- Day 2: Hverfisfljót - Rauðhólar Craters
- Day 3: Fossahraun - Síðujökull
- Day 4: Across Síðujökull - Beinadalur Valley
- Day 5: Núpsá River- Súlnadalur- Núpstaðarskógar
- Day 6: Núpsá canyon- Tvílitihylur waterfalls- Sléttur plains
- Day 7: Sléttur –Grænalón lagoon-Skeiðarárjökull
- Day 8: Skeiðarárjökull crossing - Norðurdalur
- Day 9: Morsárdalur – Skaftafell National park – Reykjavik
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 15% to confirm this Icelandic Mountain Guides booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 September 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Backpacking along the Vatnajökull Glacier, but the deposit of 15% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Icelandic Mountain Guides will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Icelandic Mountain Guides tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 518 km.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 192 km
- Kirkjubaejarklaustur (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Sidujokull (Iceland)
- 17 km
- Beinadalur (Iceland)
- 7 km
- Graenalon (Iceland)
- 23 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 239 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,694 tours in Europe
- covered by 242 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Backpacking along the Vatnajökull Glacier via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 19,016 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours