North Island Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 785
- +4 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Behold Waitomo's glowworm caves
- Go whitewater rafting down Kaituna River
- Hike the famous Tongariro Crossing
- Enjoy the best of Wellington
- Age range
- 18 to 60 year olds
- Hostel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Mini-coach
- Travel style
- Adventure, Discovery, Sightseeing, In-depth Cultural, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- JWJulieWritten on December 26, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Things I did not like about the accommodation. A couple of the hostels we stayed had mixed gender bedrooms with multiple bunk beds. This is fine if those sharing are all travelling together and agree this is ok. I did not like to share with people of a... Read more
- DDavidSprakeWritten on December 24, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great experience all round- I would highly recommend.
- LJLeslieWritten on December 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great tour for solo travelers! The group and guide were so much fun to travel with. Loved that all the activities were already pre-booked and that we had the flexibility to add additional activities if we wanted to.
- GGabWritten on November 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was one of the best tours I’ve ever done! The guide (Ruth) was super outgoing, informative, and kind. She was awesome! All of the activities were incredible. New Zealand is an amazing country, and I feel like the itinerary on this tour really gives you... Read more
- MaureenWritten on November 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Many thanks and top regards to tour guides Baby J. (Andy) and Rhys for making a New Zealand adventure of a lifetime come true! Both dedicated & passionate guides are very knowledgeable about the highlighted major sites as well as interesting aside spots... Read more
- PPPatriciaWritten on May 1, 20185.0 - Excellent
In my opinion, the best way to see the North Island in one week- especially if you're a solo traveler. Fun group of like-minded people, lots of optional activities, and our guide Burto was passionate and informative about the culture and nature of New... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Patricia! Thank you so much for your lovely words, it means a lot to us! We have passed your message on to Burto, I'm sure he would love to read it as well. If you plan on coming back to New Zealand, please do let us know, we would love to show you the South Island as well! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
- EBEwaWritten on April 29, 20184.0 - Good
The tour was exiting not only because of fabulous views , but also because of fantastic atmosphere created by young attenders, included Sam our guide. So, few of us older than others was considered very relax and happy.Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Ewa! It is so wonderful to hear that you had a great experience on tour with us! We will be sure to let Sam know that you had a good time :) Hopefully we can see you again at some point in the future, we would love to have you on board with us again! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
- MWMarcWritten on April 24, 20184.0 - Good
Overall, the tour was great! Burto did a great job being flexible to accomodate the changing weather.Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Marc! How wonderful to hear that you had a great time on tour with us! We'll be sure to pass your kind words on to Burto :) Let us know if you decide to come back to New Zealand, we would love to have you on board with us again! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
- PPHunterWritten on April 21, 20183.5 - Good
Jackson was super! He made some excellent additional stops and did a super job of meeting everyone's needs and getting to know us all. It was an expensive bus ride...I felt it was overpriced for what we got as you pay for most of our meals, the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Pamela! Thank you for your feedback! We'll be sure to let Jackson know that you had a good time on tour with him! We're sorry to hear that certain parts of the tour were not up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback about our package inclusions and will keep this in mind for the future when we are in the process of reviewing our itineraries and inclusions. Please do let us know if you plan on coming back to New Zealand, we would love to have a chance to show you the South Island! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
- DDianaWritten on April 17, 20184.0 - Good
Burto was an awesome guide and had great advice for everything. Had a weird stop in north island that was like camp ( kind of gross) and things were rushed to fit everything in but all in all awesome. Note private accommodations are not every night and... Read moreShow detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Diana! Thank you for your message, we'll be sure to pass your kind words on to Burto! And thank you for your feedback about the accommodation providers we use on tour. We appreciate all feedback that we receive, it helps us grow! We will bring this up with the accommodation provider to see if there's anything we can do together to improve the conditions for our guests. We sincerely hope that you can join us again on tour sometime in the future if you ever come back to New Zealand! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 2 Coromandel to Waitomo
- Day 3 Waitomo to Rotorua
- Day 4 Rotorua to Murupara
- Day 5 Murupara to Taupō
- Day 6 Taupo
- Day 7 Taupō to Wellington
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Experience the very best of the North Island of NZ
- Visit New Zealand - Experience an Adventure of a Lifetime
- The Ultimate New Zealand Road Trip with Haka Tours
- Haka Tours - Small Group Adventure Tours
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
The tour operator has advised that they do not have a full list of accommodations available for the Amplified NZ tour, as the accommodations change so frequently. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. However, a couple of examples of accommodations they use for this tour are the Haka hotel in Newmarket and YHA Hostel in Wellington - hopefully, this can give you a better idea of the kind of accommodation you can expect on tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes at approximately 6 pm at YHA Hostel in Wellington. Luckily, you accommodation on the last night of the tour is included, so feel free to party with your new travel buddies and treat yourself to a lie-in in the morning, where your tour ends after breakfast.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts at 8 am on the first day of the tour, from the tour operator's very own Haka Hotel in Auckland (located in Newmarket on Manukau road). As this tour has such an early start, you can choose to stay in the hotel the night before the tour starts, which gives you a relaxed start to your Haka experience. Get ready, because on the first day of the tour, you will stop by the famous Hot Water Beach, which thousands visit each year to dig their own personal hot tub.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am a typical Kiwi male who loves to explore. I thrive on challenge and live by the rule there is no..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Art17th November 2018
North Island Adventure Tour
- Upcoming departures
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- SaturdayFeb 9, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayFeb 15, 2019to WellingtonOnly 1 seat left$83$943-9%USD $860
- SundayFeb 24, 2019from Auckland7 DaysSaturdayMar 2, 2019to Wellington5 seats left$83$943-9%USD $860
- SaturdayMar 2, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayMar 8, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$83$943-9%USD $860
- MondayMar 18, 2019from Auckland7 DaysSundayMar 24, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$83$943-9%USD $860
- SaturdayMar 23, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayMar 29, 2019to Wellington8 seats left$83$943-9%USD $860
- MondayMar 25, 2019from Auckland7 DaysSundayMar 31, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$83$943-9%USD $860
- MondayApr 1, 2019from Auckland7 DaysSundayApr 7, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$80$909-9%USD $829
- WednesdayApr 3, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayApr 9, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$80$909-9%USD $829
- MondayApr 8, 2019from Auckland7 DaysSundayApr 14, 2019to Wellington6 seats left$80$909-9%USD $829
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Auckland7 DaysFridayApr 19, 2019to Wellington10+ seats left$80$909-9%USD $829
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $80 to confirm this Haka Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 March 2019 the full payment of $785 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $785 for North Island Adventure Tour, but the deposit of $80 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Haka Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haka Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 100 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 310 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $785 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,280 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 81 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for North Island Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 25 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North Island Adventure Tour