Essential Morocco (including Merzouga)
- Explore the vibrant Menara Gardens
- Stroll through the Todgha Gorges
- Visit majestic sand dunes in Merzouga
- Discover the amber landscape of Rabat
- Age range
- 18 to 45 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- SallyWritten on February 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Morocco was incredible! Our guide Abdul was very informative and he valued our opinion. The sights you see on the tour are amazing, and the days are very well organized. The desert and camel ride was absolutely fantastic. Food was always great. Travel... Read more
- MKMartaWritten on November 12, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We had a fantastic guide in Morocco called Youseff who had good sense of humour, a lot of local knowledge and was very kind, taking good care of everyone. The tour took us around a lot of great sights, however the driving from place to place was lenghty,... Read more
- LOLisaWritten on October 3, 20173.5 - Good
Morocco is an amazing country to visit, but I don't recommend you do it through Travel Talk. While our tour guide, Hicham, was great, the poor customer service and misinformation on Travel Talk's end was frustrating enough to make me never want to book a... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Lisa, thank you for your review, we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. Can you please send your feed back to our Customer Service on firstname.lastname@example.org , all points you have brought up will be investigated and one of our customer service rep will be able to get back to you once the investigation is finalized. Thank you.
- MMelissaWritten on October 2, 20173.0 - Average
The Essential Morocco tour was my first and last experience with this company. While the tour guide and Morocco itself were both lovely, me and the other ladies on my tour were very upset at TTT's management of our tour. The biggest and most inexcusable... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Melissa, thank you for your review, we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. Our customer service department has received your mail today , they have investigated all the points you have brought up to our attention, they have completed their investigation , you should be receiving a reply back from them before the end of business day. Thank you.
- BrunaWritten on September 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was excellent. Everything I expected and more. Very well organized and everything that was planned was carried out perfectly. The tour guide, Youssef was amazing. I traveled with my mom (61 years old) and the age was definitely not an issue with... Read more
- BKBridgetWritten on August 15, 20171.0 - Bad
I was really disappointed I wrote an email about this experience and how it went very badly and didn't hear back from anyone . We were always running late didn't make many of the supposed sights in time or only 1 minute to take a photo and YALLA YALLA... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Bridget, thank you for your review, we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. We were already in email contact with you regarding your complaints about the itinerary and food in March/April, but of course, as you are a valued customer, we are happy to review this again. However, we could not action the issue with the stolen money as we did not receive any message about this until now, 5 months after the tour. Please be sure that this is a very serious issue and we will investigate that with all available means and get back to you as soon as possible in the already existing email conversation of your complaint. In the meanwhile, if you have any further question, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
- EErtugrulWritten on July 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was all fantastic. I hope to join them again.
- RachWritten on June 8, 20173.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
A wonderful way to see the country, but be ready for a big group filled with Aussies.
- BKBridgetWritten on March 27, 20171.5 - Rather poor
It really was not what I expected no. The guide was hopeless Did the know or teach us anything. Forgot most of what we requested to do/experience//buy & that I am vegetarian. He was more of a babysitter and would just act the fool & he didn't seem to have... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTravel Talk commented on this reviewHi Bridget, thank you for your review we value all our customer’s feedback to deliver the best service to our passengers as possible. I believe the the issue started with but you have not mentioned in your review is you though you booked the tour based on single supplement. Your have send the following enquiry to us through Tourradar.com system " Can you please advise as to whether a single supplement is available and what the cost would be? " of February 1st , on the same day we replied back with the following response " Hello Bridget, Thank you for your booking.The single supplement costs €329 please send an emquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to add it. Best Regards Travel Talk You had many communications with our team since February 1st, through Tourradar.com site as well as direct emails and not once were you able to response to the mails concerning single supplement. No were in our system and no were on Tourradar.com system confirms that you have paid for single supplement. But when you arrived to the destination you notified our tours guide that you had booked the single supplement and that you should be in a single room. As our tour guide does not have any booking information , he took the initiative and provided his single room to you and he went to stay in another hotel as the one we were staying no room was available. In regards to your above points , we have investigated the matter with our Operation Manager in Morocco as well as other travelers on your tour, we have looked over each Customer Satisfaction survey forms which are completed at the end of each tour by passengers, we even had 5 people on the same tour wrote us directly about how satisfied they were of the tour as well as with the guide Abdal, they all said he was very helpfull and informative. The hotels are authentic and interesting, our hotels on Essential Morocco tours are combination of 4 and 5 start hotels stated by Moroccan tourism board. In regards to you stating a certain amount of money was stolen from you either on the bus or one of the hotels you've stayed in, we have not received a mail from you about this matter, if you could please send a mail to our call center our Operation team will be more than happy to investigate this matter, all our hotels provide safety deposit box in the room or in the reception for customers to use for their valuables. Thank you.
- AmandaWritten on August 5, 20145.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Excellent tour, fantastic guide! The tour leader has provided a very interesting perspective on Moroccan life. This was my most amazing cultural experience. Highly recommend it!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Marrakech
- Day 2: Marrakech, Menara Gardens, Ait Ben Haddou
- Day 3: Ait Ben Haddou, Quarzazate, Merzauga
- Day 4: Merzauga, Fes
- Day 5: Fes
- Day 6: Fes, Rabat, Casablanca
- Day 7: Casablanca, Marrakech
- Day 8: Marrakech
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
If we arrive late on Day 1, is it feasible to still join the tour?
You may miss the group meeting but you can catch up with your group later in the evening or next day during early breakfast.
Will there be any airport transport available?
The transfers are available from 05:30am until 23:30pm on the first day.
What is the average age of travellers on this tour?
This tour is an open age and it accepts anyone from 18 years old.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jay18th December 2018
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Marrakesh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $120 to confirm this Travel Talk booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 March 2019 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Essential Morocco (including Merzouga), but the deposit of $120 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Travel Talk will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Travel Talk tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
- 105 km
- Ait Benhaddou (Morocco)
- 27 km
- Ouarzazate (Morocco)
- 275 km
- Merzouga (Morocco)
- 341 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 169 km
- Rabat (Morocco)
- 88 km
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 215 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,371 tours in Africa
- covered by 231 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Essential Morocco (including Merzouga) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Morocco (including Merzouga)