Northern Explorer (ex. Wellington) 2017-18
- Our saving
- US $ 902
- +5 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- CMConnorWritten on February 12, 20184.5 - ExcellentA great trip despite being comfortably the oldest on the bus. Great people, Scott the guide and Emily the driver were fantastic; really friendly and helpful. A good mix of culture and adventure.Show detailed ratings
- jeniseWritten on November 25, 20174.0 - GoodOur guide aND driver was amazing The tour was exactly as described. However, tongariro park should be an optional excursion. Not everyone wants to hike 19km and there were no other options for the day. Also, the skotel should not be used for accommodation. The skotel was the worst. There were two bathrooms and two showers for thirty women. Also, there was nothing to keep anyone entertained at the skotel.Show detailed ratings
- JJessieWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhole trip was amazing! Would definitely do it again with TopdeckShow detailed ratings
- Aangiehumphrys@y7mail.comWritten on October 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentI traveled with Topdeck in NZ with Taimi as my tour guide. Taimi is just a kickass cool chick with the greatest knowledge. Taimi had all the answers to every question we had and just such an extensive knowledge of everything. She was fun too, always knew where to party cheap- and buying us all Birthday shots! She had great stories and legends of Maori culture to share, she kept everyone entertained and happy!Show detailed ratings
- KKatherineWritten on July 27, 20154.0 - GoodAwesome experience, gave us a good taste of the north island. Definitely recommend taking the 'Rock the Boat' optional and doing the night kayaking. Our trip leader was Lauren, she works over in Australia and was filling in for a few weeks, so she didn't know absolutely everything but she knew enough and what she didn't know our bus driver Prickles knew (Actually he knew everything). We made some awesome friends and I definitely recommend this as a great way to get to see New Zealand. The Tour does pick up/drop people off at different points in time so make sure you ask those who are there how long they're staying on for. Some of our friends continued on and were doing the Grand Kiwi, and from what I've seen and heard - it's an awesome way to travel NZ. After our tour we headed down to Queenstown on our own for a week, while we were there the Top Deck tour we were on came into Queenstown so we got to see some of our friends again. By that time they had gotten a new trip leader who was a local - Lance, who knew all the bar managers at different places often getting us cheaper drinks. Its awesome to travel with a trip leader that know the route because they often tell you the locals places to go and can get you good deals. Or in our case... Lauren convinced the manager of the Skotel to somehow get some more vodka because we kind of drank it all.Show detailed ratings
- RitaWritten on September 11, 20125.0 - ExcellentWhere do I begin describing this trip?? This trip was absolutely amazing, from the countries that we visited right down to the Topdeck crew!! Our trip leader was a bloody legend and had a wicked sense of humour! Our cook was beyond great considering all the diet requirements that he had to cook for. And our bus driver drove through Scandinavia as if he knew the roads off the back of his hands. All up I could not recommend this tour enough...from the midnight sun in Nordkapp and the bobsledding in Lillehammer to the Sea Fortress and markets in Helsinki this trip I would do all over again in a heartbeat!! I have defintely made friends and family jealous after showing them all the amazing photos!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Nelson to Wellington
- Day 2: Wellington to Tongariro National Park
- Day 3: Tongariro National Park
- Day 4: Tongariro to Rotorua
- Day 5: Auckland to Bay of Islands
- Day 6: Bay of Islands
- Day 7: Auckland
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- New Zealand: Why New Zealand?
- Ultime Travel Guide: New Zealand
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 1, 2016
I'm beyond the age limit, can you still accommodate me on this trip?
Unfortunately we would be unable to accommodate you on this trip as Topdeck reserve spots for travellers between 18-39.
Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
- July 1, 2016
What is the age limit of this tour?
The design trips that are specifically suited to travellers aged 18-39. Like you, they will be up for a great travel experience and meeting like-minded travellers.
- June 1, 2016
What time do we depart on Day1 ?
The first day departure form Auckland is an early morning departure so it might be a good idea to arrive the day before and book an extra night of accommodation.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- David3rd February 2018
Northern Explorer (ex. Wellington) 2017-18
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- SaturdayMar 10, 2018from Wellington7 DaysFridayMar 16, 2018to Auckland6 seats left$38USD $902Based on Multi-Share
- TuesdayMar 13, 2018from Wellington7 DaysMondayMar 19, 2018to Auckland0 seats left$38USD $902Based on Multi-ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayMar 26, 2018from Wellington7 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to Auckland6 seats left$38USD $902Based on Multi-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Wellington is the starting point and Auckland is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 April 2018 the full payment of $902 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $902 for Northern Explorer (ex. Wellington) 2017-18, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 194 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Bay of Islands (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $902 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 923 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 54 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Explorer (ex. Wellington) 2017-18