North Island Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 898
- +4 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Behold Waitomo's glowworm caves
- Go whitewater rafting down Kaituna River
- Hike the famous Tongariro Crossing
- Enjoy the best of Wellington
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- All Inclusive
- Rather Poor
- PPPatriciaWritten on May 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentIn my opinion, the best way to see the North Island in one week- especially if you're a solo traveler. Fun group of like-minded people, lots of optional activities, and our guide Burto was passionate and informative about the culture and nature of New Zealand. So much fun!Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Patricia! Thank you so much for your lovely words, it means a lot to us! We have passed your message on to Burto, I'm sure he would love to read it as well. If you plan on coming back to New Zealand, please do let us know, we would love to show you the South Island as well! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
- EBEwaWritten on April 29, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour was exiting not only because of fabulous views , but also because of fantastic atmosphere created by young attenders, included Sam our guide. So, few of us older than others was considered very relax and happy.Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Ewa! It is so wonderful to hear that you had a great experience on tour with us! We will be sure to let Sam know that you had a good time :) Hopefully we can see you again at some point in the future, we would love to have you on board with us again! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
- MWMarcWritten on April 24, 20184.0 - GoodOverall, the tour was great! Burto did a great job being flexible to accomodate the changing weather.Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Marc! How wonderful to hear that you had a great time on tour with us! We'll be sure to pass your kind words on to Burto :) Let us know if you decide to come back to New Zealand, we would love to have you on board with us again! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
- PPHunterWritten on April 21, 20183.5 - GoodJackson was super! He made some excellent additional stops and did a super job of meeting everyone's needs and getting to know us all. It was an expensive bus ride...I felt it was overpriced for what we got as you pay for most of our meals, the accomodation was quite poor overall, and most activities were paid for by us without a tour or group discount. I'd suggest a wine tour as an optional activity and hghly recommend keeping the pendant carving in.Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Pamela! Thank you for your feedback! We'll be sure to let Jackson know that you had a good time on tour with him! We're sorry to hear that certain parts of the tour were not up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback about our package inclusions and will keep this in mind for the future when we are in the process of reviewing our itineraries and inclusions. Please do let us know if you plan on coming back to New Zealand, we would love to have a chance to show you the South Island! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
- DDianaWritten on April 17, 20184.0 - GoodBurto was an awesome guide and had great advice for everything. Had a weird stop in north island that was like camp ( kind of gross) and things were rushed to fit everything in but all in all awesome. Note private accommodations are not every night and most places don't have private ensuite bathroomsShow detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewKia Ora Diana! Thank you for your message, we'll be sure to pass your kind words on to Burto! And thank you for your feedback about the accommodation providers we use on tour. We appreciate all feedback that we receive, it helps us grow! We will bring this up with the accommodation provider to see if there's anything we can do together to improve the conditions for our guests. We sincerely hope that you can join us again on tour sometime in the future if you ever come back to New Zealand! Kind regards, Tianna - Tour Advisor, Haka Tours
- CLCraigWritten on February 17, 20184.0 - GoodWe enjoyed this trip a lot. Jackson was professional, well-informed, entertaining and a pleasure to be with. He was extremely accomodating in making all kinds of extra activities available to us. A couple suggestions: be clearer about what activities ARE covered as part of the tour, and state which activities are extra (ie, extra fees). Also, fix the microphone on the van so Jackson can speak more comfortably to the whole group without having to shout. We would recommend this tour to friends considering travelling in NZ. We loved Roxy as well. Her sunny, bubbly nature made her a pleasure to be with - her English, though heavily accented, was readily understandable.Show detailed ratings
- PHPatriciaWritten on January 16, 20184.5 - ExcellentHad a great time the excellent mix of people on the tour, our hard working tour guide Daz, the high standard of Haka accomodation and of course the venue North island and the great activities!!Show detailed ratings
- MSmatthewWritten on November 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentFantastic way to see a lot of the North Island highlights in just a week. Haka Tours is great and the local guide was exactly what I was looking for. My group was a fun mix of people all between 25-35 and I plan on keeping in touch with them.Show detailed ratings
- HHollyWritten on October 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis tour made me remember why I travel! Everything was awesome. No complaints at all. The Haka Lodges are beautiful. Burto, my guide, was sensational. Nothing was any trouble and he went out of his way to show us his New Zealand.Show detailed ratings
- TNTrudieWritten on October 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur trip was fantastic from the beginning to end. Mike 'Burto' Burton ensured we were all looked after and his knowledge and sense of fun made our trip extra special. He went out of his way to ensure each and every one of us had the NZ experience we had wished for.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 2 Coromandel to Waitomo
- Day 3 Waitomo to Murupara
- Day 4 Murupara to Rotorua
- Day 5 Rotorua to Taupō
- Day 6 Taupo
- Day 7 Taupō to Wellington
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 18, 2018
Is there a hotel list available?
The tour operator has advised that they do not have a full list of accommodations available for the Amplified NZ tour, as the accommodations change so frequently. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. However, a couple of examples of accommodations they use for this tour are the Haka hotel in Newmarket and YHA Hostel in Wellington - hopefully, this can give you a better idea of the kind of accommodation you can expect on tour.
- May 18, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes at approximately 6 pm at YHA Hostel in Wellington. Luckily, you accommodation on the last night of the tour is included, so feel free to party with your new travel buddies and treat yourself to a lie-in in the morning, where your tour ends after breakfast.
- May 18, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts at 8 am on the first day of the tour, from the tour operator's very own Haka Hotel in Auckland (located in Newmarket on Manukau road). As this tour has such an early start, you can choose to stay in the hotel the night before the tour starts, which gives you a relaxed start to your Haka experience. Get ready, because on the first day of the tour, you will stop by the famous Hot Water Beach, which thousands visit each year to dig their own personal hot tub.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am a typical Kiwi male who loves to explore. I thrive on challenge and live by the rule there is no..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
North Island Adventure Tour
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Wellington6 seats left$37USD $898
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to WellingtonOnly 1 seat left$37USD $898
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Wellington6 seats left$37USD $898
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Auckland7 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Wellington10+ seats left$37USD $898
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Wellington9 seats left$37USD $898
- MondaySep 24, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to WellingtonOnly 3 seats left$37USD $898
- SaturdayOct 6, 2018from Auckland7 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to WellingtonOnly 1 seat left$37USD $898
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Wellington8 seats left$37USD $898
- MondayOct 15, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Wellington10+ seats left$37USD $898
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Auckland7 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Wellington10+ seats left$37USD $898
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Haka Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $898 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $898 for North Island Adventure Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Haka Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haka Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 100 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 310 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $898 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 819 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 56 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for North Island Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 20 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North Island Adventure Tour