North Island Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 881
- +4 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Behold Waitomo's glowworm caves
- Go whitewater rafting down Kaituna River
- Hike the famous Tongariro Crossing
- Enjoy the best of Wellington
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- All Inclusive
- Rather Poor
- CLCraigWritten on February 17, 20184.0 - GoodWe enjoyed this trip a lot. Jackson was professional, well-informed, entertaining and a pleasure to be with. He was extremely accomodating in making all kinds of extra activities available to us. A couple suggestions: be clearer about what activities ARE covered as part of the tour, and state which activities are extra (ie, extra fees). Also, fix the microphone on the van so Jackson can speak more comfortably to the whole group without having to shout. We would recommend this tour to friends considering travelling in NZ. We loved Roxy as well. Her sunny, bubbly nature made her a pleasure to be with - her English, though heavily accented, was readily understandable.Show detailed ratings
- PHPatriciaWritten on January 16, 20184.5 - ExcellentHad a great time the excellent mix of people on the tour, our hard working tour guide Daz, the high standard of Haka accomodation and of course the venue North island and the great activities!!Show detailed ratings
- MSmatthewWritten on November 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentFantastic way to see a lot of the North Island highlights in just a week. Haka Tours is great and the local guide was exactly what I was looking for. My group was a fun mix of people all between 25-35 and I plan on keeping in touch with them.Show detailed ratings
- HHollyWritten on October 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour made me remember why I travel! Everything was awesome. No complaints at all. The Haka Lodges are beautiful. Burto, my guide, was sensational. Nothing was any trouble and he went out of his way to show us his New Zealand.Show detailed ratings
- TNTrudieWritten on October 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur trip was fantastic from the beginning to end. Mike 'Burto' Burton ensured we were all looked after and his knowledge and sense of fun made our trip extra special. He went out of his way to ensure each and every one of us had the NZ experience we had wished for.Show detailed ratings
- RMRebeccaWritten on October 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentI did the 3-day Bay of Islands tour and the 7-day North Island Adventure Tour with Burto, and they were both fantastic trips! Burto was the best guide we could have asked for. New Zealand is awesome - that's a given. But my trip wouldn't have been half so awesome without Burto as a guide. His extensive local knowledge and commitment to giving everyone the best experience possible ensured that we had an amazing time. He encouraged us to make the most of the adventure we were all on, and encouraged us to stretch ourselves. His unfailingly positive attitude and joi de vivre (even while quitting smoking!) combined with his humour and people skills to make everyone feel at home, such that by the end of the trip, a bunch of strangers had transformed into a tight-knit bus family. Thank you Burto for making my trip to New Zealand the experience of a lifetime - I'm so glad you talked me off that ledge!Show detailed ratings
- TTarsheeniWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentWent on a North Island Adventure tour with Burto, our guide. This was truly an experience that was nothing short of amazing. It was my first time in NZ and I dare say, hands down, the best experience ever. Burto was brilliant with his blissful knowledge of anything NZ. He had answers to all our questions and was extremely patient. Burto also has a knack for encouraging people to do the unthinkable and live their lives. I would not have dared attempt skydiving if it was not for him. Overall, it was an unforgettable experience. Can't wait to travel with Haka Tours and Burto again! Cheers!Show detailed ratings
- JJaneWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentI was recommended Haka Tours by a good friend who I was visiting in NZ and I booked a week tour of the North Island. It didn't disappoint. You would probably think that a lot of tour companies are the same, but my experience with Haka was brilliant. I was anxious about joining the tour and what it would be like. But our tour guide, Burto (Mike Burton) really made it so easy for us. I felt at ease and in safe hands the whole time. Burto shares so much knowledge and enthusiasm about NZ and was always suggesting ways the group could get the most out of their tour, even for the time they were spending in NZ after they said goodbye to the bus! He was incredibly patient even after a million questions. Haka Tours was perfect for me, good size group, really good mix of ages and home countries and brilliant guide with lots of fun stops along the way that wouldn't be possible with a huge group. Thank you to Burto and to my tour buddies for making it such a fun week, I felt really sad to leave! I would definitely recommend.Show detailed ratings
- JPJimWritten on September 27, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip exceeded all expectations. I had always dreamed of vacationing in New Zealand and the touruide and fellow tourists was the best trip I've ever had ,Show detailed ratings
- SPStacyWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy husband and I went on a week long trip with Haka Tours. I was skeptical at first. I'm 53, not very active and afraid of my own shadow. Our tour guide "Burto" made our trip so fun and comfortable for everyone no matter their age, activity level or whether or not they would bungie jump or skydive. My only regret was only going for a week. So, we are doing the 23 day tour February 2019. See you soon New Zealand.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 2 Coromandel to Waitomo
- Day 3 Waitomo to Rotorua
- Day 4 Rotorua to Taupo
- Day 5 Taupo
- Day 6 Taupo to Wellington
- Day 7 Wellington
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2017
What items on the posted itinerary are included in the price?
The North Island Adventure tour has the following inclusions:
-Transport, breakfast and accommodation (max 6 share, upgrades available)
-Passionate Kiwi Guide
-Maori Cultural experience in the Coromandel and Rotorua
-Traditional Maori ‘Hangi’ (food cooked using heated rocks buried in an underground oven)
-Explore an extraordinary geyser land with candy coloured water and geothermal activity at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
-Carve your own ‘Tiki’ pendant from bone
-Stunning cliff top walk to Cathedral Cove, which you might recognise from the Chronicles of Narnia
-Soak in a natural hot pool in the forest
The other activities, such as zip lining, skydiving and rafting are all optional so that everyone can choose what they would like to do. Therefore they are not included in the price.
- February 1, 2017
What is the size of the allowed luggage size on this trip?
We usually allow up to 21kgs per person.
- October 1, 2016
What is the age demographics for this tour?
Haka Tours are generally for people in their late twenties to mid thirties as they mainly stay in hostels, but they get a really wide range and it varies with every tour and even have passengers up to the age of 79 on the tour.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am a typical Kiwi male who loves to explore. I thrive on challenge and live by the rule there is no..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gillian27th January 2018
North Island Adventure Tour
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- FridayMar 16, 2018from Auckland7 DaysThursdayMar 22, 2018to WellingtonOnly 1 seat left$41USD $979
- MondayMar 19, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSundayMar 25, 2018to Wellington10+ seats left$139$1,020-14%USD $881
- WednesdayMar 28, 2018from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayApr 3, 2018to Wellington8 seats left$41USD $979
- FridayMar 30, 2018from Auckland7 DaysThursdayApr 5, 2018to Wellington5 seats left$41USD $979
- SundayApr 1, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to Wellington10+ seats left$39USD $944
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Auckland7 DaysFridayApr 13, 2018to Wellington10+ seats left$39USD $944
- MondayApr 9, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSundayApr 15, 2018to Wellington5 seats left$39USD $944
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Auckland7 DaysFridayApr 27, 2018to Wellington6 seats left$87$984-9%USD $897
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Auckland7 DaysFridayMay 18, 2018to WellingtonOnly 1 seat left$39USD $944
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Auckland7 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Wellington4 seats left$39USD $944
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Haka Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 April 2018 the full payment of $881 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $881 for North Island Adventure Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Haka Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haka Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 100 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 310 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $881 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 923 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 54 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for North Island Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North Island Adventure Tour