Grand Kiwi (21 destinations)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,349
- Kayak and snorkel the Bay of Islands
- Discover the beauty of Christchurch
- Master the Haka dance moves
- Explore Tongariro National Park
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Lodge, Temple, Motel
- Coach / Bus, Ship
- Rather Poor
- LLucyWritten on February 6, 20182.0 - Rather poorMissed parts due to top deck not booking properly. Big let downed New Zealand itself was amazing. I broke my arm on tour and the guide was apparently studying paramedics. Blamed rural location for not taking me to the doctors. Seemed put out by my arm. Not professional in other ways either. Really not okay.Show detailed ratings
- MRMelanieWritten on January 2, 20184.5 - ExcellentFabulous well coordinated trip managed extremely well by the tour leader Stacey and bus driver Jon. The experiences provided in New Zealand were extremely positive and every opportunity was given to explore as much of NZ as possible in 18 days.Show detailed ratings
- GMGemmaWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - Excellent16 Day Grand Kiwi with Taimi as the guide. She was amazing and went above and beyond at helping us all have the best time.Show detailed ratings
- DDarbyWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe Grand Kiwi topdeck trip was amazing! The whole thing was memorable and immediately missable - Taimi (the awesome tour guide with the knack for putting everyone at ease) and Chris (the cheeky bus driver), the bus/es (Maxine and Bert), the whole tour in general was amazing and everyone behind it deserves an award in my opinion - awards for pure awesomenessShow detailed ratings
- HGHayleyWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was fantastic. The guide, Taimi Maidla, was friendly, funny and super helpful. I had so much fun learning about each place we went to thanks to her knowledge and engaging way of presenting information. She helped organise extra activities and recommended stuff based on what we liked previously. She was also an all round lovely person with whom I could have a conversation with about things other than our current trip or travel itself.Show detailed ratings
- BBrendaWritten on January 15, 20174.0 - GoodAmazing time in New Zealand with this tour. I have used Topdeck in the past and this one did not disappoint! Awesome tour guide -she was very organized, fun personality, and took the time to know everyone! Also, we had some great drivers as well-quite personable and great company. Did the 17 day tour from Auckland to Christchurch-highly recommend that. Was able to experience many activities, cultural experiences, and explore different towns/cities. Would have liked more time in certain areas but as expected in a tour there is lots to see and do in a short amount of time. Others travelers joined and left throughout the trip which was unexpected, makes saying goodbye hard and new introductions repetitive. Food was alright, had better lunches/dinners out in restaurants then the included dinners. Budget in lunches/dinners not included (it all adds up!) and optional activities as there was tons to do and go for it (especially in Queenstown). Overall, highly recommend!Show detailed ratings
- NSNicoleWritten on January 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip exceeded my expectations! I was lucky with good weather, an exceptional guide and amazing people on the tour. While there were certain places I personally would have liked to stay longer, on a grand tour, you can only get a taste of everything- which you certainly do. New Zealand is an incredible country and I recommend starting in the North island and then moving down to the South. There were some really long bus days- but the spectacular views and locations were worth it. Budget more thank you think for the optional activities- because once you're over there, you'll be inspired to do as much as possible. The food on the tour varied in quality and quantity (some places were generous, others clearly under catered) and while there is an attempt to cater for dietary requirements, it's not always easy. Perhaps let people know that when they join a tour, others join at different times- so while I did the full 17 days, some only did 5 or 7 or 10. This can impact on dynamics and I felt for the people joining a group that had been travelling together for over 2 weeks. Having said that, our tour guide was brilliant at involving everyone. I couldn't recommend this trip more. If you like adventure, are willing to embrace a range of activities, scenery and meet new people- do the full 17 days!Show detailed ratings
- MFMeredithWritten on August 13, 20165.0 - ExcellentA great, well organized trip with an awesome tour leader and bus driver. I had the best time with the other people on the trip and the scenery/ activities were amazing. I loved this tour and highly recommend!Show detailed ratings
- JessicaWritten on February 28, 20164.0 - GoodI've travelled with Topdeck in Europe and the UK, both amazing trips, but I think New Zealand took the cake. Our driver, Mike, was really nice and took us to cool places to eat on our free nights while our leader, Dan, was very knowledgable about the country and helpful on deciding activities to do. The places we went were great, though wish we had had a few more days in some places. Weather a bit annoying in the South Island but they did their best to make up for the things we missed. Would definitely recommend for solo travellers - we far outnumbered the couples.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Jessica, Great to hear and see the amazing time you had on your Topdeck Grand Kiwi trip. We welcome you back anytime ~ Topdeck.
- RebeccaWritten on June 1, 20155.0 - ExcellentI had an absolutely fantastic time on this tour. Lana is a brilliant guide - friendly, super helpful, well informed, funny and totally on top of our itinerary. We were lucky enough to have Lance on tour with us as well training a new driver, and he was amazing as well. The schedule is pretty full with lots of early mornings but this meant we were able to fit in lots of activities. Even on days with lots of driving we stopped off regularly at beauty spots or places of interest. The accommodation was all nice, I expected more hostel type rooms with shared bathrooms etc but often we had ensuites. Overall I couldn't recommend this tour more, you will have the time of your life if you book! I was able to see many of the most beautiful places in New Zealand, did tonnes of fun activities (skydiving, kayaking, white water rafting) and made friends for life with the other people on the tour.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Auckland to Bay of Islands
- Day 2: Bay of Islands
- Day 3: Auckland to Rotorua
- Day 4: Rotorua
- Day 5: Rotorua to Tongariro National Park
- Day 6: Tongariro National Park
- Day 7: Tongariro National Park to Wellington
- Day 8: Wellington to Nelson
- Day 9: Nelson
- Day 10: Nelson to Kaikoura
- Day 11: Kaikoura to Christchurch
- Day 12: Christchurch to Fox Glacier
- Day 13: Fox Glacier to Queenstown
- Day 14: Queenstown
- Day 15: Queenstown
- Day 16: Queenstown to Fiordland
- Day 17: Fiordland to Lake Ohau
- Day 18: Lake Ohau to Christchurch
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- New Zealand: Why New Zealand?
- Ultime Travel Guide: New Zealand
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Does this tour includes the glow worm caves at waitoma?
Unfortunately there wont be enough time on the itinerary for the Waitoma caves, but there may be an opportunity to see glow worms elsewhere on the tour, but it is not guaranteed.
If you were to arrive in Auckland a couple of days before the tour starts, you could visit Waitoma independently before the tour begins.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joan13th January 2018
Grand Kiwi (21 destinations)
- MondayMar 5, 2018from Auckland18 DaysThursdayMar 22, 2018to Christchurch0 seats left$65USD $2,610Based on Multi-ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayMar 16, 2018from Auckland18 DaysMondayApr 2, 2018to Christchurch4 seats left$320$2,610-10%USD $2,349Based on Multi-Share
- MondayMar 19, 2018from Auckland18 DaysThursdayApr 5, 2018to ChristchurchOnly 1 seat left$320$2,610-10%USD $2,349Based on Multi-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 36 is the maximum group size for Grand Kiwi (21 destinations).
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 April 2018 the full payment of $2,349 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2349 for Grand Kiwi (21 destinations), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Bay of Islands (New Zealand)
- 190 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 194 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 72 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 125 km
- Nelson (New Zealand)
- 46 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 46 km
- Nelson (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,349 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 928 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Grand Kiwi (21 destinations)